Healthy, easy, and delicious Carrot Fries without oil that you can make in the air fryer in just 15 minutes. A low-calorie snack that you can prepare for the entire family and everyone will love it. Serve it as a healthy snack, near a yogurt sauce, or as a side dish.
Are you a big lover of french fries? Are you looking for a healthier and low calories snack that is family-friendly?
These carrot fries would be a nice pick for you. The carrot fries are a healthier version of the classic french fries that you can make in only 15 minutes in your air fryer.
The best part? You will make a healthy recipe even healthier because cooking the carrots in the air fryer removes all the oil excesses from the traditional recipe.
Season the carrots with salt, and ghee butter and you can eat them as is as a snack, near a yogurt sauce, or as a side dish near a piece of meat or fish.
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- It’s a quick and low-calorie snack. One serving has only 140 calories and you can have it ready in just 15 minutes.
- You can serve it both as a snack and as a side dish.
- It’s a healthy snack that your kids will love it. It is a great healthy alternative to French fries.
🏆 Tips for Success? How to Make It Better?
- Serve the carrot sticks with your favorite sauce. It goes well with sauces based on yogurt, whether sweet or salty.
- Cut the carrots into slices leght-wise similar in size, so all the slices will cook the same way and at the same time. Consider slicing the carrots into ¼ inch slices. The thinner you will slice them, the less time will be needed to cook them. Be careful with the thickness of the carrots. If you will cut them too thin, it will be very easy to overcook them and try or even burn the carrots. Also, consider experimenting and to cut the carrots into chips to make some delicious and easy to make carrot chips in the air fryer.
- In order to obtain a more uniform and crispy carrot fries, don’t overload the air fryer basket. You should leave some free space between the carrot fries so the hot air can easily circulate between the slices. If you need to cook a bigger portion for a few people, consider cooking the carrots in a few batches for the best results.
- Since this recipe is very simple and will require from you only a few simple ingredients, pick the best quality of the ingredients that you can. Make sure that the carrots are fresh, sweet, and have a nice bright orange color.
- You can use the same recipe to make some delicious air fryer carrot chips. Just follow the exact same steps but cut the carrots into chips.
🥘 Ingredients and Variations
- Carrots. You could pick whatever kinds of carrots, including baby carrots. If you will use baby carrots, you can leave them as is without slicing them into fries.
- Sauces. I used a mix of honey, yogurt and cardamom. You could also use a hot sauce for example, or a peanut sauce. Also, a mix between the sour cream and dill would fit perfectly.
- Seasonings. You could add hot peppers, or other spices such is black pepper, oregano, thyme, granulated garlic.
Can I Make The Fries in the Oven?
Yes! Follow the same steps but instead of cooking them in the air fryer, preheat the oven to 425F, take a baking sheet, and line it with parchment paper. Lay the carrot fries on a single layer to make sure that all of them will cook evenly, cook them for about 20 minutes.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
Do you have planned a movie night? You can serve them as a healthy snack for the entire family. Or to serve the carrot fries as a side dish near a piece of meat or fish. A few great suggestions will be eating the fries with baked dorade fish or near some sesame chicken legs.
First of all, wash the carrots and cut them into uniform sticks. After you cut the carrots, season them with salt, ghee butter, or olive oil. Mix all the ingredients well.
Quick Note: At this stage, you can cut the carrots also into chips and make some crispy air fryer carrot chips.
Arrange the carrot slices in the air fryer pan in a single layer and cook them for 12 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
In the end, the carrots should be lightly browned on the outside and soft on the inside.
Making the Sauce for the Fries.
In a bowl, pour the yogurt, cardamom, honey, and a pinch of salt. Mix everything well until the honey dissolves completely.
The sauce is ready to be served near delicious carrots sticks.
Do You Love Your Air Fryer?
Level up your experience even more with these air fryer accessories!
♻️ Make Ahead, Storage and Heating:
As this recipe is very easy to make, I do not recommend making the carrot fries in advance because the carrot will soften and will change their taste.
You can keep the carrot fries for up to 2 days in the fridge. You will have to make the sauce fresh.
For the best results, I recommend reheating the carrot fries in an air fryer.
🤔Answering Your Questions:
There may be two reasons why the carrot fries come soggy when you’re cooking them in the air fryer. The first reason may be because you cut them too thick, or you cooked them at the wrong temperature or for a shorter period of time that is needed initially.
📋 Recipe Card:
No Oil Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Wash well the carrots and cut them into sticks.4 pieces Carrots
- Season the carrots with salt and ghee butter over them. Mix well.4 pieces Carrots, 1 tablespoon Ghee Butter, ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Arrange the carrot fries in the air fryer basket and cook them for 12 min at 400°F (200°C).
- Grind the cardamon.3 pieces Cardamom
- In a bowl, pour the yogurt, honey, cardamom and salt.½ cup Greek Yogurt, 1 tablespoon Honey, 3 pieces Cardamom, ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- Mix well all the ingredients and the sauce is ready to be served near the carrot fries.
- Pick fresh and sweet carrots that have a nice orange color.
- In order to cook all the carrot fries equally, cut all of them into equal slices.
- Don’t overload the air fryer basket in order to make sure that all the carrot fries are cooked in the same way.