We decided to cook today a delicious burger. Yes, we know that we are trying to eat as healthy as possible, but let be honest. We all have moments when we want to afford something a little fatter. Let’s find the golden middle and to make a delicious burger.
- 1.1 pounds (500g) of ground beef.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 12 slices of bacon
- Caramelized onions
- Marinate the meat by adding mustard, salt, pepper and olive oil to it.
- Leave the meat at room temperature to marinate for at least one hour. It is important for the meat to reach the temperature of the room. If we will put it cold on the pan will lose too much juice and become dry. This step requires some patience. When the meat will have the right temperature, we can go to the next step.
- Take the slices of the bacon and put them on a cold pan. Let them cook over low heat. By doing that, we will remove from the bacon all the fat that we don’t need.
- Prepare a plate and cover it with the paper towels. When the bacon will be done, take it from the pan and put it on the plate to absorb a part of the oil and fat.
- Let’s return to the meat. Take the meat and divide it into 4 parts. From 1.1 pounds (500g) or ground meat, we will obtain 4 medium burgers. It’s important to make the burgers a little bigger than our burger buns, because when we will cook them, they will shrink considerably.
- Return back to the pan where you fried the bacon. If we have too much fat in the pan, remove the excess from it. Now put our burgers in this pan and fry them.
- After we browned the burgers on both sides for 3 minutes, we put them on a plate and let them rest for a while.
- In the meantime, cut the burger buns in the middle, grease the top with ketchup, and move to the assembly.
- On the bottom part, put the meat, then over it put the caramelized onions. Then 3 slices of bacon and cover everything with the top part of the burger bans which is already greased with ketchup.
- Big appetite!
Keywords: homemade burger