Cheese Air Fryer Garlic Bread is a perfect appetizer or side dish for almost any meal done in under 10 minutes. This super easy recipe for Air Fryer Garlic Bread Homemade garlic bread is loaded full of cheddar cheese, cream cheese, fresh chopped parsley, and plenty of garlic. Your house will smell amazing.
I think it’s hard to find two identical recipes for garlic bread. The garlic bread comes in all shapes, sizes, and cream fillings. It’s so good that almost everyone will find a great fit for themself.
Are you ready? Let’s get started!
What is Garlic Bread?
Garlic bread, also called garlic toast consist usually a slice of baguette or ciabatta bread topped with fresh garlic (or garlic powder), olive oil, and some aromatic herbs like is parsley or oregano. Today we went further and improved the basic recipe by adding cheddar and cream cheese.
Where Does It Come?
The origin of garlic bread comes from Italy in the 15th century under a variation of the traditional Italian Bruschetta. In America, it has appeared in restaurants in the 1950s and it was often served with pasta dishes, especially with spaghetti and lasagna.
In Greece, you will find garlic bread in addition to the classic ingredients also contains olives and onions. In England, you will find that instead of olive oil is used butter.
How to Make Garlic Bread at Home?
Making garlic bread from scratch is so easy that you don’t need anymore to buy frozen ones from the stores.
The easiest way to make the garlic bread from scratch is by rubbing a cut clove of garlic over toasted slices of Italian ciabatta or the traditional French Bread and in the end to spread the toast with vegetable oil or butter.
Shortly, here is how it’s done:
- Cut the bread into slices. Cut the bread lenghtwise to fit easily in your air fryer basket.
- Make the garlic butter. Mix the cream cheese with garlic, butter, cheddar cheese, and chopped parsley.
- Slather gererously the bread slices with your garlic butter mix.
- Bake them for about 5 minutes at 400°F.
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- This recipe is very easy and quicker to cook in the air fryer than in the oven. It will take you only 5 minutes to make it. You don’t need to wait for 10 minutes to preheat the oven then for another 10-15 to actually cook the bread.
- It is perfect for serving as a snack, soup, or ragout.
- You can customize the garlic bread to your taste. You can adjust the taste of the garlic, and you can experiment with a lot of toppings. Consider using different types of cheeses and spices.
🏆 Best Bread for Homemade Garlic Bread?
If you want the pizza bread to be more crunchy, I will recommend using a bread that has a hard shell like a French baguette or Italian Ciabatta Bread have, however you can use whatever bread leftovers that you have.
🏆 How to Make the Best Garlic Bread?
- Keep it simple and use a lot of garlic. It’s called GARLIC bread for a reason. Usually, I use at least one big garlic clove for every slice of bread. Also, use freshly shredded cheddar or parmesan cheese.
- Also, feel free to adjust the cooking time. Make them how crispy you like.
- Avoid stacking the garlic bread slices in the air fryer basket. Keep them in a single layer.
Benefits of Making Your Own Garlic Bread
Have you ever looked at the back of the package of the store-bought frozen garlic bread? Most probably, you will see that in these garlic bread slices wasn’t used pure butter or any butter at all. This appetizer is so easy to make and the best part is that you can control the taste of it and make it exactly to your taste.
You can pick how garlicky you want the garlic bread to be. Also, you can play around with the cheeses and aromatic herbs.
🥘 Ingredients Needed for This Recipe?
- Bread. I picked the french baguette, but if you can’t find it you can use any type of bread you prefer or that you have under your hands. You could even use flatbread.
- Softened Butter. I used unsalted butter.
- Garlic. I usually prefer the fresh garlic. Another good option is to combine the fresh garlic with powdered garlic.
- Aromatic herbs. I used chopped parsley but you can replace it with other aromatic herbs like oregano, basil, or dill.
- Cheese. I used grated cheddar cheese. You could use parmesan or any other type of cheese you prefer.
- Cream cheese. The role of the cream cheese in this recipe is to form a base that will allow us to mix in it the rest of the ingredients for the topping.
You could use the same recipe to make garlic breadsticks. So after you have greased the bread slices, cut them into sticks as thick as you want. Then bake in the air fryer.
Quick Note: Pay attention that if you plan to make the garlic breadsticks in the air fryer, the baking time may decrease.
How to Get a Softer Garlic Taste?
- For a more refined taste, you could bake a whole clove of garlic in an air fryer and then use the baked garlic in the topping composition.
If you want to experiment with herbs, you can use oregano, basil, or dill. Also, you could try mixes of dried herbs like a provance herb mix or even Italian seasonings.
How to Make Vegan Garlic Bread?
Bake whole garlic in the air fryer, then peel and crush it. Then, mix the garlic with the other ingredients and form the topping for the bread. The cheddar cheese you can replace with a piece of vegan cheese, and the butter replaced with vegetable oil.
How to Make the Texas Toast Garlic Bread in Air Fryer?
Usually, the only difference between the traditional French garlic bread and the Texas Toast Garlic Bread is that in the second case, are used larger and thicker slices of bread. That means that you can load more filling on the bread.
🍽️ What Do You Eat Garlic Bread With?
The garlic bread is a versatile side dish that will fit perfectly for almost any meal. You can enjoy them as they are, hot or cold. Another good combination would be to serve them with soup, a plate of spaghetti, meatballs, or ragout.
Quick Note: You can use any bread type you prefer, but if you want to get a crunchy result, you need to pick a bread that has a hard shell such as a French baguette. An alternative would be the Italian ciabatta. But you can use as well any other bread type that you have at hand, even toast or flatbread will be ok for this recipe.
If you have decided to go for the French baguette, cut a piece of baguette lengthwise that it fits in the air fryer basket. After that, cut it again in half lengthwise to form two slices.
Put all the ingredients for the topping in a bowl and mix well until you get a uniform cream.
Grease the obtained composition in a uniform layer on the bread slices.
Preheat the air fryer and put the bread slices in the air fryer basket.
Cook them for about 5 minutes at 400°F / 200°C or until they will become brown and will obtain a nice rich golden color.
Our garlic bread cooked in the air fryer is ready to be served.
♻️ Make Ahead, Storage and Heating:
It’s best eaten right out of the air fryer. It will change its taste in time. However, you can prepare the topping mix in advance and grease the slices of bread before baking.
I recommend making them fresh just before serving. However, you could prepare a larger amount of topping to keep in the fridge for about 1-2 days and when you will plan to make another portion of garlic bread, just cut a few slices of baguette or other types of bread you decided to pick and grease the bread slices with our garlic topping.
I recommend making them fresh just before serving. However, you could prepare a larger amount of topping to keep in the fridge for about 1-2 days and when you will plan to make another portion of garlic bread, just cut a few slices of baguette or other types of bread you decide to pick and grease the bread slices with our garlic topping.
You can heat them in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or in the preheated air fryer for 2-3 minutes.
🤔Answering Your Questions:
If you need a larger quantity for a crown, I would recommend preparing this recipe in the oven. In this case, if you want to keep them warm and crispy for a longer time, set the oven temperature to 100-125°F / 50°C in static mode (without air circulation) and you keep them in the oven until you have to serve them. This way you will be able to serve them hot for an extra 2 hours.
Even if you will get the best results by using fresh garlic, you can easily substitute it with granulated garlic. Use ½ teaspoon of powdered garlic for every fresh clove called in this recipe.
📋 Recipe Card:
The Best Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- 2 Slices Bread
- 2 teaspoon Butter
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Parsley Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 tablespoon Cream Cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- Cut the bread into slices lengthwise so that they will fit in the air fryer.2 Slices Bread
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients for the topping.2 teaspoon Butter, 1 clove Garlic, 1 tablespoon Parsley, 1 tablespoon Cheddar Cheese, 1 tablespoon Cream Cheese, 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- Grease the slices of bread with the topping obtained in a uniform layer.
- Preheat the air fryer and cook the garlic bread for about 5 minutes at 400°F (200°C).