Torta paradiso or Italian Paradise cake is a fluffy buttery cake with a slight vanilla taste. It is super soft and it will melt in your mouth. The best part? you can make it in under one hour.
- ¾ cup (170 grams) of Butter.
- 1 1⁄3 cup (170 grams) of Powdered Sugar.
- ⅓ cup (40 grams) of Vanilla Sugar.
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) of Salt or to taste.
- ½ cup (70 grams) of Starch.
- ¾ teaspoon (3 grams) of Baking Powder.
- ⅔ cup (100 grams) of All-Purpose Flour.
- 4 Large Eggs.
- Additional aromas. I decided to pick the orange and lemon zest.
1. Put the butter and powdered sugar in the bowl of the mixer, or in the bowl in which you will mix the ingredients by hand.
2. Add the extra flavors you prefer like vanilla sugar, orange, and lemon zest.
3. Mix well all these ingredients.
4. When the composition becomes quite thick and uniform, start adding the eggs one by one and mix continuously.
5. After the eggs incorporated well, add flour, starch, baking powder, and salt into the bowl. Mix them well until you get a uniform mixture.
6. Prepare the baking tray. Cover the bottom of the tray with baking paper and grease the baking tray with butter (both: bottom and walls).
7. Pour the previously obtained composition into the baking form.
8. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Bake the cake for about 40 minutes. It’s important to not open the oven until a solid surface will be formed.
9. In the end, after the cake has cooled down, pour the cake with a little powdered sugar.
1. Before you start the recipe, put all the ingredients on the table 2 hours ahead. This will make ingredients reach room temperature. Because of that, they will not separate from each other when you will mix all of them together.
2. Baking time may differ from oven to oven because not all of them are working in the same way. The cake may be ready in 35 to 45 minutes. A good hint will be to test your cake with a toothpick to understand when it is done.
3. You can serve it next to a sour jam to get a pleasant contrast between sweet and sour tastes.
- Category: Cakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 541 cal
- Sugar: 40 gr.
- Sodium: 270 mg.
- Fat: 28 gr.
- Saturated Fat: 15 gr.
- Carbohydrates: 63 gr.
- Fiber: 2 gr.
- Protein: 7 gr.
- Cholesterol: 308 mg.
Keywords: torta paradiso, paradise cake, Italian desserts