You should give a try to this fluffy air fryer sponge cake! It is easy to make, requires from you minimum skills, and by baking it in the air fryer, you can’t go wrong with it. In the end, you can decorate the air fryer sponge cake as you need!
Are you ready to indulge in a little slice of heaven? I’ve got a recipe for you that’s going to knock your socks off – an Air Fryer Sponge Cake!
This cake is not your grandma’s old-fashioned sponge cake, oh no. It’s a modern twist on a classic dessert that’s light, fluffy, and downright irresistible.
Imagine sinking your teeth into a cake that’s perfectly crispy on the outside and delicate and airy on the inside. It’s like a cloud of sweetness that melts in your mouth.
And guess what?
This recipe is not only easy to make, but it’s also a healthier option compared to traditional cakes. With just a few simple ingredients like sugar, flour, butter, eggs, and baking powder, you’ll be able to whip up this delectable dessert in no time.
Plus, with the air fryer method, you’ll use less oil and get a golden-brown crust that’s just as crispy and delicious as baking it in the oven. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you for it.
Now, I know what you might be thinking – “Victoria, I’m not a baker, can I really make this cake?”
The answer is YES, you can!
This recipe is foolproof and perfect for both baking beginners and seasoned pros.
And the best part?
You can get creative with it and add your own personal touch. Maybe add some lemon zest or a pinch of cinnamon to the batter – the possibilities are endless.
And let’s not forget about the presentation, my friends.
We eat with our eyes first, after all. Why not dress up your Air Fryer Sponge Cake with some fresh berries or a dusting of powdered sugar? Or maybe a drizzle of chocolate or a dollop of whipped cream?
You can make this cake your own and really impress your guests with your baking skills.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get baking and create something sweet that’ll make your taste buds sing!
This Air Fryer Sponge Cake is the perfect dessert for any occasion – whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just want a little pick-me-up after a long day. So grab your apron, turn up the music, and let’s get baking!
And don’t forget to snap a picture of your masterpiece and share it with me on social media – I can’t wait to see your creations!
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- This recipe is simple and straightforward, requiring only a handful of ingredients and basic baking skills.
- Unlike traditional sponge cakes that can take over an hour to bake, this recipe can be cooked in just 30 minutes in the air fryer.
- The air fryer helps to create a crispy exterior while keeping the inside of the cake moist and fluffy, making it a delicious dessert that’s both light and satisfying.
- This recipe can be customized to suit any taste preference by adding different toppings or flavorings, such as fresh fruit, chocolate chips, or vanilla extract.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Sugar. I used white granulated sugar, but you could replace it with brown sugar.
- All-purpose Flour. You could substitute ⅓ of the all-purpose flour with almond flour for a more interesting taste.
- Baking Powder.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
Pro Tip: Before starting, it is important to let the butter and eggs reach room temperature so that it is more convenient for you to mix the butter with the sugar and avoid the separation of the ingredients.
After you bring the ingredients to room temperature, take a large bowl in which it will be convenient for you to mix all the ingredients.
Add the butter and sugar in the bowl, and mix well with a whisk until the mass becomes whiter and fluffier.
Immediately after this, add an egg and mix well until it is incorporated.
After this, incorporate the second egg.
At the end, add the dried ingredients: all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well until you incorporate all the ingredients.
Pro Tip: Do not mix for too long because you will develop the gluten shell, and the cake will not be as fluffy.
After you have prepared the dough, pour it into the baking tray that fits in the air fryer.
Quick Note: I used a 7″ pan, but if you have a 6″ pan, I encourage you to use it to get a taller cake.
Preheat the air fryer to 300°F (150°C) and bake the cake for about 30 minutes.
Quick Note: After 25 minutes, use a toothpick test, check if the cake is baked enough, and adjust the timing if needed, as the baking time may differ from one air fryer to another.
Leave the sponge cake aside to cool.
After this, you can serve it as it is, decorated with powdered sugar, or use this cake as a plate for a cream cake.
At the end, you should get a fluffy, golden cake with an intense butter aroma.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
- Serve the cake with a mix of fresh berries such as strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. The sweet and tart flavors of the fruit pair well with the light and fluffy texture of the cake.
- Top the cake with a dollop of freshly whipped cream. The cream adds a rich and creamy contrast to the airy cake, making for a delicious combination.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of the cake for a decadent finish. The chocolate pairs well with the light and airy texture of the cake and adds an indulgent touch.
- Serve a slice of the cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a classic dessert combination. The cold and creamy ice cream complements the light and fluffy cake, making for a satisfying and delicious treat.
- Make a simple lemon glaze by whisking together powdered sugar and lemon juice, and drizzle it over the top of the cake. The tangy glaze adds a refreshing twist to the classic sponge cake.
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- Just like an oven, it’s important to preheat your air fryer before adding the cake batter. This ensures that the cake will cook evenly and prevent any undercooked areas.
- Use room temperature ingredients: Allow your butter and eggs to come to room temperature before mixing the batter. This will help the ingredients to mix more evenly and create a lighter and fluffier cake.
- Be sure to mix all of the ingredients together thoroughly, but don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing can result in a dense and tough cake.
- Use a pan that fits comfortably in your air fryer and is made of materials that can withstand high temperatures. A silicone or metal pan will work well. I used a 7” pan in my 5.8QT air fryer, but I will recommend using a 6” if you want to make your cake taller.
- Every air fryer is different, so it’s important to check the cake frequently to ensure that it’s not over or undercooked. Use a toothpick to test for doneness by inserting it into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
🤔 Answering Your Questions:
Can I Use a Regular Oven to Bake This Cake Instead of an Air Fryer?
Yes, you can bake this cake in a regular oven. Simply preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and bake the cake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Can I Substitute the Butter With Margarine or Oil?
While it’s recommended to use butter for this recipe, you can substitute it with margarine or oil. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor of the cake may be slightly different.
Can I Use Gluten-Free Flour for This Recipe?
Yes, you can use gluten-free flour for this recipe. Make sure to use a gluten-free flour blend that’s suitable for baking, and follow the recipe instructions as written.
How Do I Store This Cake?
Once the cake has cooled completely, you can store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days. Alternatively, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Can I Freeze This Cake?
Yes, you can freeze this cake. Simply wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw, let the cake sit at room temperature for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
📋 Recipe Card:
Fluffy Air Fryer Sponge Cake
- 4.5 oz Butter
- 4.5 oz Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 4.5 oz All-purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Mix the butter with the sugar.4.5 oz Butter, 4.5 oz Sugar
- Add an egg and incorporate it well. After you will incorporate it, incorporate the second egg. By mixing them separately, it will easier for you to get better results.2 Eggs
- Finally, add the dry ingredients. Pour flour, salt, and baking powder over the previous mix that we made. Incorporate everything well.4.5 oz All-purpose Flour, ½ teaspoon Baking Powder, ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Pour the cake dough into a 6-7" baking pan.
- Preheat the air fryer to 300°F (350°C) and cook for about 30 minutes. Use a toothpick to check the if the cake is baked enough.
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- Bring the ingredients to the room temperature before you will start making the recipe.
- Do not mix the dough too much because it will not be as fluffy.
- After 25 minutes, check the cake with a toothpick and adjust the cooking time if necessary.
Leave a Reply