- 1 3/4 cups (200g) of whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) of all-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 oz (7g) of dry yeast
- 1 1/3 Cups (320 ml) of Warm Water
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- (Optional) Sesame seeds for decoration
- Get ready all the ingredients all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, dry yeast, sugar, salt, warm water (100.4°F / 38°C) and the Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- After that, take a bowl and put all the dry ingredients and add the warm water. Mix all the ingredients for 15 minutes.
- After that add 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Mix them again until the olive oil will be absorbed in totality by the dough.
- Take the dough from the bowl and form one big ball.
- After that, divide the dough into 6 parts if you want regular burger buns, or if you want to make smaller buns, divide the dough into 8 pieces. Keep in mind that all the buns should be of the same size. Otherwise, you risk not baking them uniform. You can use a scale that will help you to make all the parts equal.
- Take a baking pan, cover it with a sheet of baking paper, and arrange the dough balls on the pan.
- Cover the future burger buns with a damp towel to avoid drying them.
- Let the dough grow in a warm place and without a stream of air until the dough will double in volume. (Approximately 45 minutes.)
- Mix one egg with a little bit of salt and after that grease the burger buns.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake them in the preheated oven at 374°F (190°C).
- When the burger buns are baked, remove them from the oven. Move them on a cold surface. Cover them with a towel.
- After they cool down, you can start to assemble the burgers.
Perosnally, I prefer to eat these burger buns instead of bread. They are delicious and much healthier than the bread that we can find in commerce.
Keywords: burger buns