You can make these healthy and low carb keto air fryer eggplant bites in less than 15 minutes. By making the eggplant bites into the air fryer, you will use almost no oil and the cooking time will also be shorter. Enjoy them as is or serve them near your favorite piece of meat or fish.
I’m convinced that you will love this simple but delicious recipe. Cooking these keto eggplant bites in the air fryer is very easy, oil-free, and super quick. You will need less than 15 minutes start-to-finish.
To bo honest, eggplant is such an underappreciated veggie that many of us are ignoring it or not eating it too often. Beside the today recipe, I want to share with you a few more recipes to consider when you will plan to cook the eggplants. They are so delicious that even those who don’t love the eggplants, enjoyed them.
If you are looking for a crispier variant to make the eggplants, consider cutting them into slices, roll them over into panko and you will obtain a plate full of the flavor of crispy eggplant fries that your family will enjoy!
Also, if you want a more complete dish, I highly recommend also the Eggplant slices with Parmesan and Mozzarella in a classic tomato sauce.
I’m convinced that you will love these recipes.
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- It’s an easy recipe that you can prepare quickly. It will take you less than 15 minutes.
- It is keto friendly and it’s absolutely delicious.
- You can combine it with a lot of dishes.
- You will need only a few simple ingredients. Nothing fancy.
- Try to cook this recipe even if you are not big fan of eggplants. It could make you change your mind about these vegetables.
🏆 Tips for Success? How to Make It Better?
- Consider adding more garlic if you like a strong garlic taste into the dishes.
- Also, consider to add shredded parmesan in the end over the eggplan bites.
- Experiment with spices. In addition to oregano, you can add rosemarry, or a mix of Mediterranean or Provance herbs.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes.
- Eggplant. Pick a fresh eggplant. Look for eggplants that have a deep purple color and a smooth skin. I picked one large eggplant, but if you are not sure about the quality of the eggplants, than it will be better and safer to pick a few smaller eggplants than just one big. Because the smaller eggplants, usually are less bitter.
- Seasonings. I used a mix of oregano and salt. But you can also use other aromatic herbs like is thyme, basil or parsley. Or use some mixes like is Italian herb mix.
- Oil. I used extra-virgin olive oil but you can also replace it with other vegetable oil or even to use melted butter instead.
- Optionally, for an extra flavor, you can add chopped parsley, basil, garlic, thyme or grated parmesan in the end.
Quick Note: The ingredients measurements you will find at the bottom of the page in the recipe card where you can also print them.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
You could serve these eggplant bites as a side dish to any type of meat and fish. Here are some ideas that you can’t go wrong with:
Air Fryer Chicken Leg Quarters
Easy and Juicy Air Fryer Pork Loin
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breast
Juicy Air Fryer Roast Pork Neck
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Schnitzel
👩🍳 Step-by-step Instructions:
Thoroughly wash eggplant and cut it into similar-sized cubes or other shapes that you prefer. You may consider cutting them also as eggplant fries or eggplant slices about ½ inch thick.
Put all the eggplant bites in a large enough bowl in which it will be comfortable for you to mix the eggplant pieces with spices. Add oregano, salt, or other aromatic herbs that you decided to use over the eggplant bites and mix well all the ingredients.
After that, arrange the eggplant bites a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook them at 400°F / 200°C for 8 minutes or until they will become soft and will get a nice golden color.
Quick Note: The timing is approximate only because it may differ by your air fryer model, the basket size, and how big you cut the eggplants. Because of that, after 5 minutes, take a look at the air fryer basket and adjust the timing if is needed. The timing of 8 minutes are for the Cosori Air Fryer 5.8QT.
In the end, I should get a similar result. Our delicious keto eggplant bites are ready to be enjoyed as is or near a piece of meat or fish.
Pro Tip: If you plan to cook a bigger amount of eggplants, consider cooking them in a few batches for the best results. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
As I said, in the end, you can add some finely chopped parsley, basil, or some garlic.
♻️ Make Ahead, Storage and Heating:
How Long Do they Last in the Fridge?
After they cooled down, you can put the eggplant bites in an air-tight container and keep them in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
Can You Freeze the Eggplant Bites?
I don’t recommend doing that. As this is a simple recipe, I highly recommend preparing just the quantity you need for a meal.
How to Heat the Keto Eggplant Bites?
You can eat re-heat them in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or in a preheated air fryer for 2-4 minutes.
📋 Recipe Card:
- Wash and clean well the eggplant. Cut it into similar-sized cubes or in any other shape you prefer.1 lb Eggplant
- Put the eggplant bites in a large bowl and pour over it oregano, salt and oil. Mix everything well.1 lb Eggplant, 1 teaspoon Oregano, ¼ teaspoon Salt, 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Arrange the eggplant in a single layer in an air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes at 400°F / 200°C.
- Optionally, at the end, you could sprinkle over the eggplant bites some chopped parsley, basil, garlic or grated parmsan.
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- Be careful with the eggplant you choose because there are varieties of eggplant that have a spicy taste at the end.
- If you plan to cook a larger quantity of keto eggplant bites, be careful not to overload the air fryer basket. For best results, consider cooking them in a few batches.
Wow! They were so easy to make and so delicious! And yeah, you were right! My husband isn’t a huge fan of eggplant, but when he tried your recipe, he asked to make them more often!
I make these several times a week. They are delicious hot OR cold. Dip in Greek tzatziki or marinara sauce as an appetizer. I have even made an eggplant parmesan casserole with them. Can you tell how much I love stir-fried eggplant?!?🙂🙂
Sorry. I meant “air-fried!”