A simple and delicious one-pan recipe of homemade Sicilian Sausages made using tomato sausage, chopped onions, celery, garlic, and hot pepper. An easy recipe that you can make in just one pan or you can use your slow cooker for that. An ideal midweek meal when you have a lot to do in your house and you look for something that will need your minimum attention.
- . If you want, you can use only one type of beans.
- 2 Cups of Canned White Beans.
- 7–8 Sausages. I served 2 sausages per person.
- 2 Cups of Tomato Sauce.
- 1 Cup of Water.
- 1 Medium Onion.
- 2 garlic cloves.
- 1 Celery.
- Chili Pepper.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Set the High temperature (300F° / 150C°) on the slow cooker. Pour the olive oil into the pan and brown the Sausages for approximately 2 and a half minutes on each side.
- Remove the sausages from the slow cooker and place them on a plate.
- In the oil in which we just fried the sausages, add over chopped onions, celery, garlic, and hot pepper. Brown all the vegetables for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the tomato sauce over our vegetables and let them cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the canned beans.
- Right after the beans, add a glass of water, a pinch of salt, and black pepper. Mix well all the ingredients
- Put back the sausages to the slow cooker over our “vegetable stew”. Select the “Low temperature” mode or set it manually the temperature to 195F° / 90C°. Let the sausages cook for about two hours.
We are done! Enjoy your juicy and delicious homemade Sicilian Sausages with Beans.
1. Please keep in mind that not all slow cookers are created and are working equally. Because of that, please verify the food from time to time and if is needed, adjust the temperature and cooking time.
2. Our goal is to bring the inside temperature of the sausages to 175F° /80C°. At this temperature, the sausages will be cooked well and they will remain juicy.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow-Cooker
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 462 Cal
Keywords: sausages, beans, dinner, slow cooker