Authentic Crispy Italian Focaccia Genovese bread at home. You will need only a few simple ingredients, but you will be surprised by how tasty it is. This classic recipe will allow you to add whatever topping you will want.
For the dough:
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour (500 grams)
- 1 cup ¼ (300 ml) of warm water.
- 2 tablespoon (25 ml) of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 teaspoons (20 grams) of Salt
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams ) of sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons (5 grams) of Dried Active Yeast
For the topping:
- Coarse sea salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Prepare the leaven if you use yeast that needs to dissolve in liquids.
2. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and knead the dough well.
3. Cover the dough with plastic food film and leave it to rest at room temperature until it triples in volume.
4. Put the dough in the baking tray and spread it in an even layer over the entire surface of the tray.
5. Grease the dough well with olive oil, make dimples in the dough with your fingers.
6. Sprinkle the dough with coarse sea salt and rosemary.
7. Leave the tray to rest at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to maximum temperature.
9. Put the traybake into the oven for 20-45 minutes. The time varies depending on the power of the oven.
10. When the focaccia will become well browned, remove the tray from the oven.
1. If you need more detailed steps, see the basic article above.
2. In the process of preparing the dough, be careful not to kill the yeast.
3. Don’t be afraid to experiment with focaccia toppings.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 208 Calories
- Sugar: 1 gr.
- Sodium: 196 mg.
- Fat: 7 g.
- Saturated Fat: 1 g.
- Carbohydrates: 31 gr.
- Fiber: 2.1 gr.
- Protein: 5 g.
Keywords: focaccia, genovese, italian, baking, bread