This beef cooked in a creamy mushroom sauce will have you savoring every bite. With a few simple ingredients like garlic, mustard, soy sauce, and butter, you’ll be able to create a dish that’s bursting with flavor and texture. Whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or just want to treat yourself to a delicious meal, this recipe is sure to impress.
Alright, food lovers! If you’re in the mood for a dish that’s comforting, indulgent, and easy to make, then you’re in for a treat! My recipe for Beef with Creamy Mushroom Sauce is going to knock your socks off.
It’s all about combining the juicy goodness of beef with the earthy flavor of mushrooms and creating a rich, creamy sauce that’ll make your taste buds dance.
And the best part? You can whip it up in less than an hour!
We’ll be using some of my favorite ingredients – garlic, mustard, soy sauce, and butter – to create a symphony of flavors that’ll have you savoring every bite.
But don’t worry, it’s not rocket science.
I’ll guide you through every step, making sure you’re confident and comfortable along the way.
Tender slices of beef are simmered in a rich and savory sauce made with earthy mushrooms, creamy heavy cream, pungent garlic, tangy mustard, salty soy sauce, and butter.
One of the great things about this recipe is how versatile it is.
You can easily switch up the type of mushroom you use or even add some additional vegetables to the mix. Bell peppers, onions, and carrots would all be great additions to this dish.
Plus, you can serve it with your favorite starch – mashed potatoes, rice, or even pasta – to create a complete meal.
Your family and friends won’t be able to resist asking “what smells so good?” as they eagerly await their plates.
So go ahead and give this Beef with Creamy Mushroom Sauce recipe a try. It’s the perfect way to add a touch of elegance and indulgence to your dinner table without having to spend hours in the kitchen.
Trust me, this dish is perfect for impressing your loved ones or even treating yourself to a cozy night in. So roll up your sleeves, grab a glass of red, and let’s get cooking!
Your taste buds will thank you!
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- With just a few simple ingredients and some basic cooking skills, anyone can make this delicious recipe. You don’t need to be an experienced cook to create a flavorful and satisfying meal.
- This recipe can be served over mashed potatoes, rice, pasta, or even on its own. You can customize it to your liking and adapt it to your favorite side dishes.
- Beef with creamy mushroom sauce is a classic comfort food dish that is perfect for a cozy night in. It’s warm, hearty, and satisfying, making it the perfect meal for a chilly evening.
- While this recipe is easy to make, it looks and tastes like a gourmet dish that you might order at a fancy restaurant. It’s a great dish to serve to guests or for a special occasion.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Beef Fillet. You can use any part of beef. Just ensure it cooks quickly.
- Seasonings. I used a simple mix of salt and black pepper but you can use and any other spices you prefer.
- Butter. I used the butter to fry the beef in it. If you want, you can fry the meat in oil, but choose a higher quality one.
- Mushrooms. I used brown champignons, but you can also use classic white champignons. Or you can use other types of mushrooms that you prefer.
- Garlic. I used fresh garlic to give extra flavor, but if you don’t have garlic on hand, you could replace it with dried granulated garlic, or omit it altogether.
- Heavy Cream. I advise you to use heavy cream because if you use a weaker cream, you risk that the sauce will separate.
- Mustard. I used whole granulated mustard, but you could also replace it with another type of mustard.
- Soy Sauce. Choose one that is not too salty. Or you could replace it with teriyaki sauce.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
Cut the meat into approximately equal pieces and ensure that the surface of the meat is dry.
Quick Note: Use a paper napkin to remove excess liquids from the beef meat.
After that, put the meat on a plate and season it with salt and pepper on all sides.
Now, take a larger pan, melt the butter in it, and add the beef in the melted butter.
Fry the meat on high heat to seal the meat on all the parts with a crust to ensure that the internal juice of the meat will remain inside, and we will get juicier meat at the end.
Quick Note: This step should last around 8-10 minutes.
Pro Tip: If you want to avoid oil splashes, I recommend you use a splatter screen.
After that, take the meat out of the frying pan and put it aside on a plate.
In the frying pan in which you fried the meat, add the sliced mushrooms and garlic. Mix well and cook for 5-7 minutes on medium to high heat until the mushrooms are cooked.
Pro Tip: At this stage, you could also add thyme for an extra taste.
After the mushrooms are cooked, return the meat to the frying pan.
Now, pour heavy cream over all the ingredients. Mix well, cover with a lid, and let it cook on low heat for about 30 minutes.
Pro Tip: To cook the meat more evenly, after every 10 minutes, flip the beef meat from one side to the other.
Now, add the mustard.
Immediately after the mustard, add the soy sauce.
Mix well and cook on low heat until the sauce starts to boil.
The beef with mushrooms is ready to be served.
I served it with some slices of truffles to accentuate the taste of mushrooms.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
- Serve over mashed potatoes: The rich and creamy mushroom sauce pairs perfectly with smooth and buttery mashed potatoes.
- Serve over rice: The sauce also goes well with fluffy and fragrant steamed rice, which makes for a simple and comforting meal.
- Serve over pasta: For a heartier meal, serve the beef and mushroom sauce over pasta, such as egg noodles or fettuccine.
- Serve with roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables such as crispy asparagus, carrot fries, or broccoli make a great side dish for this beef recipe, adding color and nutrition to the plate.
- Serve with a side salad: A simple side salad of greens, tomatoes, and cucumbers can add a refreshing and healthy touch to balance out the richness of the dish.
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- Choose the right cut of beef: For this recipe, it’s important to choose a tender cut of beef that will cook quickly, such as sirloin or tenderloin. This will ensure that your beef is juicy and flavorful and won’t become tough when cooked.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan: When cooking the beef, make sure not to overcrowd the pan. If you add too much beef at once, it will steam rather than brown, resulting in a less flavorful dish. Cook the beef in batches if necessary.
- When making the sauce, use low heat to avoid curdling the cream. If the heat is too high, the cream may separate, and the sauce will not be as smooth and creamy.
- Before serving, be sure to taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if necessary. You may need to add a little more salt or soy sauce, depending on your taste preferences.
- This dish is best served immediately while still hot. If you need to reheat it, do so gently over low heat to avoid overcooking the beef or curdling the sauce.
🤔 Answering Your Questions:
Can I Use a Different Type of Mushroom?
Yes, you can use different types of mushrooms for this recipe. However, keep in mind that different mushrooms may have different flavors and textures, which can affect the overall taste of the dish.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can make the beef and mushroom sauce ahead of time and reheat it before serving. However, keep in mind that the sauce may thicken, and the beef may become overcooked if reheated too many times.
Can I Freeze the Leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating. Also, the sauce may separate, so after thawing, consider mixing the sauce again.
Can I Add Other Vegetables to the Dish?
Yes, you can add other vegetables, such as bell peppers, onions, or carrots, to the dish for extra flavor and nutrition. Just make sure to cook them separately before adding them to the sauce to ensure they are cooked properly.
📋 Recipe Card:
Beef With Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Cut the meat into suitable pieces and season with salt and pepper on all sides.1 lb Beef Fillet, Salt, Black Pepper
- In a large pan, melt the butter and fry the beef on medium to high heat until all parts are well browned. Set the meat aside on a plate.1 tablespoon Butter
- In the same pan, fry the mushrooms and sliced garlic.9 oz Mushrooms, 2 cloves Garlic
- After that, put the meat back in the frying pan over the mushrooms.
- Add the heavy cream to the pan, mix well, and cover it with a lid. Cook for about 30 minutes on low heat.1 cup Heavy Cream
- Add the mustard and soy sauce. Mix well and let the sauce boil again. Stop the heat.1 tablespoon Soy Sauce, 1 tablespoon Mustard
- The beef in the mushroom sauce is ready to be served.
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- Pick a beef meat that cooks quickly.
- To get juicy meat, you should fry it at the beginning on high heat to get a crust that will keep all the inner juices inside of the meat.