Prepare to sink your teeth into these 4 Ingredient Bacon and Cheese Muffins! These muffins are the ultimate breakfast indulgence with a crispy bacon crunch, cheddar cheese, and a tender muffin crumb. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you for trying these out!
Today, I’m excited to share with you a recipe that will make your taste buds sing and your tummy happy. These 4 Ingredient Bacon and Cheese Muffins are the perfect solution for when you’re craving something savory but don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen.
What’s better than the combination of bacon and cheese? Not much, however, these muffins are loaded with crispy bacon and sharp cheddar cheese, making them the ultimate indulgence.
And the best part? You only need four ingredients to make them!
Now, I know what you’re thinking. Can something with so few ingredients really be that delicious?
The answer is yes, my friend.
These muffins are the perfect example of how sometimes less is more. With just eggs, bacon, cheddar cheese, and milk, you’ll have a breakfast that’s easy to make, delicious to eat, and impressive to serve.
All you will need is to beat the eggs, then pour them into the muffin molds and add your favorite type of cheese and bacon over them. That’s it! Bake until perfection, and these delicious bacon and cheese muffins are ready to be served.
And there you have it, my friends! 4 Ingredient Bacon and Cheese Muffins that are simple, delicious, and perfect for any occasion. Serve them for breakfast, brunch, or even as a snack. They’re so good you’ll want to make them again and again.
Pro Tip: I will make this recipe in the oven as everybody has one in their kitchen. But if you have an air fryer, I recommend you do it in it because the muffins will be much fluffier. If you will make them in the air fryer, cook them at 320°F for about 12-15 minutes.
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- With only four ingredients, this recipe is incredibly easy to make and doesn’t take much time. It’s perfect for busy mornings or when you want to whip up a quick snack.
- These muffins are loaded with crispy bacon and sharp cheddar cheese, making them both savory and satisfying. They’re perfect for anyone who loves breakfast foods with a little bit of a kick.
- You can serve these muffins for breakfast, brunch, or as a snack. They’re great for parties, potlucks, or any occasion where you want to serve something tasty and easy to make.
- You can add your own personal touch to these muffins by adding your favorite seasonings or toppings. You can also experiment with different types of cheese or meat to create your own unique flavor combinations.
- These muffins can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer. They’re a great option for meal prep or for busy mornings when you don’t have time to cook.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Milk. If you don’t have milk at hand, you can replace it with cream, but in this case, the texture will not be so fluffy.
- Cheese. I used cheddar cheese, but you can use any other type of cheese you prefer.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
Take a large bowl and break eggs into it.
Incorporate the whites with the yolks by using a whisk or a fork.
After this, add the milk over the beaten eggs.
Mix well until you get a homogeneous composition.
After that, pour the mixture into a muffin pan.
Pro Tip: Be careful to pour only ½ of the volume of the muffin because we will also add cheese and bacon. Plus, during baking, it will increase in volume.
Now, put the pieces of cheese in the molds.
And after that, add the bacon pieces. In the end, to ensure that nothing will leak out of the molds, ensure that they are filled no more than ⅔ of their size.
Bake them for 15 minutes at 350°F (175°C).
In the end, you can serve them with some aromatic herbs for extra freshness and color.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
Breakfast or Brunch: Serve these muffins for breakfast or brunch alongside some fresh fruit, coffee, or juice. They’re perfect for a quick and easy, satisfying, and delicious meal.
Party or Potluck: These muffins are great for parties or potlucks. You can serve them as a tasty appetizer or alongside other brunch foods like quiches, breakfast casseroles, or fruit salad.
Snack: These muffins make a great snack any time of the day. You can grab one on the go, pack them in a lunchbox, or enjoy them as an afternoon treat with a cup of tea or coffee.
Sandwich: These muffins can be used as a tasty and convenient bread substitute in a breakfast sandwich. Simply slice the muffin in half and add your favorite breakfast sandwich toppings like egg, avocado, or tomato.
Soup or Salad: These muffins also make a great side dish to soup or salad. You can serve them alongside a hearty soup like tomato soup or a refreshing salad like a caprese salad.
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- Chop the bacon into small pieces: Chopping the bacon into small pieces will ensure that it’s evenly distributed throughout the muffins.
- Use a sharp cheddar cheese: A sharp cheddar cheese will give the muffins a bold flavor that pairs perfectly with the bacon.
- Don’t overfill the muffin cups: It’s important not to fill them to the top, as the muffins will rise while baking. Fill each cup about ⅔ of the way full.
- Sprinkle extra cheese and bacon on top: Sprinkling extra cheese and bacon on top of the muffins before baking will create a beautiful golden crust and add an extra crunch to every bite.
- Let the muffins cool before removing them from the tin: Letting them cool for a few minutes before removing them from the muffin tin will help prevent them from breaking apart.
- Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer: These muffins can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just be sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer bag.
🤔 Answering Your Questions:
Can I Use a Different Type of Cheese?
Yes, you can experiment with different types of cheese to create your own unique flavor combinations. However, a sharp cheddar cheese pairs perfectly with the bacon in this recipe.
Can I Use Turkey Bacon Instead of Regular Bacon?
Yes, you can use turkey bacon if you prefer a leaner option. However, regular bacon will make the muffins more savory and smoky.
Can I Make These Muffins Ahead of Time?
Yes, these muffins can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer. Simply reheat them in the oven or microwave when you’re ready to enjoy them.
Can I Make These Muffins in a Mini Muffin Pan?
You can make these muffins in a mini muffin pan if you prefer bite-sized treats. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly and cut the bacon and cheese into smaller pieces.
Can I Add Vegetables to This Recipe?
You can add vegetables like diced bell peppers, onions, or mushrooms to this recipe to add flavor and nutrition.
📋 Recipe Card:
4 Ingredient Bacon and Cheese Muffins
- 4 Egg
- ½ cup Milk
- 3 oz Bacon
- 3 oz Cheddar Cheese
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Pour milk over the beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin pan to ½ of its volume.
- Add the cheddar cheese and bacon over the beaten eggs.
- Bake them for 15 minutes at 350°F (175°C).
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- Don’t overload the muffin forms for more than ½ of their volume, as you will add later the bacon and cheddar cheese. In the end, the muffin pan should be fillet at about ⅔ of its volume.
- If you want to make the muffins even fluffier, bake them in the air fryer.