Are you wondering if you can make the pancakes in the Air fryer? Yes! They are super simple to make from scratch, and by making them in the air fryer they will turn perfectly every time. Top them with fruits, berries, honey or your favorite syrup.
There are tons of pancakes mixes that you can buy at the store, but as many of us are considering improving the quality of the food that we are eating, I recommend making more recipes from scratch on your own avoiding the store-bought variants that contain a lot of preservatives and additives.
Making your own pancakes from scratch and avoiding the pancakes mix is simpler than you may think. All we need to do is to mix the all-purpose flour with buttermilk, baking powder, soda, one egg, butter, sugar, and salt. That’s all the ingredients needed for this recipe.
The air fryer version of the pancakes can be a great option if you want your kids to be involved in the kitchen and to help you. From my observations, kids are more likely to eat something if they cooked it by themselves.
Let’s get started!
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- They are healthier than classic pancakes because they are baked but not fried on the pan.
- After you will try to make them from scratch They are a lot healthier than store-bought pancake mix. And as you will see, they are very easy to make.
- It is the perfect solution when you do not have the pan at hand.
- You can make it with simple ingredients.
- It is easier to make all the pancakes similar because the temperature in the air fryer is always constant compared to the pan.
- The air fryer version of this recipe is also a better version than the regular one on the pan when you want to make only one or two pancakes. It will be quicker.
🏆 Tips for Success? How to Make It Better?
- Use a non-stick tray for the air fryer so you won’t need to use cooking spray. If you are not confident in your pan, then use a cooking spray before you will pour the pancake mix into it.
- Serve them while they are still hot near your favorite topping.
- Use buttermilk instead of milk if you want to get fluffy pancakes in the air fryer. For baking soda to make its effects, it needs an acidic component. In our case, it is buttermilk. If we will use milk, the reaction will not take place and the pancakes will be flat.
🥘 Ingredients Needed for This Recipe?
- All-purpose flour.
- Sugar. I added only 3 tablespoons of sugar so that the pancakes didn’t get too sweet because I chose honey as a topping. Adjust the amount of sugar depending on how you plan to serve them.
- Baking powder.
- Baking soda.
- Medium egg.
- Cooking Spray (Optionally).
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
They are perfect to serve with your favorite type of syrup, with jams, honey or why not serve them with a salty topping such as a blue cheese sauce?
Put all the ingredients listed above in a large bowl that will allow you to mix them comfortably and mix well until you have no more lumps.
Pro Tip: Add the baking powder and soda to the mix before you start cooking the pancakes. If you add them too soon and the dough stays for too much, they will lose their effect and the packs will not be as fluffy.
Preheat the air fryer 300°F / 150°C together with the pan in which you will bake the pancakes.
Quick Note: I used a 7″ pan (pick a pan that will fit in your air fryer), but you could also use other smaller pans to make the pancakes in the desired form.
After the air fryer has preheated, remove the pan and pour the pancake mixture in it until you will form a layer of 1/6″. Throw a few blueberries or other fruits on top that you have decided to use.
Put the baking tray in the air fryer at 300°F / 150°C for 7-8 minutes.
Repeat the last steps until you will finish the pancake mix.
In my case, I obtained 6 pancakes using a 7″ pan.
♻️ Storage and Reheating:
If you have made a larger quantity of these pancakes, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
These pancakes are perfect to be frozen after they have been cooked. You can prepare a larger amount of pancakes, divide them into different airtight containers, and keep them in the freezer for up to three months.
If you kept the pancakes in the fridge, you can heat them in the microwave for one minute, or in a preheated air fryer for 2-3 minutes.
If they have been kept in the freezer, put them frozen in the air fryer pan and bake for 5-7 minutes at 300°F / 150°C. Strive not to overlap them pancakes. Distribute them evenly in a single layer to leave space between them for easy air circulation.
📋 Recipe Card:
Delicious Homemade Air Fryer Pancakes
- Put all the ingredients for the pancake mix in a bowl and incorporate them well until the composition will not have lumps.3/4 cup Buttermilk, 1 cup All-purpose Flour, 3 tablespoon Cane Sugar, 1 teaspoon Baking Powder, 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda, 1 piece Egg, 1/2 teaspoon Salt, 2 tablespoon Butter
- Preheat the air fryer together with the pan in which you will bake the pancakes.
- Sprinkle the preheated tray with cooking spray
- Pour the homemade pancake mix in the pan until you will form a 1/6 "thick layer.Cooking Spray
- Optionally, you can add berries or other toppings that you prefer in pancakes.
- Put the tray back in the air fryer and bake the pancakes for about 6-8 minutes at 300°F (150°C).
- Repeat the last 3 steps until you finish the whole pancake mix.
- Optionally, before serving you can decorate the pancakes with fruits, honey, syrups and other toppings that you prefer.
- From the indicated ingredients, I obtained 6 pancakes 7″ in size.
- The timings are for the Cosori Air Fryer 5.8QT. If you have another model, (especially a smaller one) the timing may differ. Please adjust the timing accordingly to your air fryer model.