Delicious homemade air-fried diced potatoes with paprika that have crispy skin and a tender and fluffy inside. These paprika air fryer potatoes are perfect if you want something more special than the regular roasted mini potatoes. Serve them with almost anything you wish.
If you were looking for the best diced potatoes in the air fryer then this recipe is for you. It requires from you minimum ingredients and almost no time to make them. Just season the potatoes with your favorite spices and they are ready to be cooked in the air fryer.
You can serve them hot or cold, but for the best, serve them when the diced potatoes are still warm because they will taste better and you will still have this crispy texture.
As we are cutting the potatoes into cubes, the cooking time will be very short, so be with an eye on them. Also, because we are making them in the air fryer, these diced potatoes are a lot healthier than the deep frying versions because we are using a lot less oil.
All you will need in this recipe is a few potatoes, a little bit of oil, and your favorite spices. For this recipe, I used paprika and oregano. But fill free to experiment with other aromatic herbs.
Quick Note: If you use a compact air fryer, consider cooking these diced potatoes in a few batches if you want to obtain the best results and a crispy and uniform crust.
If you’re looking for a similar oven recipe on how to make the potatoes, then check this Parmentier potatoes recipe.
What You Will Find in This Post?
- How do you need to cut the potatoes?
- Why the cooking time may differ in your case?
- Expert tips. On what to pay attention to?
- Serving suggestions and a lot more.
👩🍳How to Make Diced Potatoes in Air Fryer
- Wash well and remove the skin from the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into similar size cubes.
- Season the diced potatoes with olive oil and spices.
- Cook them at 400°F for about 15-18 minutes.
- Serve them when the potatoes are still warm to keep the crispy crust.
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- You need only a few simple ingredients. Just the potatoes and a few spices that you prefer to use.
- You can vary this recipe and make it to your own taste by experimenting with spices.
- It will take only 5 minutes of your time to prepare these delicious diced potatoes in the air fryer.
- You will get crispy potatoes on the outside and soft on the inside.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Potatoes. Use crumbly potatoes if you want to get a fluffier result.
- Seasonings. I used a mix between dried oregano, black pepper, salt, and for an extra taste and color, I used also a little bit of paprika. But of course, you can use other spices that you prefer.
- Olive Oil. By using olive oil, we will get an extra flavor and the potatoes will be crispier in the end. It should scare you that we used the oil because all the excesses will drain during the baking.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
Cut the potatoes into similar-sized cubes. After that, pick a large enough bowl that will allow you to mix the diced potatoes with the seasonings and oil.
Now, pour the olive oil and spices over the diced potatoes and mix well until you will make sure that all the diced potatoes are well covered with our spices.
Put the potatoes in the air fryer basket and arrange them in a uniform single layer. Make sure that you leave some space between the potatoes so the hot air can easily circulate between them.
Quick Note: If you plan to cook a larger amount of diced potatoes or your air fryer basket is smaller, please consider making the potatoes in a few batches for the best results.
Cook the diced potatoes in the air fryer for about 18 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
In the middle of the cooking time, remove the basket from the air fryer and shake it to rotate the potatoes. In that way, we will be sure that the potatoes are cooked evenly on all sides and they will obtain a more uniform crust.
Quick Note: The cooking time is only approximate only because it may differ from one air fryer model to another, by the potatoes you use, how large you cut them, and by how large is your air fryer basket. Personally, for this recipe I used the Cosori Air Fryer 5.8QT if you have a smaller or bigger air fryer, you will need to adjust the timing.
When they are browned, they are ready to serve.
If you prefer them crispy, then I recommend serving them when the potatoes are still hot, because if they will cool down, they will soften and will lose the crust.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
Serve the potatoes as soon as they are cooked. When they cool, the potatoes will lose their crispy crust, and in addition, the cold potatoes are not so tasty.
If you’re looking for some specific recommendations, then I can’t recommend you enough to try these diced potatoes with some of my lovely recipes:
- Air Fryer Chicken Strips Coated in Breadcrumbs
- Crispy Stuffed Pork Chops in Air Fryer
- Easy and Juicy Air Fryer Pork Loin
- Air Fryer Pork Roast with Apples
- Easy Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breast
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- Cut the potatoes into similar-size cubes. In that way, we will ensure that all of the potatoes were cooked the same.
- The smaller you will cut the potatoes, the faster they cook and crispier they will become.
- It is easier to cut the potatoes into equal cubes if the potatoes are about the same size from the beginning.
♻️ Make Ahead, Storage and Heating:
Can I Prepare the Diced Potatoes Ahead?
Potatoes are not a type of food that I would suggest you cook ahead of time. Their taste changes completely after cooling down and it will not recover after you will reheat them. Because of that, I recommend cooking and enjoying them freshly cooked when they are still hot.
How Long Do Diced Potatoes Last in the Fridge?
Of course, if you cooked them in a larger quantity and you have some leftovers after they cooled down, you can keep them in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Can You Freeze the Diced Potatoes?
I would not advise you to freeze the potatoes at home. They cook quickly and don’t require many ingredients, so you can always cook them freshly when you plan to serve them.
How to Reheat them?
If you want to re-heat the diced potatoes leftovers, then for the best results, I will recommend using the air fryer. By reheating them in the air fryer, you will return a little the crispy crust that they had in the beginning when the potatoes were freshly cooked.
📋 Recipe Card:
Air Fryer Diced Potatoes with Paprika
- Cut the potatoes into equal cubes.1 lb Potato
- Mix the potatoes with olive oil and seasonings that you decided to use.½ teaspoon Paprika, ½ teaspoon Oregano, ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper, ¼ teaspoon Salt, 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook them for 18 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- Halfway through, remove the air fryer basket and shake it to rotate the position of the diced potatoes in the pan.
- Serve the diced potatoes while they are still hot.
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- Cut the potatoes into similar-sized cubes to make sure that all of the potato cubes, will cook the same.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. If you need to cook a larger amount of potatoes, for the best results consider cooking them in a few batches.
- At half of the time, remove the air fryer basket and shake it to change the position of the potatoes, and put them back to cook.
- Cooking time may differ from only the air fryer model to another. Because of them, keep an eye on them because the potatoes are small and it’s very easy to urn them.