- 1 Cup Cornmeal
- 4 Cups of Milk or Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter or Olive Oil
- Parmesan to Taste
- Salt to taste
We will use the proportion of 1/4. That means if you will go with 1 cup of cornmeal, then, you will need 4 cups of water or milk.
1. Pour the water into the pan and bring to a boil over high heat. Immediately, still in cold water, pour cornmeal and mix well.
2. Add salt. Keep mixing until the water starts to boil. When the water starts to boil, set the fire to a minimum.
3. Add the butter or olive oil.
4. Mix well.
5. Cover with a lid and simmer on low heat for about 30-40 minutes.
6. In the end, add parmesan or other types of cheese that you prefer.
7. Mix well and serve while the polenta is still hot.
8. Enjoy your meal.
- Category: Side Dish
Keywords: polenta, recipe, side dish, italian