Find how to make Chinese Salt and Pepper Chicken Breast at home that will be crunchy, spicy, and crispy without using a ton of oil.
- 1 medium Chicken Breast. Approx: 28oz (750 grams)
- 34 US fl. oz. (1 liter) of oil.
- Corn Starch to cover all the meat.
- 3 pieces of Spring Onions.
- 1 medium Onion.
- 1 piece of Chili Pepper or to your taste.
- 3 Garlic cloves.
- 1/2 of a medium Bell pepper.
- Optionally: 1 tablespoon of Ginger.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
1. Wash and cut the vegetables into slices.
2. Cut the chicken breast into strips about the size of a finger. Make sure that all the pieces to be the same size. Season the meat with salt and pepper.
3. Take a large bowl. Put the chicken breast in it and pour starch over the meat. Mix well until you are sure that the meat is covered well with starch on all sides.
4. Preheat the oil in a saucepan to 350°F (175 °C). Fry the meat in a few batches to keep the oil hot until it will obtain a slightly golden color.
5. Put the fried chicken on a plate covered with paper napkins or in a sieve to drain the excess oil.
6. Now, take a wok, pour a little oil in it, and fry all the vegetables for 2-3 minutes on high heat.
7. Over the vegetables, add the chicken breast and mix all the ingredients. Fry them for another minute.
8. The dish is ready to be served. Optionally, you can sprinkle over some fried sesame seeds or some chopped green onion tails.
Fry the chicken breast in a few batches to keep the temperature of the oil high. Otherwise, the oil temperature will go down and meat will absorb more oil than we need.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Calories: 508 cal
Keywords: Chinese, chicken, fried, recipe, food, vegetables