Get ready to indulge in the mouthwatering charm of our delicious turkey pie without vegetables made with 4 ingredients only. This recipe will take your taste buds on a journey with its golden puff pastry crust, tender turkey leftovers, creamy bechamel sauce, and gooey mozzarella cheese. Prepare to experience a symphony of flavors that will leave you craving more.
The festivities have come and gone, the Thanksgiving table has been cleared, and you find yourself with an abundance of turkey leftovers. Fear not, for I have a splendid idea that will transform those remnants into a sensational feast!
You should give a try to this delicious turkey pie without vegetables recipe. It is a delightful creation that breathes new life into those leftover turkey morsels. We will use the turkey leftovers and 3 more ingredients for this masterpiece.
Yes, my friends, we are embarking on a journey of reinvention and taste bud enchantment.
You see, after the holiday extravaganza, we often find ourselves pondering the fate of our leftover turkey. Oh, the possibilities!
We take what was once a main course and elevate it to a new level of scrumptiousness. It’s a testament to the art of transformation, where leftovers become stars in their own right.
So, gather those turkey leftovers and let your culinary prowess shine.
Join me, as we dive into this recipe and unlock the secrets of transforming leftovers into a magnificent meal. With every slice of this delicious turkey pie, you’ll taste the love, the creativity, and the pure joy of reinvention.
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- Mouthwatering Flavor: This recipe offers a tantalizing combination of flavors that will make your taste buds dance with joy. The seasoned turkey, creamy bechamel sauce, and gooey cheese create a symphony of deliciousness in every bite.
- Easy and Convenient: Making this turkey pie is a breeze, especially if you have leftover turkey on hand. With the help of pre-made puff pastry and a few simple steps, you can whip up a scrumptious meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
- Versatility: This recipe allows for versatility and customization. You can experiment with different herbs and spices to season the turkey, add your favorite cheeses, or even incorporate additional ingredients like caramelized onions or crispy bacon to take the flavors to new heights.
- Crowd-Pleasing Dish: Whether you’re hosting a family dinner or a potluck gathering, this turkey pie is sure to be a hit. Its comforting flavors and inviting aroma will have everyone coming back for seconds, earning you praise as the culinary hero of the day.
- Leftover Turkey Revival: It’s a fantastic way to give new life to leftover turkey from a holiday feast. Instead of simply reheating the leftovers, transform them into a completely different and delectable dish that will make you forget you’re even eating leftovers.
- Impressive Presentation: The golden and flaky puff pastry crust, along with the bubbling cheese on top, creates an eye-catching and appetizing presentation. It’s a dish that looks as good as it tastes, making it perfect for special occasions or when you want to impress your guests.
- Comfort Food at Its Best: This turkey pie embodies the essence of comfort food. It’s warm, hearty, and satisfying, providing a sense of comfort and nostalgia with every bite. It’s the perfect dish to enjoy on a cozy evening or when you need a culinary hug.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Puff Pastry: The puff pastry serves as the delectable, flaky crust that encases the savory turkey filling. If you don’t have puff pastry on hand, you can try using phyllo dough or even a pre-made pie crust as an alternative.
- Turkey Leftovers: The star of the show, turkey leftovers add a tender and flavorful element to the pie. If you don’t have turkey leftovers, you can substitute them with cooked chicken or even shredded rotisserie chicken for a different twist.
- Bechamel Sauce: The creamy bechamel sauce adds richness and a luscious texture to the pie. If you prefer a different sauce, you can substitute the bechamel with a creamy mushroom sauce, a cheese sauce, or even a tomato-based sauce like marinara.
- Mozzarella Cheese: The gooey mozzarella cheese adds a delightful stretch and meltiness to the pie, enhancing its overall cheesiness. If mozzarella isn’t available, you can try substituting it with cheddar, Gruyere, or Monterey Jack cheese for different flavor profiles.
🍴 Tools Needed:
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
Take a baking dish that you usually use for the pies, and grease the bottom and sides with oil to prevent the dough from sticking to the pan during baking.
Next, spread the dough in the pan so that it properly covers the bottom and the sides.
Quick Note: Cut the dough so that you leave a piece that will be used as a lid to cover the filling.
Now it’s time to prepare the filling for our turkey pie.
Over the béchamel sauce, add the cheese grated through a grater and the finely minced meat.
Mix all the ingredients well. At this stage, taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
Pour the filling over the dough arranged in the baking dish.
Then, cover the filling with the remaining piece of dough, cut the excess edges, and carefully seal the edges so that the filling doesn’t leak during baking.
Pro Tip: Using scissors, make a cut in the middle of the pie lid to allow the steam that will form during baking to escape from the pie, without ruining the pie’s shape.
Preheat the oven and bake the pie for about 45 minutes at a temperature of 375°F (190°C).
Let the pie cool for 15 minutes. During this time, the filling from the turkey pie will stabilize a bit and the pie will reach an optimal temperature for consumption.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
- Festive Family Gathering: Imagine a long, rustic table adorned with colorful linens and twinkling lights. Serve your “Delicious Turkey Pie Without Vegetables” as the centerpiece of a bountiful holiday spread. Surround it with bowls of vibrant seasonal salads, roasted vegetables, and a selection of artisanal cheeses. This inviting scene will foster a warm and joyful atmosphere, encouraging your loved ones to gather, share stories, and savor the flavors together.
- Picnic in the Park: Pack your turkey pie into a charming wicker basket along with a selection of fresh salads, crusty bread, and refreshing beverages. Find a cozy spot under the shade of a sprawling tree or near a glistening lake. Spread out a colorful blanket and let nature become your dining companion. This al fresco feast will transport you to a realm of carefree delight and culinary escapades.
- Brunch Bonanza: Serve slices of your turkey pie alongside a delightful array of brunch favorites. Offer a tempting spread of fluffy scrambled eggs, crispy bacon or sausage, fresh fruit platters, and crusty pastries. Don’t forget to brew a pot of aromatic coffee or steep a pot of fragrant tea. This brunch extravaganza will awaken the senses and set the stage for a memorable morning gathering with friends and loved ones.
- Elegant Dinner Party: Dress your table in fine linens, delicate china, and twinkling candlelight. Serve individual portions of your turkey pie on stylish plates, accompanied by a medley of steamed seasonal vegetables or a vibrant salad. Elevate the experience by pairing it with a selection of fine wines or craft cocktails. This refined affair will leave your guests in awe of your culinary prowess.
- Cozy Night In: Curl up on the couch, dim the lights, and enjoy your “Delicious Turkey Pie Without Vegetables” in the warm glow of candlelight. Serve generous slices on cozy plates alongside a simple green salad dressed with a tangy vinaigrette. Pair it with a glass of your favorite wine or a comforting cup of herbal tea. Let the flavors envelop you as you unwind and savor each bite in the comfort of your own sanctuary.
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- When it comes to seasoning the turkey, don’t be shy! Allow your taste buds to dance to the tunes of your favorite herbs and spices. Rosemary, thyme, sage, or even a dash of smoked paprika can elevate the flavors to new heights. Let your creativity shine and season with gusto!
- To ensure a flaky and golden crust, remember to handle it gently, like the wings of a delicate butterfly. Thaw it properly according to the package instructions and be mindful not to overwork the dough. A light touch will reward you with a buttery, ethereal pastry.
- When using leftover turkey, make sure it’s fully cooked and seasoned. To keep the meat juicy and succulent, consider adding a touch of moisture during the reheating process. A drizzle of turkey broth or a spoonful of gravy can work wonders in reviving its tender glory.
- Keep an eye on the oven! To ensure an evenly baked pie, preheat the oven to the specified temperature and place your creation in the center rack. Monitor its progress and rotate the pie if needed to ensure uniform browning. Your patience will be rewarded when the heavenly aromas waft through your kitchen.
- Allow for Rest and Indulgence: Once this delicious turkey pie emerges from the oven, give it a few minutes to rest and settle. This moment of tranquility allows the flavors to mingle and intensify. So, resist the temptation to dig in immediately, take a deep breath, and prepare to indulge in a slice of pure joy.
🤔 Answering Your Questions:
Can I Use Fresh Turkey Instead of Leftover Turkey?
Absolutely! While this recipe is a great way to repurpose leftover turkey, you can also use freshly cooked turkey. Just ensure it’s fully cooked and seasoned before using it in the pie.
Can I Freeze the Pie Before Baking it?
Yes, you can freeze the assembled pie before baking. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in the freezer. When ready to bake, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and then follow the baking instructions as usual.
Can I Add Vegetables to the Pie if Desired?
Absolutely! While this recipe focuses on a vegetable-free pie, you can certainly add your favorite vegetables if desired. Consider sautéed mushrooms, diced bell peppers, or caramelized onions. Just ensure they are cooked before adding them to the pie to prevent excess moisture.
Can I Use a Different Type of Cheese?
Certainly! Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese to suit your taste preferences. Cheddar, Gruyere, or Monterey Jack can all be great alternatives or additions to the mozzarella cheese.
Can I Make Mini Pies Instead of One Large Pie?
Absolutely! If you prefer individual servings, you can use smaller pie dishes or ramekins to create mini pies. Just adjust the baking time accordingly, as smaller pies may require less time in the oven.
📋 Recipe Card:
Delicious Turkey Pie Without Vegetables
- 13 oz Puff Pastry
- 1 cup Turkey leftovers
- 2 cups Bechamel Sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Roll out the dough in the baking dish so that you form the base and walls of the pie, and leave a piece of dough to shape the lid of the pie later on.13 oz Puff Pastry
- Mix the béchamel sauce with the chopped meat and grated cheese, taste, and adjust the flavor with salt and pepper to your liking.1 cup Turkey, 2 cups Bechamel Sauce, 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Pour the filling obtained over the dough in the baking dish.
- Cover with the piece of dough left earlier, trim the excess dough from the edges.
- Carefully seal the edges of the pie to avoid the filling from leaking during baking.
- Make a cut in the center of the pie lid to allow the steam to escape during baking.
- Preheat the oven and bake the turkey pie for 45 minutes at 190°C (375°F).
- Let it cool for 15 minutes and our delicious turkey pie is ready to be served.
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- Leftover Turkey: This recipe is an excellent way to repurpose leftover turkey from a holiday feast. Ensure the turkey is fully cooked and seasoned before using it in the pie. Feel free to adjust the quantities based on the amount of turkey you have available.
- Puff Pastry Handling: Handle the puff pastry with care to achieve a flaky and golden crust. Thaw the pastry according to the package instructions and avoid overworking the dough. Lightly flour the work surface to prevent sticking.
- Seasoning: Don’t be afraid to get creative with your seasoning! Experiment with herbs and spices that complement the flavors of turkey. Rosemary, thyme, sage, or even a touch of smoked paprika can add depth and enhance the overall taste.
- Cheese Selection: While mozzarella cheese is recommended for its melting properties, feel free to mix it with other cheese varieties for added flavor. Cheddar, Gruyere, or Monterey Jack can be delicious alternatives.
- Serving Suggestions: The pie can be served as a main dish alongside salads, roasted vegetables, or bread. Customize your serving options based on the occasion and personal preferences.
- Storage and Reheating: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat individual slices in the oven or microwave until heated through.