Give a try to this 4 ingredients bread and butter pudding recipe if you’re looking for a simple yet satisfying dessert that’s easy to make with just a handful of ingredients. Made with soft and buttery brioche, eggs, sweetened condensed milk, and butter, this simple and delicious dessert is perfect for a cozy family dessert.
The beauty of this bread and butter pudding is in its simplicity. It is very easy and quick to make, and you will need only 4 simple ingredients that most probably you have already in your kitchen.
Not only is this recipe quick and easy to prepare, but it’s also a healthier alternative to many other dessert options.
The sweet brioches add a lovely richness and depth of flavor, while the eggs and sweetened condensed milk offer a creamy and silky texture.
The combination of all these ingredients makes this simple recipe absolutely irresistible.
Plus, you can experiment with different toppings and flavorings to make it even more nutritious. Try adding fresh fruit, nuts, ice cream, or spices like cinnamon or nutmeg for a boost of flavor and nutrition.
This recipe is great for using your leftover brioche or bread that’s starting to go stale. Also, it is a quick way to make an easy treat for unexpected guests by using only 4 simple ingredients.
Best Recipes to Try in The Air Fryer:
Let’s get started and indulge in the deliciousness of this mouthwatering dessert!
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- It is a quick and easy recipe that you can make from only 4 simple ingredients. It is so simple that you can’t go wrong with it.
- It cooks almost by itself. All you will need is just to cut the brioches or bread into smaller pieces and mix them with a mix of butter and condensed milk. That’s all. The rest of the job will make your oven.
- It is a versatile recipe that you can adjust to your liking. You can use any bread leftovers, some fruits, or serve with your favorite topping.
- It is a budget-friendly recipe. You don’t need any of the expensive ingredients to make it, which is a perfect affordable, quick dessert.
- It is a crowd-pleaser for any occasion.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Sweet Condensed Milk. You can substitute the condensed milk with a mix of milk + sugar or a mix of cream + sugar if you prefer a creamier taste and you’re ready to pay a few calories for that.
- Brioche. You can use any type of plain white bread. I suggest you use leftover bread because this recipe is tastier when the bread is a little drier.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
For the beginning, put the eggs in a bowl in which it will be convenient for you to mix them.
After that, pour the sweetened condensed milk or the milk + sugar mix over the eggs.
Mix the composition well.
Quick Note: Take into consideration that the drier the bread you use will be, the more liquid it will absorb. So in your case, you may need a larger amount of liquid.
Cut bread into cubes of about 2″, but if you want a pudding with a more uniform structure, you can cut it into smaller pieces.
Do You Love Your Air Fryer?
Level up your experience even more with these air fryer accessories!
After that, arrange the cut bread in the casserole in which you plan to bake the pudding in the oven.
Now, cut the brioches into small pieces and spread them on a casserole.
Then pour the previously obtained egg mixture over the brioches in the casserole.
Pro Tip: If you like the pudding to be juicier, add milk or a little water to the composition.
Using the proportions I give, you will get a crusty pudding. I made this recipe every time by following these proportions, and my family adores this recipe.
Mix all the ingredients well in the casserole until the bread is covered with the sauce on all sides and until it absorbs all the liquid.
Preheat the oven and bake the bread pudding at 320°F for 25-30 min.
The pudding will be ready when it will get a nice golden crust.
Serve while it is hot.
If you are a sweet lover, you can sprinkle a little more sweetened condensed milk for extra texture and sweetness or use any other type of topping you like, such as fruit syrup or chocolate.
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- While you can make this recipe with whatever bread you have, I will recommend to use high-quality sweet brioches to get the best taste and texture from this recipe.
- Before putting the casserole in the oven, give them some time in order to ensure that the mix of eggs and sweetened milk will get fully absorbed by the brioches. As a result, you will get a more moist and flavorul pudding.
- Consider using eggs from the room temperature to avoid the risk of curdle eggs.
- Don’t skimp on the butter: The butter is what gives this pudding its rich and indulgent flavor, so be sure to use a generous amount.
- Serve immediately: Bread and butter pudding is best served warm, straight out of the oven. If you need to make it ahead of time, you can reheat it in the oven before serving.
- While the recipe is delicious on its own, go an extra mile and use your favorite toppings to make it exatcly to your liking and to add extra flavor and texture. Whipped cream, fresh berries, and caramel sauce are all great options.
Answering Your Questions:
How Long Does Bread and Butter Pudding Last?
It is recommended to eat it in the next 3-4 days as it contain butter and eggs. If you will freeze it, you can keep it for up to 3 months.
Why Is My Bread and Butter Pudding Watery?
There may be a few reasons why the bread and butter pudding is wattery. You didn’t soak the bread in the egg mixture enough time and the bread didn’t absorbed the liquid. Another reason is that you used too much liquid. As a general rule, the drier butter or brioche is, the more it will absorb the liquids.
Can Bread and Butter Pudding Be Frozen
Yes, you can easily freeze the bread and butter pudding in the freezer. Before freezing, let the pudding to cool to room temperature to avoid forming the ice crystals and to avoid it becoming soggy. Also, divide it into servings and keep it in different air-tight containers for up to 3 months.
Can Bread and Butter Pudding Be Made in Advance
Yes, you can make it in advance, to divide it into smaller servings that you know that will eat in one sitting and to freeze it. When you will need to serve the bread and butter pudding, consider leaving it thaw in the fridge overnight, then to cover with foil and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until it will heat through.
📋 Recipe Card:
4 Ingredients Bread and Butter Pudding
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Condensed Milk Sweet
- 9 oz Brioche
- 3 oz Butter
- Mix the eggs with sweetened condensed milk.4 Eggs, 1 cup Condensed Milk
- Cut the brioches into cubes of about 2" and arrange them in the casserole you will bake them.9 oz Brioche
- Cut the butter into smaller pieces and spread it over the bread in the casserole.3 oz Butter
- Pour the mix of eggs and condensed milk that we did over the brioches in the casserole.
- Mix well all the ingredients until you see that the bread absorbed all the liquid.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 320°F (160°C).
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
Leave a Reply