Homemade air fryer French bread pizza made from scratch. Super simple and easy to make and for the topping you can use your favorite ingredient. Today we’ll make an alternative to the traditional pizza. All you will need are a few slices of bread, tomato sauce, mozzarella, salami, and a few aromatic herbs.
This recipe is a great idea when you want to use almost all of your leftovers from the fridge. The advantage in comparison with the traditional pizza recipe is that you don’t need to prepare the dough. You can use just a regular slice of bread.
You can start small with only a few simple ingredients and to end with almost every pizza topping that you prefer to eat.
Personally, I like these mini French bread pizza because every family member can make their own version of topping as they like. Every pizza slice will be unique.
So, how to cook the French Bread Pizza in the Air Fryer? Cut the French Baguette into lengthwise slices then grease the French bread slices with tomato sauce, add over your favorite pizza topping and cover generously with freshly shredded mozzarella cheese. Cook them in the air fryer for for 6 minutes at 320°F.
Read further if you want to get the best tips and to get answers to all your questions of how to make the best French Pizza Bread in the Air fryer.
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- It is a perfect recipe when you have some bread or meat leftovers or you just don’t have pizza dough under your hands.
- It is very easy to prepare and you can adjust its taste according to your preferences.
- Perfect when you are short in time and want to prepare something quick and delicious.
- Don’t need to prepare additional pizza dough for it.
- It is a kid friendly recipe. You can involve them in this recipe and to make their own slice of French bread pizza with their loved ingredients.
🏆 Tips for Success? How to Make It Better?
- Use fresh shredded cheese. It melts better and it has more taste.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. If you need to cook a larger amount of French pizza bread slices in the air fryer, consider cooking them in a few batches.
- Feel free to customize the topping and to make it to your own taste with your preferred ingredients.
- You can cut the bread into smaller slices and to serve them as a fast finger appetizer.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Bread Slices. I used the classic French baguette but this recipe works great with any bread type that you have on hand. Consider making this recipe on a delicious slice of parmesan and rosemary bread.
- Salami. I used spicy salami (Pepperoni) but you can use any type of salami that you prefer or to omit all together.
- Cheese. I used Mozzarella cheese. If you don’t have it under your hands, you can replace it with another cheese that stretches similar to Mozzarella. An alternative could be the Italian Provola cheese.
- Tomato sauce. You can use a homemade marinara sauce or store-bought tomato sauce or even you can use ketchup.
- Fresh Tomatoes. I used fresh tomatoes for an extra freshness and for additional color. You can easily skip them.
- Dried Oregano. You can replace it with basil, or thyme.
For fish lovers, you can try the combination of canned tuna, red onions, and dried oregano.
Actually, get inspired by your favorite topping for the pizza and recreate it on a slice of French bread.
How to Make the Vegetarian Variant?
If you prefer the vegetarian variant then for the topping, roast some vegetables in the air fryer like are mushrooms, tomatoes, and bell peppers.
Also, if you will replace the mozzarella cheese with a vegan alternative, you can easily obtain a vegan french bread pizza.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
You can serve them as a snack, appetizer, or with a salad for a complete meal.
- Cut the French baguette lengthwise so that it can fit in the air fryer basket. After that cut the bread in half lengthwise so you will form two slices.
- Grease the slices of bread with the tomato sauce that you decided to use.
- Put over the salami and other ingredients you have decided to use for the topping.
- Cover everything with mozzarella cheese or another cheese that you have decided to use.
Optionally, you can put some slices of fresh tomatoes on top and sprinkle over dried oregano.
After that, bake them in the air fryer at 320°F (160°C) for 6 minutes.
Our French Bread Pizza is ready to be served.
♻️ Make Ahead, Storage and Heating:
Can I Prepare the French Bread Pizza Ahead?
You can also prepare ahead of your ingredients for the topping and when you plan to cook this type of food, just assemble the pizza and it will be ready for serving.
How Long Does the French Bread Pizza Last in the Fridge?
You can keep it in an air-tight container, but I don’t recommend doing it. Because the pizza bread is delicious to enjoy while it is hot and the melted cheese stretches. As we are making it in the air fryer, just cook the number of slices that you plan to eat.
Can I Freeze the French Bread Pizza?
You could assemble the pizza until the final stage when you cover everything with cheese and freeze it in an airtight container for 1-3 months. So when you want to serve it, you will need to keep it in the air fryer for an additional 5-6 minutes. So, 10-12 minutes in total.
How to Re-Heat the French Bread Pizza?
If you have a slice left that has cooled down, you can heat it in the preheated air fryer for 2-3 minutes.
What toppings to use for the French bread pizza?
Almost any of your traditional pizza toppings that you like to eat. Any type of meat, vegetables and of course a lot of cheese.
📋 Recipe Card:
Easy French Bread Pizza in Air Fryer
- 2 Slices Bread
- 1.5 oz Salami
- 5 oz Mozzarella
- 2.5 fl. oz Tomato Sauce
- 2 Pieces Tomatoes Small
- Take 2 slices of bread and grease over with tomato sauce.2 Slices Bread, 2.5 fl. oz Tomato Sauce
- Put the topping you prefer on them. I used pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.1.5 oz Salami, 5 oz Mozzarella
- Optionally you can put some slices of fresh tomatoes on top and sprinkle dried oregano on top.2 Pieces Tomatoes
- Bake for 6 minutes at 320°F (160°C).
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
Leave a Reply