This easy 4 ingredient sardines omelette with vegetables is a quick recipe that is packed full of flavor and nutrition. It is made with eggs, spring onions, sardines, and kapia pepper. A delicious and perfect way to start your day.
It is full of protein and healthy fats, but it’s also incredibly simple to prepare, making it an ideal choice for busy mornings or lazy weekend brunches.
The combination of sardines, spring onions, and kapia pepper creates a unique flavor profile that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds.
Meanwhile, spring onions and kapia pepper add a pop of freshness and spice that helps balance out the richness of the eggs and sardines. Also, you may consider adding other vegetables that you prefer to eat for breakfast.
All you will need to make this savory sardines omelet is to chop the vegetables into similar-sized pieces and mix them with the eggs. Then transfer the mixture to the frying pan and cook until it is done.
Whether you’re a sardine lover or just looking for a new way to enjoy your eggs in the morning, this Sardine Omelette is a must-try recipe.
Why you will love this recipe?
- It is incredibly simple and quick to make, which makes it a perfect option for lazy mornings or when you need to prepare something delicious in no time.
- It is packed full of flavor. The combination of kapia, sardines, onions, and eggs creates a unique and delicious flavor.
- Sardines are a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for heart health and brain function. Eggs are also a great source of protein and other essential nutrients, making this recipe a nutritious choice if you’re looking to add more proteins to your diet.
- Canned sardines are an affordable and convenient ingredient, making this recipe a great option for those on a budget.
- It is easily customizable. You can experiment with adding different ingredients, such as cheese, herbs, or vegetables. You can also serve it with a side of toast, salad, or fruit to make it a complete meal.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Vegetables. To keep it simple, I used only the Kapia pepper. If you don’t have it at hand, you can easily use bell pepper instead and add it and other vegetables like mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, spinach, and other vegetables you like.
- Canned Sardines. Pick high-quality canned sardines that you like their taste. As they have an important role in this recipe, you should pay attention to them.
- Seasonings. I used a simple mix of salt and pepper, but you can add any other spices you like.
- Spring Onions. You could replace them with regular onions.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
Take a large bowl in which it will be convenient for you to mix all the ingredients. Now, chop the kapia pepper and spring onions and drop them in the bowl. Right after that, cut the sardines into smaller pieces and add them to the rest of the ingredients.
Take another plate, break the eggs, and season them with salt and pepper. Beat the eggs until you incorporate whites with the yolks.
After that, pour the beaten eggs into the bowl with the sardines and the rest of the vegetables. Mix well all the ingredients.
Pour a little bit of oil into a frying pan and pour all the ingredients into it.
Now, using a fork, distribute all the ingredients uniformly in the frying pan.
Set the heat to low, cover the omelet with a lid, and let it cook for about 15 minutes or until the eggs coagulate.
Our easy sardines omelet is ready to be served. For extra freshness and color to the plate, you may add a little bit of freshly chopped parsley.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
You can serve the omelette near a slice of whole wheat toast. This classic combination will never get old.
If you’re serving it for brunch, you may consider also preparing a simple salad dressed with olive oil and lemon juice.
If you like some heat, serve the omelette with a drizzle of hot sauce or a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. This will add some extra spice and flavor to the dish.
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- If you notice that sardines have any excesses of water or oil, ensure that you will drain the liquids in order to prevent the omelet from becoming too oily or watery.
- Ensure not to overcook the eggs as they will become dry, and you will get a tough omelet. Cook the eggs until they are just set and slightly golden brown on the outside.
- For the best results, use a non-stick pan which will simplify the flipping process of the omelette. A well-seasoned cast iron skillet can also work well.
- Omelets are best served hot and fresh. Serve the Sardine Omelette as soon as it’s cooked to ensure that it’s still warm and fluffy.
🤔 Answering Your Questions:
Can I Use Frozen Sardines for This Recipe?
Yes, frozen sardines can be used in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them completely and pat them dry with a paper towel before using them. After that, you should cook the sardines first, and only after that, add them to the rest of the ingredients.
Can I Add Other Vegetables to the Sardines Omelette?
Yes, you can add other vegetables, such as chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, or spinach, to the omelet for extra flavor and nutrition.
How Can I Prevent the Omelet From Sticking to the Pan?
Make sure to heat the pan on medium-high heat and add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan before adding the egg mixture. Use a non-stick pan, if possible, or a well-seasoned cast-iron pan. Gently lift the edges of the omelette with a spatula to make sure it’s not sticking before flipping it over.
📋 Recipe Card:
Easy 4-Ingredient Sardines Omelette
- Cut the kapia pepper and spring onions into smaller pieces of the same size.½ Kapia Pepper, 3 Brunches Spring Onions
- After that, take the sardines and cut or break them into smaller pieces.4 oz Sardines
- Take another plate and break in it the eggs. Season them with salt and pepper. Using a whisk or a fork, beat the eggs until you will incorporate the whites with yolks.Salt, 3 Egg, Black Pepper
- Now combine the beaten eggs with sardines and diced vegetables. Mix them well.
- Take a frying pan, pour in it olive oil, and pour the mixture we just obtained.Olive Oil
- Set the fire to low, cover it with a lid, and let the sardines omelette cook for about 15 minutes.
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- Cook the omelette on low heat because you risk burning the bottom of the omelette.
- Use high-quality canned sardines as it have an important role in that dish.