A soft and moist Sicilian orange cake that you can make quick and easy at home. A bright orange flavor that you can obtain only if you’re using fresh oranges. Ideal desert if you have only one hour to put a cake on the table.
- 1 peeled Orange (after you will blend the Orange You should get about 1 1/2 fl. Oz. Orange purea).
- Zest from two oranges.
- 1 ¼ cup (150 grams) of All-Purpose Flour.
- 1 cup (125 grams) of Rice Flour.
- 3 Eggs.
- 1 ¼ cup (250 grams) of Sugar (or ⅔ cup of honey)
- 1 ½ cup (100 ml) of Yogurt.
- 4 tbsp (60 grams) of melted butter.
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) of Olive Oil.
- 2 ½ teaspoons of Baking Powder.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
1. Pour all the eggs and sugar in the bowl and mix until you get a creamy mass.
2. Add into the bowl orange zest from two oranges.
3. Peel and cut one orange into cubes and blend it until you get a uniform consistency. Add the orange to the bowl with our previous ingredients. Right after it, add the yogurt into the composition.
4. Add salt, baking powder and incorporate these ingredients.
5. Add the flour (all-purpose and rice flour) and mix all the ingredients at the lowest speed.
6. Add the melted butter and olive oil. Mix all the ingredients well until you get a uniform mass.
7. Prepare the baking tray. Cover the bottom of the tray with baking paper, and grease both the bottom and the walls of the tray with butter.
8. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Pour the dough into the baking tin and bake the cake for about 45-50 minutes.
9. You’re done!
- Category: Cakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 235 cal
Keywords: desserts, sicilian, cake, oranges