An easy banana muffins recipe that uses only 4 ingredients. Ideal if you are in the mood for something sweet and quick to whip up. You will get soft and fluffy muffins with a sweet banana flavor that are perfect for a breakfast or after-dinner dessert.
All you will need for this delicious 4-ingredients banana muffins is a little bit of self-raising flour (if you don’t have it at hand, I will tell you how to make it from regular all-purpose flour), butter, sugar, and of course a few ripe bananas.
Also, if you will not mash the bananas entirely, you will get a nice and fluffy texture. These banana muffins are so easy to make that you will wonder why you complicated yourself so much before that.
Besides that, I love making this recipe because it is an incredibly versatile recipe that you can easily add different ingredients like chocolate chips, nuts, or even a few spices to make the 4-ingredient banana muffins more personalized.
If you like meal prep, then this recipe is also will be a good fit for you as you can store them for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Enough words! Let’s get baking!
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- It is an easy recipe that requires only 4 ingredients which makes it ideal for some busy mornings or when you want to enjoy a delicious dessert without any hassle or complicated steps.
- As we are using only 4 ingredients, it is a versatile recipe that allows you to experiment with other ingredients.
- It is a budget-friendly recipe. All the ingredients are all common pantry staples which are ideal for those who want to bake something delicious without breaking the bank.
- As these 4-ingredients banana muffins look gorgeous and taste so good, they are perfect for any occasion.
If you’re looking for a crowd-pleaser dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth without requiring a lot of effort or expensive ingredients then you should give a try to this recipe!
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Bananas. This recipe is perfect for using bananas that are overripe. The riper the bananas are – the sweeter and more aromatic the muffins will be in the end.
- Butter. If you don’t have or don’t want to use butter, you can replace it with vegetable oil. An interesting idea would be to replace the butter with coconut oil to add a touch of exotic fruits.
- Cane Sugar. You can vary the amount of sugar depending on your taste. With the amount of sugar that I used, the muffins will have a medium sweetness level.
- Self-raising Flour. If you don’t have self-raising flour at hand, you could prepare this flour yourself. For this, add 2 tablespoons of baking powder for each cup of all-purpose flour.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
First, peel the bananas, break them into a few pieces, and put them in a deep bowl where it will be convenient for you to mix all the ingredients.
After this, add the sugar on top of the bananas.
Mash the bananas using a fork until you get a relatively homogeneous composition.
Quick Note: I recommend not mashing the bananas entirely. Leave some larger pieces, in order to obtain an extra texture at the end.
After that, add the self-raising flour on top of the banana and sugar mix.
After this, melt the butter in the microwave or on the stove, and add it to our composition.
Pro Tip: Be careful not to heat the butter too much because you will bake the flour and get a stickier texture.
Mix all the ingredients well until you get a uniform composition.
Use the molds for muffins and cupcake liners. Pour the dough into them until you will fill the molds to ⅔ of their capacity.
Quick Note: If you fill the cupcake molds until the top, during baking, the dough will rise and it may flow out of the forms.
Bake the banana muffins for 20-25 minutes at 350°F (180°C).
Let the 4 ingredients banana muffins cool before you will start serving and decorating them.
The easiest way to decorate them is to sprinkle them with powdered sugar, but of course, you are only limited by your imagination. You can decorate them as you want and need them.
In the end, you will get some banana muffins with a fluffy and chewy texture thanks to the banana that we didn’t mash entirely at the beginning of the recipe.
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- Use bananas as ripe as possible to get a sweeter taste.
- Do not mash the bananas until the end to get an extra fluffy texture in the end.
- Do not mix the composition for too long because you may risk getting gummy dough in the end.
- If you want an even more interesting taste, I recommend you replace the butter with coconut oil to get a more exotic taste of the muffins. Also, as a bonus, these muffins will be vegan as we will not have butter in our composition anymore.
- In order not to burn the muffins, after 18 minutes, I recommend you to check them with a toothpick and adjust the time if necessary.
♻️ Make Ahead, Storage, and Heating:
Can I Prepare It Ahead?
If you keep will keep the 4 ingredients of banana muffins in a tightly closed container, you could keep them on the table or in the refrigerator for about 5 days without losing their taste or texture.
Can You Freeze the Banana Muffins?
You can freeze them for up to 6 months if you will keep them in an air-tight container. The less you will keep them in the freezer – the better texture and taste you will get.
📋 Recipe Card:
4 Ingredients Banana Muffins
- Peel the bananas and break them into a few pieces.3 Bananas
- Add the sugar over the bananas.3 Bananas, ½ cup Cane Sugar
- Mash the bananas using a fork until you will get a homogeneous composition.
- Add the self-raising flour and mix well the composition.1 ½ cup Self-rising flour
- Melt the butter and add it over the rest of the ingredients.2.5 oz Butter
- Mix all the ingredients until you will get a uniform composition.
- Pour this composition into cupcake liners and cupcake molds.
- Bake them for 20-25 minutes at 350°F (180°C)
- Let them cool down before serving.
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑