Creamy Pasta with Prawns and Spinach is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that is perfect for a quick and satisfying meal. This dish combines al dente pasta with juicy prawns, fresh spinach, and a creamy garlic sauce made with single cream. This pasta meal will become one of your family favorites.
It is a classic Italian recipe that you will fall in love with. It requires only 5 ingredients, and you will have it ready in less than 15 minutes, making it a great option for busy weeknights.
If you cook the prawns and spinach in the meantime while the pasta is cooking, you will have the recipe ready even quicker.
The dish features al dente pasta, juicy prawns, and fresh spinach in a creamy garlic sauce. The ingredients are easy to find in most grocery stores and are affordable, making it a budget-friendly option.
This recipe is a great way to incorporate more healthy greens into your family’s diet, and the cream sauce adds a touch of richness without being too heavy.
It is also a great customizable recipe that you can modify to your liking. You can swap out the prawns for other seafood or use different greens like kale or arugula instead of spinach.
This dish also pairs well with a side salad for a complete and satisfying meal.
Whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or just looking for a comforting meal on a busy weeknight, this recipe is a must-try. So grab your apron, and let’s get cooking!
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- It is a quick and easy recipe that can be made in under 15 minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights.
- The combination of al dente pasta, juicy prawns, and creamy garlic sauce with fresh spinach makes this recipe a delicious and satisfying meal that will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
- This recipe is versatile and can be customized to your liking. You can swap out the prawns for other seafood, use different greens, or add in other ingredients like cherry tomatoes or mushrooms.
- When plated, this dish looks impressive and elegant, making it perfect for entertaining guests or a romantic dinner at home.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Olive Oil. I recommend you use extra virgin oil for frying because the quality of the oil is very important in this recipe because we have only a few ingredients, and to obtain an optimal result, it is necessary to use top-quality ingredients.
- Garlic. For this recipe, we will need fresh garlic, we can’t substitute it with granulated garlic because we will get another result. If you don’t have fresh garlic at hand, omit it altogether.
- Prawns. You can replace them with shrimp or other crustaceans.
- Spinach. I used fresh spinach, but you can also use frozen spinach if you have it in your freezer.
- Single Cream. You can replace it with heavy cream if you are ready to trade a little bit of added fat for an even creamier texture.
- Pasta. You can use any pasta you have on hand, including long pasta such as “linguine” or “spaghetti.” You can also use an egg-based pasta such as “tagliatelle.”
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
Start by cooking the pasta. Wait until the water starts to boil, add a little bit of salt, and put the pasta in it.
After that, we can start preparing the sauce because you will need only 5 minutes for it. So, in this way, you will save time.
Pro Tip: I recommend cooking the pasta 2 minutes less than the time indicated on the package because we will cook it later in the sauce at the end.
Finely chop the garlic.
Pro Tip: If you don’t like the taste of garlic, you can cut it in half, fry it a little in oil (just to flavor the oil), and then, in the end, remove the garlic from the oil.
After this, take a frying pan, and set the fire to low. Pour a little extra virgin oil into it and put the garlic in it to flavor the oil.
After about 10 seconds, add the prawns to avoid burning the garlic.
Cook the prawns on low to medium heat for about a minute on each side until they change color.
After this, add the spinach, and wait for it to lose its volume. It should take about 30 seconds. After the spinach loses its volume, it will be easier for you to mix the contents of the pan.
Quick Note: To speed up the process even faster, you can cover the pan with a lid so the spinach will steam and will lose its volume even faster.
After this, pour the single cream over the spinach and prawns.
Mix all the ingredients and turn off the heat to avoid overcooking the prawns.
At this time, you should have pasta ready. Strain it and add over the spinach and prawns that we just made.
Mix well and cook everything together on low heat for about 2 minutes.
The creamy pasta with spinach and prawns is ready to be served.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
Serve with a side salad: A simple green salad dressed with a light vinaigrette makes a great side dish for this pasta. Alternatively, you could serve it with a Caesar salad or a Caprese salad.
😻 Other Pasta Recipes You May Enjoy
- 4 Ingredient Zucchini And Tomato Pasta
- 4 Ingredient Eggplant Pasta (Pasta Alla Norma)
- One-Pot Pepperoni Pasta
- Creamy 4 Ingredient Carbonara Pasta
- Sicilian Tuna And Anchovy Pasta
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- Don’t cook the pasta until the end. Make sure to cook the pasta 2 minutes less than is indicated on the package, as we will add it over the spinach and prawns at the end, where the pasta will cook until the end. Overcooked pasta can become mushy and ruin the dish’s texture.
- Also, don’t overcook the prawns. Just 1 minute on every side until they will change their color. Overcooking the prawns can result in tough, rubbery meat. Cook them just until they turn pink and are opaque.
- Be sure to wilt the spinach before adding the cream to the pan. This helps to remove excess moisture from the spinach, preventing the sauce from becoming too watery.
- For the best results, use a good quality single cream. Low-fat or light cream may not thicken properly, resulting in a thinner sauce.
- Optionally, garnish with parmesan cheese. Grated Parmesan cheese makes a great garnish for this dish, adding a salty, nutty flavor to the pasta.
📋 Recipe Card:
Pasta With Prawns and Spinach (5 Ingredients)
- In a deep saucepan put water to boil for pasta. When the water starts to boil, drop the pasta.6 oz Pasta
- In the meanwhile, finely chop the garlic cloves.1 clove Garlic
- Take a frying pan, pour olive oil in it and put the finely-chopped garlic cloves in it. Mix well.1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- After 10 seconds, put the prawns over the garlicky oil. Cook on both sides for about 1 minute, until the prawns will change their color.12 Prawns
- Add the spinach and mix with the rest of the ingredients.3.5 oz Spinach
- Pour single cream over the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and turn off the heat.½ cup Light Cream (20%)
- Strain the pasta if it is ready and move it over the spinach and prawns.
- Mix everything well and cook for 2 minutes on low heat. Enjoy!
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- Boil pasta for two minutes less than indicated on the package; we will cook it later with spinach and prawns.
- If you don’t like the texture of the garlic, you can cut it in halves to aromatize the oil and then remove it from the oil in the end.
- To be easier to mix the spinach with the rest of the ingredients, cover the frying pan with a lid for about 20-30 seconds. Because of the steam, the spinach leaves will soften and will reduce their size.