These chicken breasts seasoned with Italian spices are a delicious way to spice up your weeknight dinner. It is a perfect recipe for anyone looking for a quick and flavorful meal. With just a few minutes of prep and a short cook time, the Italian seasoned chicken breast will become one of your favorite recipes for cooking chicken breast.
If you love Italian recipes, then I highly recommend making your own Italian spices mix.
You will need just a handful of simple ingredients, like lemon zest, garlic, thyme, rosemary basil, and parmesan cheese.
This mix comes together to create a zesty and aromatic seasoning blend that pairs perfectly with juicy chicken breasts.
The seasoning blend can also be customized to your liking – add more garlic for a stronger flavor, or use a different blend of herbs to switch things up.
You can use a store-bought Italian spices mix, but I recommend making your own if you have the possibility because you can adjust the taste and intensify some of the spices that you prefer more.
So if you’re in need of a quick and easy dinner idea that’s both healthy and delicious, give this Italian Seasoned Chicken Breast recipe a try.
Best Recipes to Try in The Air Fryer:
You will get impressed by how juicy and how many flavors this dish will have in the end.
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- This recipe comes together in just a few minutes of prep time and a short cook time, making it a great option for busy weeknights. If you want to shorten the prep time and the number of ingredients, you can use an Italian spice mix.
- The combination of lemon zest, garlic, basil, and parmesan cheese creates a zesty and aromatic seasoning blend that adds plenty of flavor to the chicken.
- The seasoning blend can be customized to your liking. Feel free to change their amount or to use a different blend of herbs to switch things up.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Chicken meat. I used chicken breast because it cooks the fastest. If you want, you could follow this recipe with other chicken pieces or even use a whole chicken. You will get the same great results.
- Tomatoes. I used cherry tomatoes because they are sweeter and have a more pronounced flavor. If you don’t have them at hand, you can replace them with regular tomatoes and just cut them into smaller pieces. For a bonus of color, you could opt for a mix of tomatoes of different colors.
- Italian seasonings. I opted for a mix made by myself and used a mixture of fresh thyme, dried rosemary, lemon zest, fresh basil, garlic cloves, salt, and black pepper. If you want to save time, you could use a store-bought mix of Italian seasonings.
- Cheese. I used freshly grated parmesan, but you can choose any other cheeses you have on hand that you like.
- Olive Oil. I opted for olive oil because it has a classic Italian flavor, but you can replace it with any other vegetable oil or substitute it with butter.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
Quick Note: If you decided to make the Italian spice mix from scratch as I did, then you will need a chopper, pestle and mortar, or a food processor.
Put all the ingredients in a chopper.
Mix until the whole composition becomes uniform.
Coat the meat well with the Italian seasonings we just made and pour it over the chicken breast.
Place the cherry tomatoes around the chicken breast to make it juicier.
Do You Love Your Air Fryer?
Level up your experience even more with these air fryer accessories!
Quick Note: If you have decided to use normal-sized tomatoes, cut them into quarters or halves.
Sprinkle the chicken breasts with freshly grated parmesan or another type of cheese you have decided to use.
Preheat the oven and bake the chicken breast with Italian seasonings at 350°F (180°C) for about 40-50 minutes.
Quick Note: As the cooking time may differ, for a more accurate result, keep an eye on the meat or, even better, use a meat thermometer to check the inner temperature of the chicken breasts. It is considered safe when it reaches 165°F (74°C).
Pro Tip: Let the meat rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
By doing that, the juice inside the meat spreads evenly over its entire surface, and in the end, you will get juicier meat.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
You can serve the seasoned Italian chicken near some roasted vegetables like roasted asparagus, carrots, or brussels sprouts.
Or, you can serve the chicken breasts near some crunchy bread slices because the meat will come juicy, and you will want a piece of bread to soak into it.
If you have any leftovers, you can cut the chicken breast into smaller pieces to make a delicious chicken salad with this juicy meat. Toss it with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and a simple vinaigrette for a light and healthy lunch.
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- Pay attention to the cooking level of the chicken breast, as it can dry out quickly if you overcook it. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F, but no higher.
- Once the chicken is cooked, let it rest for a few minutes before slicing or serving. This helps to lock in the juices and keeps the chicken moist.
♻️ Make Ahead, Storage, and Heating:
Can I Prepare It Ahead?
You can marinate the chicken breasts a day before. By doing that, you will get even more flavorful meat in the end.
Another idea would be to cook a larger quantity and keep it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. This is a healthy option when preparing a salad or a sandwich.
How Long Does It Last in the Fridge?
3-4 days if in an air-tight container. If you have a vacuum sealer, then you can keep it in the refrigerator for about seven days.
Can You Freeze it?
You can freeze the chicken breasts for up to 3 months but the meat may become a little drier after thawing.
If you want a better result, I recommend you make a larger amount of chicken, to marinate them, and freeze uncooked. Thus, you will get juicier meat even after defrosting.
How to Reheat the Italian Seasoned Chicken Breasts?
The easiest way is to reheat the chicken breasts in the preheated oven, or if you’re limited on time, just use the microwave oven for a few minutes.
📋 Recipe Card:
Italian Seasoned Chicken Breast
- Prepare the Italian spices mix. Put the lemon zest, rosermary, garlic, basil, thyme, pepper, salt and olive oil in a food chopper.1 teaspoon Lemon Zest, 1 teaspoon Rosemary, 3 cloves Garlic, 6 leaves Basil, 1 teaspoon Thyme, ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper, ⅓ teaspoon Salt, 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Massage the chicken breasts well on all sides with the spice mix we just made.1 Chicken Breast
- Move the chicken breast on the casserole.
- Arrange the tomatoes around the meat and sprinkle the shredded parmesan cheese over the chicken breast.14 Cherry Tomatoes, 2 tablespoons Parmesan
- Preheat the oven and cook the meat for 40-50 minutes at 350°F (180°C).
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- Check the inner temperature of the meat in the thickest part with a meat thermometer to find when it is done.
- Let the chicken breasts seasoned with a mix of Italian spices rest for about 10 minutes before serving. By doing that, the juices will distribute more evenly and the meat will be juicier.
Leave a Reply