Boneless Pork Chops with Quince Chutney and Fried Pumpkin! Tender, juicy pork chops are elevated to new heights with a sweet and tangy quince chutney, while crispy fried pumpkin adds a delightful crunch. This culinary journey promises an unforgettable flavor experience in every bite!
Autumn is the time when we need to add some bright colors to our life. In our case, for food lovers, we also want to add some colors to our plates.
Pumpkin and Quince can be great choices for that.
I can say that I’m obsessed with pumpkin dishes because you can create such delicious recipes with pumpkin, no matter if you are looking for recipe ideas for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. In all cases, pumpkin can be an ideal fit for that.
Pumpkin goes well with many tasty products and I also like to diversify my table with new dishes that have the pumpkin as a king of the plate. And with the arrival of the pumpkin season, I have huge opportunities to experiment with recipes in that period.
Today’s meal is suitable for those who love fine taste. Initially, I decided to go with boneless pork chops, served near some slices of fried pumpkin. But after that, I decided to go further and to give the pork chops an extra flavor serving on top of it, a quince chutney that we can make quickly in parallel.
In the fall, I like to add quince in many dishes because of its aroma and lightly sweet taste. This simple fruit can give your food a fresh taste.
For some time now, I’ve become a fan of chutney sauce and because of that, I decided to make a quince chutney for today’s dish.
The original chutney comes from India. It’s like a sweet jam but it also has some vegetables and spices. It became very popular around the world, and the original recipe has changed from region to region.
Chutney can help you to impress with an extra flavor on the plate, and it goes well with cheeses and meat.
As for the meat, for today’s dish, I decided to pick the boneless pork chops because they are very easy to combine with vegetables and fruits. And the best part of it, is you can cook delicious juicy pork chops very quickly.
Try it and I’m pretty sure that you will cook this combination quite often.
Needed Ingredients for the Quince Chutney:
- 1 cup of quince
- 1 tablespoon (15 g.) of butter
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey. (Accordingly of how sweet is your quince)
- ⅓ cup (20 g.) of chopped onions.
- ⅘ cup / (200 ml.) of vegetable broth
Needed Ingredients for Pumpkin Slices:
- 2 Slices of Pumpkin
- ⅔ tablespoon (10 g.) of butter
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Additionally, you can add chili flakes & sage.
Needed Ingredients for fried pork:
- 17.6 oz (500 g.) of boneless pork chops.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 brunch of rosemary.
- 1 ½ tablespoon (20 g.) of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
How to make a delicious Quince Chutney?
Chop finely the onions. Cut into small cubes the quince.
Take a pan, and melt the butter (You can replace the butter with extra virgin olive oil). After that, add the chopped onions to the pan.
When the onions will become transparent, it’s time to add the quince to the pan. Mix all the ingredients well and let them simmer for 2 minutes.
After that, add the broth.
Let all the ingredients to boil for 5-7 minutes.
Now, add ¼ teaspoon of salt, and a teaspoon of honey (If you don’t have honey under your hands, you can replace it with sugar or another sweetener that you prefer).
Leave everything on low heat until the quince becomes soft and the chutney will have the desired consistency.
How to fry the Pumpkins?
Cut the pumpkin into slices about 1″. Remove all the seeds from the inside of the pumpkin.
Add 1 cube of butter and 1 teaspoon of olive oil into a pan.
When the butter will melt, add the pumpkin slices to the pan.
Season the pumpkin with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the pumpkin on both sides until it will become soft.
We are done with the pumpkin. Let’s cook the pork chops.
How to Cook Delicious Boneless Pork Chops?
Prepare the pork chops and the spices. In our case, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Additionally, you can use also and sage or thyme.
To obtain a more rich taste, I will recommend you to fry the meat in flavored oil. For that, on a clean pan, add rosemary, garlic cloves, olive oil, and butter.
When the butter will melt, add the meat to the pan. Brown the meat on one side, for about 4-5 minutes.
Turn over the meat to the other side and fry it for another 3-4 minutes. Meanwhile, take a spoon, tilt the pan, and sprinkle the meat with our aromatic oil. This will help us to aromatize better the meat.
Also, don’t forget to fry the meat on the fat sides until the fat will become a little brown. This will add an extra touch of flavor.
When you will finish cooking the meat, put it aside on a plate where you will season it will salt and pepper to taste. After that, cover it with aluminum foil and let it rest for about 5 minutes. Because of that, the meat will remain juicy.
We are done with all the components of our plate. It’s time to assemble our dish.
Enjoy your meal!
😻 Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- 4 Ingredient Pork Chops With Garlic And Rosemary
- 4 Ingredient Oven Baked Pork Chops
- Salt And Pepper Belly Pork
- Crispy Stuffed Pork Chops In Air Fryer
- Easy And Juicy Air Fryer Pork Loin
Answering Your Questions:
Can I use a different type of meat for this recipe?
Absolutely! While this recipe calls for boneless pork chops, you can easily substitute chicken breasts or even beef steaks for a variation on the flavors.
What if I can’t find quince for the chutney?
If quince is unavailable, you can substitute it with apples or pears, adjusting the sugar and spices to suit the fruit’s sweetness.
Can I make the chutney ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the quince chutney in advance and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
How do I know when the pork chops are cooked through?
To ensure your pork chops are cooked to perfection, use a meat thermometer and make sure the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C).
Boneless Pork Chops with Quince Chutney and Fried Pumpkin
What ingredients do we need for the Quince Chutney?
What ingredients do we need for a fried sliced pumpkin?
How to make a delicious Quince Chutney?
- Chop the onions and cut into small cubes the quince.⅓ cup Onion
- Melt the butter and fry the onions until they will become transparent.1 tablespoon Butter, ⅓ cup Onion
- Add the quince. Mix well. Simmer them for 2 minutes.1 cup Quince
- Add the vegetable broth. Season with honey, salt, and pepper to taste.1 tablespoons Honey, ⅘ cup Broth, Salt, Black Pepper
- Now leave everything on low heat until the quince becomes soft and the chutney will have the desired consistency.
How to fry the Pumpkins?
- Cut the pumpkin into slices about 1″.2 Slices Pumpkin
- Add butter and olive oil into a pan.1 teaspoon Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon Butter
- Melt the butter, add the pumpkin slices to the pan.
- Season the pumpkin with salt and pepper to taste.Salt, Black Pepper
- Cook the pumpkin on both sides until it will become soft.
How to cook delicious boneless pork chops?
- Into a pan, add rosemary, garlic cloves, olive oil, and butter.1 tablespoon Butter, Chili Pepper Flakes, 2 cloves Garlic, 1 brunch Rosemary, 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, Sage
- Melt the butter and add the pork chops into the pan.16 oz Pork Chops
- Brown the meat on one side, for about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn over the meat to the other side and fry it for another 3-4 minutes.
- Fry the meat on the fat sides until the fat will become a little brown.
- Season with salt and pepper & cover with an aluminum foil.Salt, Black Pepper
- Let the meat rest for 5 minutes.
- It’s time to assemble our dish.
- Enjoy your meal!
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑