Get ready for a delicious and healthy dip with our 4-ingredient Spinach Dip recipe! Fresh spinach, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and garlic come together to create a tasty and versatile dip that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a tasty snack, this dip is sure to please.
This recipe is incredibly easy to make and can have it ready in no time. All you will need to do is to chop the spinach and mix it with crushed garlic, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese.
After you mixed everything, transfer the mixture to a baking dish and pop it in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
It is worth mentioning that besides the delicious taste of this dish, it is also a healthy one.
Spinach is a great source of vitamins and minerals and it is great for those who are looking to lose weight as it is low in calories.
The cream cheese and cheddar cheese add a creamy and cheesy texture to the spinach dip, while the crushed garlic adds a nice kick of flavor that combines perfectly with the rest of the ingredients.
The 4-ingredient spinach dip is perfect for serving as an appetizer or as a side dish for a casual meal. It’s a crowd-pleaser that will have everyone coming back for more.
If you want to go the extra mile, you can use this recipe as a base and customize it by adding your favorite herbs or spices to give it a unique twist.
A few great options will be to add some fresh parsley, basil, or dill. If you want to add a little bit of heat, add a few red pepper flakes.
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- It is very easy to make. All you need to do is to mix the ingredients and bake them. It’s perfect for busy weeknights or last-minute gatherings.
- The combination of fresh spinach, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and garlic creates a tasty and irresistible dip that everyone will love.
- Spinach is a great source of vitamins and minerals, and this dip is a delicious way to incorporate more of it into your diet.
- This dip can be served with a variety of dippers, you can serve it with crackers, bread, chips, or even veggies. Also, you can use it as a spread on sandwiches or as a topping for baked potatoes.
- This dip is perfect for any occasion, from casual get-togethers to formal parties, it will be a crowd-pleaser.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Spinach. I used fresh spinach, but you can just as easily use frozen spinach. If you use frozen spinach, you won’t need to chop it finely.
- Cream Cheese.
- Cheddar Cheese. If you don’t have it on hand, you could replace it with another cheese that you prefer. You could get an interesting taste if you will use a cheese like gorgonzola.
- Garlic. If you don’t like the intense taste of garlic, you could replace it with dry garlic because it has a weaker aroma. Or you could omit it altogether and use other aromatic spices or herbs such as basil, oregano, thyme, or rosemary.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
Wash the spinach well and remove all the excess water after that.
Finely chop the spinach and put it in a large bowl where it will be convenient for you to mix all the ingredients later.
Mash or grate the garlic and add it on top of the spinach along with the cheddar cheese and cream cheese.
Mix the composition well until you get a uniform mass.
After this, put the composition in a heat-resistant bowl, and bake it in the oven for 35 minutes at a temperature of 350°F.
Spinach dip will be ready when it will get a golden crust on the surface and on the inside, the cheese will be melted and creamy.
Serve it next to some croutons.
What to Do With Leftovers?
If you have leftovers that you didn’t manage to eat, you could use them as a filling in sandwiches or pies, or even in different buns. It fits perfectly in combination with puff pastry dough.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
Serve the dip warm for best results, but if you want to serve it cold you can make it ahead of time and refrigerate it, but let it sit out of the fridge for a bit before you serve it to let it reach room temperature.
You can serve the spinach dip with crackers, bread, chips, or even veggies like carrot sticks and bell pepper slices. Something that will allow you to soak in the spinach dip.
You can also use it as a spread on sandwiches or as a topping for baked potatoes. The possibilities are endless! So don’t wait any longer, try out this recipe today
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- For the best flavor and texture, consider using fresh spinach. If you don’t have fresh spinach and you plan to go with frozen spinach, make sure to thaw it properly and squeeze out any excess water before using it.
- Garlic can be strong, so be careful not to add too much. Start with 1-2 cloves and add more to taste.
- Use full-fat cream cheese and cheddar cheese for the best flavor and texture. Low-fat versions may not melt as well and may affect the overall taste.
- Preheat the oven before baking the dip, this will allow the cheese to melt and get bubbly quickly. Also, don’t overbake the dip, it should be golden brown on top and bubbly.
♻️ Make Ahead, Storage and Heating:
Can I Prepare It Ahead?
You can mix it one day before and the next day when the guests will come, just to bake it.
How Long Does It Last in the Fridge?
If you will keep it in an airtight container, you can keep the spinach dip for up to 4 days in the refrigerator without losing too much of its original taste.
Can You Freeze the Spinach Dip?
You can easily freeze it for 6 months in an airtight container. After this, let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
How to reheat it?
The best way to reheat the spinach dip is to use the oven or the microwave.
📋 Recipe Card:
4-Ingredient Spinach Dip
- 1 lb Cream Cheese
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 7 oz Spinach
- 8 oz Cheddar Cheese
- Chop the spinach7 oz Spinach
- Mix the spinach with crushed garlic, cream cheese and cheddar cheese.1 lb Cream Cheese, 7 oz Spinach, 8 oz Cheddar Cheese, 2 cloves Garlic
- Move the mixture on a baking dish.
- Bake it in the oven for 35 minutes at 350°F or until the top will become brown and the cheese from the inside will become creamy and melted.
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- For the best flavor, use fresh spinach.
- Bake the spinach dip until you will get a golden top and the cheese from the inside will melt.
Leave a Reply