Learn how to make a deliciously healthy and creamy leek and celery roots soup. It is very healthy and cheap to make.
- 2 tablespoons (±30 grams) of Butter
- 1 cup (±200 grams) of Leek
- 1 cup (±200 grams) of Celery (One Root)
- ½ Cups (±100 grams) of Carrots
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of White flour
- 2 ½ Cups (±600 ml.) Vegetable/Chicken Broth
- 1 Egg (Optionally)
- ½ Cup (±100 grams) of Sour Cream
- ¼ Cup (±20 grams) of Mozzarella (Optionally)
- ⅕ Cup (±20 grams) Pecorino Cheese (Optionally)
- Parsley to taste (Optionally)
1. Get a large enough pan, and melt the butter into it.
2. Add the leeks, celery, and carrots into the pan. Mix and cook the vegetables for 7-8 minutes.
3. Add the white flour to the pan. Mix well and continue to fry all the vegetables for another 2 minutes.
4. After the vegetables have smothered enough add the vegetable soup. Mix well.
5. Let the soup simmer until the vegetables are cooked through.
If you want a thicker soup, mix the sour cream with an egg.
6. For that, put into a bowl 1/2 Cup of sour cream and a raw egg: Mix well both ingredients until you get a homogeneous mass.
7. When the vegetables are cooked, use a hand blender to turn the soup into a cream.
8. Adjust the soup with salt and pepper to your taste.
9. Finally, add the sour cream or egg-cream mixture to the soup.
10. Mix all the ingredients well and the soup is ready to be served.
Optionally for cheese lovers: Pour the soup into a bowl suitable for the oven, add your favorite cheeses on top. In my case, I used mozzarella and pecorino.
After that, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and put the bowl in the oven until the cheese melts.
The soup is ready to be served on plates. Enjoy your meal!
- Category: Soups
Keywords: creamy, soups, leek, celery, healthy, vegetarian, vegan