This lazy oven-baked casserole corn hash is an ideal dish if you’re looking for a hearty and delicious meal that’s easy to make and perfect for feeding a crowd. It is made with flavorful corn, sweet kapia peppers, onions, and potatoes. This dish is so easy to make that it will become one of your family’s favorites.
This hearty and flavorful dish combines the sweetness of frozen corn with the earthiness of potatoes, the mild spice of kapia peppers, and the savory notes of onions.
By baking it in the oven, we will make a lazy variation of this recipe as it will require almost no attention from our side.
Preparation for this oven-baked casserole sweet corn hash is quite simple, making it a perfect meal for those who are short on time but still want to indulge in a homemade delicious meal.
All you need to do is to combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl and mix them well until they are evenly distributed. Then, transfer the mixture into a casserole dish, cover it with foil, and let it bake in the oven.
The end result is a flavorful and filling dish that is perfect for any occasion.
One of the great things about this recipe is its versatility. You can add or remove ingredients based on your preference or what you have on hand.
Best Recipes to Try in The Air Fryer:
For instance, you can add some ground beef or sausage to make it a more protein-packed dish. You can also add some cheese on top during the last few minutes of baking for a cheesy twist.
It is an easy and perfect casserole comfort food that is a nice option for a cozy dinner at home.
When it comes to serving this dish, you have several options. You can serve it as a main dish alongside a salad or some bread.
You can also serve it as a side dish to complement your favorite protein, such as grilled chicken or steak.
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days and reheated in the oven or microwave.
Whether you’re cooking for a family dinner or hosting a potluck with friends, this sweet corn hash casserole is a great choice that’s sure to satisfy everyone’s taste buds.
Do You Love Your Air Fryer?
Level up your experience even more with these air fryer accessories!
So, go ahead and give this recipe a try and enjoy a satisfying and delicious meal that is easy to make and even easier to enjoy
🥰 Why Will You Love This Recipe?
- This simple and straightforward recipe makes it perfect for beginner cooks or those who are limited on time and want to create a delicious and satisfying meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
- With affordable ingredients like frozen corn and potatoes, this recipe is a great choice for anyone on a budget who wants to make a tasty meal that won’t break the bank.
- This corn hash casserole is a great dish to serve as a vegetarian main course or as a side dish alongside grilled meats or roasted chicken. You can even add your favorite toppings like shredded cheese, diced avocado, or sour cream to make it even more delicious. Also, you may consider adding leftover meat leftovers in it.
- With its warm and savory flavors, this casserole is the perfect comfort food to enjoy on a cozy evening at home. It’s sure to satisfy your cravings and leave you feeling satisfied.
- Whether you’re cooking for your family or hosting a potluck with friends, this corn hash casserole is a great choice that’s sure to please everyone’s taste buds. It’s easy to make in large batches, making it perfect for feeding a crowd.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Corn. I used frozen corn because I had it in my freezer. But if you’re in the season, you can use fresh corn instead, or you can try also using canned corn.
- Onions. If you don’t have onions at hand, you can substitute them with leeks to obtain a similar taste and texture.
- Potatoes. Use whatever type of potatoes you have. However, I will recommend picking a kind of potato that cooks quickly to shorten the cooking process.
- Kapia Pepper. You can substitute it with bell peppers. Also, a good idea will be to use different colors of bell peppers to get more colors on the plate. Also, if you prefer spicy food, you can also add chili pepper.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
Take a large oven-safe casserole in which you plan to bake the corn hash. After that, cut potatoes, kapia pepper, and onions and put them into the casserole near frozen corn.
Quick Note: Try to cut all the vegetables into small cubes, ideally as close as possible to the size of corn, so the corn hash, in the end, will look better, and in addition, when you cut the ingredients into small pieces, they will cook faster.
After that, season with salt and pepper. Add a little bit of oil.
If you want a more seasoned corn hash, don’t hesitate to use the spices you love in combination with the vegetables.
As an idea, I recommend trying to use one of those: oregano, rosemary, thyme, or ready mixes of aromatic herbs such as Italian seasoning.
Now, mix all the ingredients well and arrange them in an even layer on the casserole to ensure that all the ingredients will cook evenly.
After that, cover the casserole with aluminum foil and bake for about 45 min at 350°F (175°C).
Quick Note: The cooking time varies depending on the type of potatoes you use and how big you cut all the vegetables, especially potatoes. Because of that, be with an eye on the corn hash and adjust the cooking time if needed.
If you want a more browned crust, then after 30 minutes of cooking time, remove the aluminum foil and let it cook without the potatoes until the potatoes are ready (around extra 15 minutes).
Our corn hash is ready to be served. Today, I served it for breakfast near a fried egg.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
This casserole corn hash can be a satisfying meal on its own. Pair it with a fresh salad or some crusty bread for a complete, well-rounded meal.
You can also serve this corn hash casserole as a side dish to complement your favorite protein, such as grilled chicken, steak, or fish.
Another popular option for this dish is to transform it into a delicious brunch dish. This casserole can also be a delicious addition to a brunch menu. Serve it alongside some eggs, bacon, and fresh fruit for a satisfying and hearty meal.
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- Consider cutting the veggies into the same size to ensure that everything will be cooked evenly. Also, you will get a nicer texture.
- Cover the corn hash with aluminum foil to ensure that everything will be cooked evenly and slowly. It will also will help to retain moisture and prevent the ingredients from drying out. In the last 10-15 minutes, remove the aluminum foil and leave the corn hash to obtain a nice golden top.
- Potatoes have the longest cooking time among all those vegetables. Consider trying them to ensure that the potatoes are cooked enough and don’t need extra cooking time.
📋 Recipe Card:
Lazy Casserole Corn Hash
- 2 cups Corn Frozen
- 2 cups Potatoes Diced
- ¾ cup Onion Diced
- ½ cup Kapia Pepper
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Dice the potatoes, onions, kapia pepper into similar sized pieces.2 cups Potatoes, ¾ cup Onion, ½ cup Kapia Pepper
- After that, arrange them in a casserole near corn.2 cups Corn
- Season with salt, pepper and a little bit of oil. Mix everything well.½ teaspoon Salt, ½ teaspoon Black Pepper, 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Enjoy our easy and delicious corn hash baked in the oven.
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- Cut into similar-sized pieces all the vegetables to ensure that all of them will cook evenly and you will get a better texture.
- If you prefer a more browned top, remove the aluminum foil in the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- In the end, try the potatoes if they are cooked enough as the potatoes have the longest cooking time from all of the vegetables that we used in this recipe.
Leave a Reply