Quick and easy way to cook frozen asparagus in the air fryer in just 15 minutes. It is healthy, easy to make and it is keto-friendly. You can cook it directly from frozen and experiment with spices. Serve as is, with a squeeze of lemon or grated parmesan.
We all know that asparagus is full of vitamins and we need to eat it more often than we do.
Sure, if the outside is spring it’s not a problem to take a punch of fresh asparagus, but what to do the rest of the year?
And today, I have a solution for you. If we are not in the season, you can go to the store, to buy a few packages with frozen asparagus and to keep them in the fridge.
When you will need to serve something delicious and healthy on the table, just take one of those bags with frozen asparagus and follow this easy recipe.
We will use a little bit of butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. That’s it. Asparagus has such a thin taste that I don’t want to cover it with anything.
This recipe is perfect for those who follow a keto diet, you can serve it with a sauce based on sour cream or mayonnaise.
Best Recipes to Try in The Air Fryer:
🔖 What You Will Find in This Post?
- Why you don’t need to defrost the asparagus.
- How to avoid the bitter taste of the cooked garlic.
- How to store any leftovers of asparagus after you will cook it.
👩🍳How to Cook the Frozen Asparagus in Air Fryer?
- Cook the asparagus dirrectly from the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Prepare the seasoning sauce.
- Pour the seasoning sauce over the asparagus and mix everything well.
- Cook the asparagus for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve as is or near your favorite meat or fish.
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- A perfect recipe for those who have asparagus reserves in the freezer.
- It cooks very easily and quickly.
- It is a light and healthy garnish that you can combine with a lot of dishes.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Frozen Asparagus. You can replace it with fresh asparagus. In that case, you should reduce the cooking time.
- Melted Butter. Butter goes well with asparagus, but if you want a vegan recipe, replace the butter with your favorite oil.
- Garlic. I used fresh garlic because it is more flavorful, but of course, you can replace it with garlic powder or if you don’t like garlic you can omit it altogether. Be careful not to burn the garlic because all the food will have a bitter taste.
- Seasoning. I used only a simple mix of salt and pepper because the asparagus has a fine taste and I didn’t want to cover it with strong spices.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
Put the asparagus immediately removed from the freezer in the air fryer basket and cook it for about 10-12 minutes at 400°F / 200°C.
Quick Note: Cooking time may differ on the amount of the asparagus you cook, how big they are, and your air fryer model. In my case, I cooked the asparagus for 12 minutes in the Cosori Air Fryer 5.8QT. Also, keep in mind that we don’t cook till the end. After we will season the asparagus, we will cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the seasonings for the asparagus. Pour the melted butter into a bowl, grind the garlic over it and season everything with salt and pepper.
After the timer ended on the air fryer, move the asparagus into a large bowl and pour over it the sauce with seasonings that we just did.
Mix well all the asparagus to make sure that all the pieces of asparagus are covered evenly with seasonings.
Return the asparagus back to the air fryer and cook for another 3-4 minutes at 400°F / 200°C.
Do You Love Your Air Fryer?
Level up your experience even more with these air fryer accessories!
The asparagus is ready to be served. It is good to serve both hot and cold.
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- Don’t let the asparagus thaw, it will become soft and unappetizing. Cook it from frozen.
- In case if you will use garlic, season the asparagus at the end of the cooking time, otherwise, the garlic could burn and you will get a bitter taste.
- You could sprinkle the seasoned asparagus with a little Parmesan cheese you will get an even more delicious taste.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
This is a healthy and tasty garnish that you can serve with any kind of meat or fish. Another great idea is to serve it with a poached egg and you would get a perfect breakfast.
Here are some recipes that would be perfect with this asparagus:
Crispy Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets
Air Fryer Chicken Strips Coated in Bread Crumbs
Stuffed Pork Chops in Air Fryer
Fried Eggs With Bacon and Tomatoes in Air Fryer
📋 Recipe Card:
Delicious Frozen Asparagus in Air Fryer
- 15 oz Frozen Asparagus
- 2 tablespoon Melted Butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Bake the asparagus directly from the freezer for 10-12 minutes at 400°F / 200°C.15 oz Frozen Asparagus
- Prepare the garlic butter sauce and season with salt and pepper.2 tablespoon Melted Butter, 2 Cloves Garlic, ⅛ teaspoon Salt, ⅛ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Season the asparagus with the sauce we just made.
- Put back the asparagus to cook for another 4 minutes.
- Enjoy it as is, or serve as a side dish near your favorite piece of meat or fish.
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- Season the asparagus in the end, otherwise, you risk burning the garlic and you may get a bitter taste.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. If you need to cook a larger amount of asparagus, consider cooking it in a few batches for the best results.
The best way I’ve cooked asparagus yet!! Thank you!
Made this last night, and boy, it was GOOD! The best way I’ve cooked asparagus yet!
Excellent recipe because it tastes great and is super easy & quick to prepare! I start to love my air fryer more and more 🙂
This recipe is one of our family favorites! We made it multiple times and every time it come out great!
I did this asparagus in combination with your leg chicken quarters and they both come purely amazing! Thank you for your great recipes!
Very nice recipe! Quick to prepare and tasty. Used shredded fresh parmesan.
Quick, easy and delicious. Cooked with mushrooms, very good. I will definitely make this again.
Even if the recipe may look simple and with minimum ingredients, I got surprised by how tasteful it is! Great flavor!
I’m not a big fan of asparagus but this recipe changed my mind. The flavors worked so well together and it was such a delicious dish.
I made this recipe for the first time last night and it was so good! I loved the combination of flavors and it was easy to make.
So easy to make and so delicious! I’ll definitely be adding this to my regular dinner rotation.
I’ve made this recipe several times now and it never disappoints. The flavors are always spot on and it’s a crowd-pleaser. Highly recommend!
I made this recipe for the first time and it was so easy and delicious. I love that it only took a few ingredients and it was ready in no time.
I was looking for a quick and easy recipe and this one fit perfectly!
I made this recipe for the first time tonight and it was a huge success!
I was a little hesitant to try this recipe but I’m glad I did. It was easy to make and the taste was fantastic.