Sirnica is a Bosnian Cheese Pita made from phyllo pastry dough with fresh cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, and melted butter.
- 1 lb (450 grams) of Cottage Cheese.
- 11 oz. (310 grams) of Mozzarella Cheese.
- 7 tablespoons (100 grams) of Melted Butter.
- 14 oz. (400 grams) of Phyllo Pastry.
- 2 Eggs.
- Salt to taste.
1. Take a large bowl and put in it cottage & mozzarella cheese. Two eggs and salt to taste. Mix well all the ingredients.
2. Spread a phyllo sheet on the table. Grease it with melted butter and cover it with another layer of phyllo pastry.
3. Spread a little bit of filling over the shorter edge of the dough.
4. Roll the phyllo sheets like a cigarette.
5. Put the phyllo sheets on the baking tray and rotate them as a spiral.
6. Repeat steps 2-5 until you will use all the filling and phyllo pastry.
7. With a brush, spread all the remaining butter evenly on the entire surface of the Sirnica.
8. Optionally, for an extra taste and texture, pour some of your favorite seeds over. I used sesame, flax, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds.
9. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Bake the Bosnian Pita for about 35 minutes.
10. Let it cool down for 10 minutes. It’s ready to be served.
- Category: Baking
- Cuisine: Bosnian
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 220 cal
Keywords: sirnica, pita, bosnian, cheese, pie