Traditional Scottish mince and tatties. A family midweek meal that consists of tender minced beef with carrots, onions, and green peas served near creamy mashed potatoes.
- 1 lb (454 grams) of Potatoes.
- 1 medium Onion. Diced or minced.
- 1 lb (454 grams) of Minced Beef. Ideally to use meat that has 12-15% fat.
- 1/2 cup of Frozen Green Peas.
- 2 medium Carrots.
- 1 small stick of celery, diced.
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour.
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup of Vegetable Broth.
- 7 tablespoons (100 grams) of Butter.
- Milk to taste.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Garlic optionally.
1. Put the potatoes to boil.
2. Cook the onions for 2 minutes.
3. Add the meat and cook them for 10 minutes.
4. Add the flour (or starch) and vegetables you have decided to use. Fry them for about 5 minutes.
5. Add the sauce and broth into the pan. Cover with a lid and simmer them on low heat for about 30 minutes.
6. Grind the puree with butter and adjust to taste with salt and milk.
7. Serve the meat gravy next to the puree and optionally pour over the freshly chopped parsley.
In the recipe card, you will find only the short instructions. If you need more guidance, please read the entire recipe.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: On Pan
- Cuisine: Scottish
- Serving Size: 2 servings
- Calories: 411 cal
- Sugar: 4 gr.
- Sodium: 1081 mg.
- Fat: 23 gr.
- Saturated Fat: 9 gr.
- Unsaturated Fat: 11 gr.
- Trans Fat: 1 gr.
- Carbohydrates: 13 gr.
- Fiber: 2 gr.
- Protein: 37 gr.
- Cholesterol: 105 mg.
Keywords: scottish, potatoes, mince, beef, vegetables, tatties