- 2,5 pounds of Fresh Tomatoes
- 3 medium Onions
- 8–9 Cloves of Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4–5 Thyme branches
- 2–3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500–600ml Vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of Balsamic Glaze
- Optional: Creamy Ricotta for serving
- Cut the tomatoes into a half.
- Slice the onions into pieces of 1/4″.
- Divide the garlic into cloves.
- Splash with Extra-virgin olive oil above the thyme.
- Put all the vegetables on a baking pan.
- Season everything with salt and pepper.
- Add some drops of balsamic glaze on the tomatoes.
- Put the pan in the preheated oven (at 360°F / 180°C) for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, let the vegetables cool down for a while so you can work with them later.
- Throw away the thyme because it already gave all the flavor to our vegetables.
- Peel the tomatoes and the garlic.
- Put all the tomatoes, garlic and onions into a bowl together with the juice left by them.
- Blend all the vegetables.
- Add some vegetable broth until you will be happy with the consistence.
- Enjoy your soup!
Keywords: tomato soup