- 4 Onions
- 1/2 teaspoon of coarse salt or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar sauce.
- 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Slice the onions into pieces of 1/8″ thick.
- In the non-stick pan, put the olive oil.
- Drop the onions into the pan and add the salt and pepper.
- Cover with a lid and let it simmer on low heat. It should leave juice.
- When all the juices evaporate, the frying process will begin — brown the onions a little.
- Add the balsamic vinegar sauce.
- Add the sugar, and caramelize it for a few minutes to get an easy taste of fried onion, but do not exaggerate. We need the caramelized onions. But not burned onions.
- Put the caramelized onions in a bowl, cover them, and let the onions to cool down.
- Now you can enjoy this delicious topping that gives a french and refined taste to your favorite dishes.
Keywords: caramelized onions