Are you looking for the best 4-ingredient chocolate chip cookies that you can make from scratch? Give a try to these delicious crumbly chocolate chip cookies that turn out perfectly every time you will make them. Say no to fancy ingredients and a lot of steps.
Yes, you read that right – just four simple ingredients are needed to create these delectable treats.
With their simple yet irresistible flavor, these simple Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect go-to dessert for any occasion.
In just a few easy steps, you can whip up a batch of these cookies that are sure to impress your friends and family.
Whether you’re looking for a treat to bring to a potluck or simply craving something sweet after dinner, these cookies are sure to hit the spot.
All you need is butter, sugar, flour, and chocolate chips. Mix them together, pop them in the oven, and voila! You have a delicious dessert ready to enjoy.
And the best part? You don’t need to be a baking expert to make them. Even novice bakers can easily whip up a batch of these cookies in no time.
Best Recipes to Try in The Air Fryer:
Using only 4 ingredients gives you fewer chances to mess up something wrong.
And if you’re feeling really adventurous, try mixing in some nuts, dried fruits, or other mix-ins for an extra flavor boost. The simplicity of this recipe makes it a great base for experimentation and creativity in the kitchen.
Let’s dive in!
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- With just four simple ingredients, this recipe is incredibly easy to make and takes only a few minutes to prepare. It’s the perfect recipe for busy people who want to enjoy delicious homemade cookies without spending hours in the kitchen.
- Even if we are using only 4 ingredients, these cookies have a rich, buttery flavor with a hint of caramel from the demerara sugar. The chocolate chips add an irresistible chocolatey goodness that everyone loves.
- This recipe is a great base for adding your own twist. You can add chopped nuts, dried fruit, or even coconut to make your own unique flavor.
- The ingredients for this recipe are affordable and readily available in most supermarkets. This makes it an ideal recipe for anyone who wants to bake cookies without breaking the bank.
- They’re a classic favorite that everyone loves, so you can be sure they’ll be a hit with anyone who tries them. I will recommend making a larger batch from the beginning.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Salted Butter.
- Sugar. I used demerara sugar because it have a caramel flavor. If you don’t have it at hand, you can easily replace it with brown sugar or with white regular sugar.
- Self-raising Flour. You can substitute it with a mix of 1 cup of all-purpose flour and 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Chocolate Chips.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
Quick Note: Before we will begin, let all the ingredients reach room temperature; this way, you will avoid the separation of the composition, and it will be easier for you to mix the dough.
Put the butter and sugar in a bowl where it will be convenient for you to mix all the ingredients.
Using a whisk or hand mixer, combine the ingredients well until the mass becomes whiter and fluffier.
Do You Love Your Air Fryer?
Level up your experience even more with these air fryer accessories!
Now, add all the flour to our composition.
Mix well until you have incorporated all the flour.
Pro Tip: You should mix well, but don’t overdo it because this will lead to the formation of the gluten casing, and the biscuits will no longer be as crumbly
Now we will need from 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to adjust the density of the dough.
Quick Note: The amount of water depends on the quality of the flour and butter you use. In my case, a tablespoon of water was enough.
Mix again until you get a dough consistency like the one in the picture below:
Now, add the chocolate chips to the cookie dough.
Mix again until you distribute the chocolate chips evenly in the dough.
Form the biscuits and put them in the fridge for about 30 minutes. This will allow them to keep their shape better during baking.
In the meantime, put the oven to heat up.
After 30 min, take the tray from the fridge and put it directly in the preheated oven.
Let the chocolate chip cookies bake for 15-20 min at 320°F (160°C).
Quick Note: The cooking time depends on how browned you want the biscuits to be.
Let them cool a bit on the baking tray because if you try to lift them immediately, they might break. Then you can move them to a cooling rack to cool.
After the chocolate chip cookies cool down, they are ready to be served.
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- Make sure your butter is soft and at room temperature before mixing it with the sugar. This will help it cream together better and result in a smoother cookie dough.
- When mixing the dough, be careful not to overmix it. Overmixing can result in tough cookies that are not as tender as they should be.
- Once the dough is mixed, it’s a good idea to chill it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. This will help the cookies hold their shape and prevent them from spreading too much during baking.
- Keep a close eye on the cookies while they bake, and remove them from the oven as soon as they are golden brown around the edges. Overbaking can result in dry, crunchy cookies instead of the soft, chewy texture that these cookies are known for.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. This will help them set and prevent them from breaking apart.
📋 Recipe Card:
4 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup Butter Salted
- ¼ cup Demerara Sugar
- 1 cup Self-raising Flour
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon Water optionally
- Mix the sugar with butter in a large bowl.¼ cup Demerara Sugar, ½ cup Butter
- Add flour over the composition and mix again.1 cup Self-raising Flour
- If needed, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of water to adjust the density of the dough. Mix again.1 tablespoon Water
- Add chocolate chips and mix again to incorporate them into the dough.½ cup Chocolate Chips
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- If needed, add 1-2 tablespoons of water to adjust the density of the cookie dough.
Leave a Reply