Those corn fritters are perfect if you’re in the mood for a crispy and savory treat that is easy to make. With just a handful of ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these delicious fritters that are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a tasty side dish.
Are you ready for a delicious recipe that’s as easy as 1-2-3 (and 4)? Get ready for some serious flavor with my 4 Ingredient Corn Fritters recipe!
With just a handful of ingredients, you can whip up some seriously scrumptious corn fritters that are perfect for any meal of the day. These little guys are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and packed with sweet corn flavor that will have your taste buds dancing.
To make these fritters, all you need is a little bit of yogurt, an egg, self-rising flour, and of course, some delicious corn. That’s it! No fuss, no muss, just pure, simple goodness that’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, or any time you’re craving a little something sweet and savory.
Now, let’s talk about the star ingredient of this recipe – corn! Corn is a versatile and delicious ingredient that can be used in so many different dishes, from salads to soups, and of course, fritters! The sweet and juicy kernels add a burst of flavor and texture to these fritters, making them the perfect treat for any corn lover out there.
When it comes to making these fritters, the key is to get the right consistency. You want a batter that’s thick enough to hold together, but not too thick that it’s hard to work with. That’s where the yogurt comes in – it adds a creaminess to the batter that makes it easy to mix and form into patties.
And don’t forget about the self-rising flour! This special flour already contains baking powder and salt, so you don’t have to worry about adding them separately. It saves time and ensures that your fritters will turn out perfectly every time.
These 4 Ingredient Corn Fritters are a crowd-pleaser that’s sure to be a hit at any gathering. They’re easy to make, packed with flavor, and perfect for any occasion. So go ahead, give this recipe a try, and let me know in the comments what you think!
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- Easy and quick to make – With just four simple ingredients, this recipe is a breeze to make, even for beginner cooks. Plus, the fritters cook up in just a few minutes, making them a perfect last-minute addition to any meal.
- Delicious and flavorful – The combination of sweet corn, tangy yogurt, and savory self-rising flour creates a delicious and unique flavor that’s sure to be a hit with anyone who tries it. The crispy exterior and soft, tender interior of the fritters also add to their irresistible texture.
- Versatile – These fritters can be served as a side dish, a snack, or even as a main course when paired with a fresh salad or some grilled veggies. They’re perfect for any occasion, from a casual weeknight dinner to a fancy brunch.
- Healthy – With the use of yogurt and self-rising flour, this recipe is a healthier alternative to traditional fried fritters. Plus, corn is a great source of fiber and nutrients, making these fritters a guilt-free indulgence.
- Customizable – This recipe is easy to customize to your liking. You can add your favorite herbs and spices, such as garlic powder or paprika, to give the fritters an extra kick. You can also experiment with different types of corn, such as fresh, frozen, or canned, depending on what’s available.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Corn. I used frozen corn but if you’re in the season of the corn, you can use fresh corn for an even better taste. If not, you can substitute frozen corn with canned corn.
- Yogurt. You can replace it with cream or with a mix of milk and lemon juice.
- Self-rising flour. You can replace it with all-purpose flour, baking powder, and a little bit of salt.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
In a large bowl, break an egg and pour the yogurt and salt next to it. Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated well.
After this, add the self-rising flour and homogenize the ingredients again.
Now add the corn.
Mix well one last time.
Take a frying pan, and pour a little bit of oil into it.
After this, using a large spoon, take the mixture that you just made and pour it on the pan in different places forming fritters.
Quick Note: Consider leaving some space between them to avoid sticking the fritters to each other.
Cover with a lid and cook on low heat until the mixture on the surface becomes whiter.
Quick Note: This process should take about 4-5 minutes.
After this, turn them over and cook for another 4-5 minutes on the other side as well under the lid.
Repeat the process until you finish all the dough.
Serve these corn fritters near a sauce based on yogurt or cream.
I decided to serve them with a yogurt base sauce with garlic and dill.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
Dip Them. These fritters are perfect for dipping, so serve them alongside your favorite dipping sauce. Some great options include ranch dressing, salsa, honey mustard, or even a spicy aioli.
Top Them. Add some extra flavor and texture by topping the fritters with your favorite ingredients. Try a dollop of sour cream, some chopped fresh herbs, crumbled bacon, or a sprinkle of grated cheese.
Serve Them as a Side. These fritters make a great side dish for any meal. Serve them alongside grilled chicken or fish, a fresh salad, or some roasted vegetables.
Make Them into a Sandwich. Turn these fritters into a tasty sandwich by placing one or two fritters between two slices of bread or a bun. Add some lettuce, tomato, and your favorite condiments for a delicious and filling meal.
Serve Them for Brunch. These fritters are a perfect addition to any brunch spread. Serve them alongside some scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, and a mimosa or Bloody Mary for a tasty and satisfying brunch.
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- Drain the Corn. If you’re using canned corn, make sure to drain it well before adding it to the batter. Excess liquid can make the batter too runny, resulting in fritters that don’t hold their shape or crisp up properly.
- Don’t Overmix the Batter. It’s important not to overmix the batter, as this can result in tough, rubbery fritters. Mix just until the ingredients are combined and there are no lumps, then stop.
- Use the Right Amount of Oil. Make sure to use enough oil in the pan so that the fritters can cook evenly and turn golden brown. However, you don’t want to use too much oil, as this can result in greasy fritters.
- Heat the Pan Properly. The pan should be heated over medium-high heat before adding the fritters. If the pan is too hot, the fritters will burn quickly on the outside and be raw on the inside. If the pan is too cool, the fritters will soak up too much oil and become greasy.
- Use a Cookie Scoop or Spoon to Form the Fritters. Use a cookie scoop or spoon to form the batter into even-sized patties. This will ensure that the fritters cook evenly and are all the same size.
- Serve the Fritters Hot. These fritters are best served hot, so make sure to cook them just before serving. You can keep them warm in the oven at a low temperature if needed, but they are best enjoyed fresh and hot out of the pan.
🤔 Answering Your Questions:
Can I Use Fresh Corn Instead Of Canned Corn?
Yes, you can use fresh corn instead of canned corn. Simply cut the kernels off of the cob and add them to the batter.
Can I Substitute Regular Flour For Self-rising Flour?
No, it’s best to use self-rising flour for this recipe. The self-rising flour provides the necessary leavening agents to help the fritters rise and become fluffy.
Can I Add Other Ingredients To The Batter, Like Cheese Or Spices?
Absolutely! Feel free to add any additional ingredients you like, such as shredded cheese, chopped herbs, or spices. Just be sure not to add too much or the batter may become too thick.
Can I Make These Fritters Ahead Of Time?
These fritters are best served fresh and hot, but you can make the batter ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for up to a day. Just give it a stir before using, and add a little more liquid if needed.
How Can I Tell When The Fritters Are Done?
The fritters should be golden brown and crispy on the outside, and cooked through on the inside. You can test one by inserting a toothpick into the center – it should come out clean.
I hope this helps answer any questions you may have about making 4 Ingredient Corn Fritters! If you still have some questions regarding this recipe, please let me know in the comments.
📋 Recipe Card:
4 Ingredient Corn Fritters
- 1 cup Corn Frozen
- ½ cup Self-rising flour
- ⅓ cup Yogurt
- 1 Egg
- Take a large bowl, break an egg in it and mix it with yogurt and salt.1 Egg, ⅓ cup Yogurt
- After that add the self-rising flour and mix well until you will homogenize the ingredients.½ cup Self-rising flour
- Add the corn over the previous mixture. Mix well.1 cup Corn
- Pour a little bit of oil in a frying pan and by using a large spoon, pour a few table spoons into the frying pan forming the fritters.
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to form the fritters.