Today we will cook one of the easiest and most delicious soups, in my opinion. At the same time, this easy recipe of tomato soup is one of the tastiest. This recipe is a must-try, especially during the harvest of tomatoes from the farm. During that period, you will discover the full taste of the tomatoes, and you won’t have to add a lot of extra ingredients to obtain an unbelievable taste.
I love this recipe because you need only a few ingredients, and it’s effortless to make. We are using some additional ingredients to enhance the taste of tomatoes and to keep them the main hero of our dish.
All you need to do for this recipe is only to slice the tomatoes, bake them into the oven, and after that blend them. That’s all. That means you don’t need to slice small anything, you don’t need to sit at the pan a whole day, and the favorite part – you don’t have to use and to dirt a lot of pans.
It’s a perfect recipe for a rainy summer day when you want to make something delicious, but you don’t want to stay all day in the kitchen.
Let’s get started.
Why will you love this homemade tomato soup?
- You will need only a few basic ingredients to make this soup.
- Easy to make.
- It’s delicious.
- You can eat the soup hot and cold.
Looking for more Soups Ideas? Take also a look at those:
- Cauliflower Leek Potato Soup
- Creamy Soup of Leek and Celery Roots
- Vegetarian Ukrainian Borscht Soup (Beet Soup)
- Romanian Meatball Soup / Ciorba de Perisoare
PIN ON PINTEREST
What Ingredients will you need for a creamy tomato soup?
- Tomatoes. As I said earlier, you need to choose the most flavored tomatoes. It doesn’t matter how they look and how big or small they are. For this recipe, we are interested only by aroma and taste.
- Onions & Garlic. Baked onions and garlic will give us a sweet taste highlighting the individual taste of the tomatoes without distracting too much attention from them.
- Ricotta. I choose for this recipe the ricotta cheese. You can replace it with another kind of cheeses either fresh or matured. It all depends on what type of texture you want to obtain: Creamier or more piquant.
- Vegetable broth. You can make it by yourself from whatever vegetables you prefer, use the commercial broth, or use a bouillon cube that you can dissolve into the water.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Olive oil
What tomatoes should I use?
My recommendation will be to choose tomatoes that were grown naturally on the farm or in your garden because these tomatoes will be more aromatic and will give your tomato a more delicious taste.
How to cook this simple tomato soup?
- First of all, we need to cut the tomatoes in half and remove the tomato tails.
2. After that, you need to slice to onions into thin pieces of 1/4″.
3. The next step will be to divide the garlic into cloves. We will need 8-9 pieces of garlic cloves.
4. Now it’s time to take the thyme and splash it a little with the high-quality olive oil to avoid burnout at baking.
5. After you will have all the ingredients prepared, arrange them on a baking pan, and season everything with salt and pepper. Splash all the ingredients with extra-virgin olive oil. And the last step, add some drops of balsamic glaze to the tomatoes.
6. Put the pan in the preheated oven (at 360°F / 180°C) for 30-35 minutes.
7. After the timer will end, remove the pan from the oven, and let the vegetables cool down for a while so you can work with them after that. Also, at this step, you can throw away the thyme because it already gave all the flavor to our vegetables. We don’t need it anymore.
8. After the vegetables cool down a little bit, it’s time to peel the tomatoes and the garlic. Put all the tomatoes, garlic, and onions into a bowl together with the juice left by them.
9. Take a blender and blend them. To control the consistence that you want to obtain, add some vegetable broth until you will be happy with the result.
10. Congratulation! We are done! All we have to do now is to put the soup on a plate and to serve it. I preferred to add a tablespoon of creamy Ricotta, some splashes of extra-virgin olive oil, and a few leaves of basil. You can also serve near the soup the traditional focaccia genovese or a few slices of flavorful homemade rosemary parmesan bread.
Here is the result I got:
How to add a personal taste to this Tomato Soup?
You can change the taste of the soup, using some aromatic herbs like basil or other herbs that you like.
Also, if you want to add some texture, you can add some croutons that you can flavor with some garlic, salt, and pepper or experiment with your favorite herbs. If you don’t like the ricotta, you can replace it with another cheese or sour cream.
Tips for success:
- Choose the most flavored tomatoes that you can find.
- Pay attention not to burn the onions and garlic because you will obtain a bitter taste.
- If you want to make the tomato soup more creamy after you will blend the tomatoes, pass the tomatoes through the sieve.
- A little bit of love.
Delicious Creamy Homemade Tomato Soup
- Cut the tomatoes into a half.
- Slice the onions into pieces of ¼″.
- Divide the garlic into cloves.
- Splash with Extra-virgin olive oil above the thyme.
- Put all the vegetables on a baking pan.
- Season everything with salt and pepper.
- Add some drops of balsamic glaze to the tomatoes.
- Put the pan in the preheated oven (at 360°F / 180°C) for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, let the vegetables cool down for a while so you can work with them later.
- Throw away the thyme because it already gave all the flavor to our vegetables.
- Peel the tomatoes and the garlic.
- Put all the tomatoes, garlic, and onions into a bowl together with the juice left by them.
- Blend all the vegetables.
- Add some vegetable broth until you will be happy with the consistency.
- Enjoy your soup!
A few questions you may have about this tomato soup recipe:
Is the tomato soup good to eat it cold?
Sure. You can eat hot and cold, maybe even the cold variant may be a better option for a hot summer day.
Can tomato soup be frozen?
Yes, you can. If you are a very busy person, you can prepare it in a larger quantity, divide it into smaller portions, and put the tomato soup into the freezer. In that way, you can keep it for another two-three weeks.
When you are craving this soup again, all you will need to do is to take it from the freezer and heat it a little bit.
PIN ON PINTEREST:
Did you try this recipe?
Please let me know how your soup turns out in the comments or share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #gocookyummy or mentioning @gocookyummy. Thank you!