Ground beef baked potatoes are a hearty and comforting meal made with potatoes, juicy ground beef, onions, cream, parmesan cheese, and a blend of spices. It is easy to make and is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a weekend gathering.
You should start making this recipe by mixing the ground beef with the spices and leaving the meat to marinate for a while.
In the meantime, you can clean the potatoes, cut them into similar-sized slices, and salt them.
In the end, you should arrange them in a casserole and pour over them the broth you decided to use, cream, and bake them.
For an extra crunchy texture, after the potatoes and ground beef will be cooked, sprinkle some freshly chopped parmesan over them and return them back to the oven until the cheese will melt.
This Ground Beef Potato Bake is a filling and satisfying meal that can be enjoyed on its own or served with a simple salad for a complete and balanced meal.
I love making this dish because it is versatile and you can customize it to your liking.
Best Recipes to Try in The Air Fryer:
You can add additional vegetables, such as bell peppers or carrots, to increase the nutritional value of the dish.
If you prefer a spicier dish, you can add more spices or chili flakes. You can also substitute the cream with a dairy-free alternative for a healthier version.
Whether you serve it for a weeknight dinner or for a special occasion, this Ground Beef Potato Bake is sure to impress.
Let’s get started!
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- It’s an easy and straightforward recipe that requires simple ingredients that are easily available in most kitchens.
- Is a hearty and filling dish, making it perfect for a comforting and satisfying meal.
- It is very versatile and you can customize it to your liking, making it suitable for different tastes and preferences.
- It’s a crowd-pleaser, making it a great option for feeding a large group of people or for special occasions.
- Also, if you have some leftovers, you can use them in this recipe.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Potatoes. If you want a healthier option, you could use sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes.
- Ground Beef. You can replace it with another type of minced meat. Such as pork, chicken, or turkey.
- Onions. I used onions to give extra taste and juiciness to the meat. Besides the onion, instead of the onions, you could use grated carrot, pumpkin, leeks, or cabbage.
- Olive Oil. If you use fatty meat, you can omit the oil.
- Cream. I used 18% single cream. You could replace it with milk or heavy cream (36% fat).
- Broth. I used beef broth, but you can replace it with another type of broth you prefer or substitute it with water.
- Seasonings. I used a simple mix of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. You could also add any other spices that you like to use in combination with the meat and potatoes. Some recommendations would be cumin, paprika, chili flakes, dried oregano, or rosemary.
- Cheese. I used freshly shredded Parmesan cheese to add an extra crust and flavor. If you don’t have parmesan cheese at hand, you could replace it with another type of cheese that you like when baking.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
We will start this recipe by finely chopping the onions.
After that, prepare a large bowl in which you will can to mix the meat with onions and the rest of the spices.
Do You Love Your Air Fryer?
Level up your experience even more with these air fryer accessories!
Put the ground meat in that large bowl together with onion, spices, and half the amount of salt (½ teaspoon).
Add a tablespoon of olive oil. Mix well and let the meat marinate a bit.
Meanwhile, let’s prepare potatoes. Cut the potatoes into equal slices of ⅓“ thickness. Pour a tablespoon of olive oil and ¼ teaspoon of salt over the potatoes. Mix them well.
Take a casserole, and sprinkle it with oil to avoid sticking the ingredients to the casserole.
Now, you can arrange them as you want. Just make sure that every slice of potatoes will be in contact with the meat.
I arranged them in a vertical position to look more different.
Quick Note: I used a casserole with a diameter of 8 inches.
Pour the broth on top of the potatoes and ground beef.
Right after that, pour the single cream.
In the end, cover the pan with aluminum foil to avoid burning the top. This also will help with getting uniform baking of all the ingredients.
Leave them to bake for 40 minutes at 350°F (180°C).
After that time, remove the aluminum foil, and bake the potatoes for another 15 minutes to give them a crispier and more browned crust on top.
Now, sprinkle some shredded parmesan on top of the potatoes and return in the oven until the cheese will melt (~5 minutes).
In the end, you will have some perfectly browned potatoes with a crust of cheese on top.
You can serve them as such or near a salad to have a more balanced meal.
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- Pay attention to the type of potatoes that you’re using. If you don’t know what to pick then you can’t go wrong with the Russet potatoes.
- Slice the potatoes thin and evenly to ensure that the potatoes will cook evenly in the oven.
- If you will use sweet potatoes, chicken or turkey meat then reduce the cooking time as they will cook faster.
- The baking time may vary depending on your oven, so make sure to check the dish regularly and remove it from the oven when the potatoes are tender and the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- The recipe calls for a mix of spices, but feel free to adjust them and make the recipe to your liking.
- Serve the Ground Beef Potato Bake immediately after removing it from the oven, while it’s still hot and the cheese is melted.
♻️ Make Ahead, Storage, and Heating:
Can I Prepare It Ahead?
If you don’t mind that the potatoes will become harder after they cool down, you can make them ahead about 1-2 days before serving and keep them in the refrigerator.
How Long Does It Last in the Fridge?
If you will keep the baked potatoes in an air-tight container you can keep them safe in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Can You Freeze them?
If it is not a problem that the potato’s texture will change, you can put them in a well-closed container and keep them in the freezer for up 3 months.
How to Reheat Them?
The easiest method to reheat the ground beef baked potatoes will be to reheat them in the oven or in the microwave oven.
📋 Recipe Card:
Ground Beef Baked Potato
- 4 Potatoes
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Onion Small
- 1 ½ tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ cup Single Cream 18%
- ¼ cup Broth
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan
- Chop finely the onion.1 Onion
- Take a large bowl and put in it the chopped onions, ground beef, olive oil, and spices you diced to use. Mix well and leave the meat to marinate.1 lb Ground Beef, 1 Onion, ½ teaspoon Salt, ½ teaspoon Black Pepper, ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder, 1 ½ tablespoon Olive Oil
- In the meantime, clean the potatoes and slice them into similar-sized slices. Salt them.4 Potatoes, ½ teaspoon Salt
- Arrange the potatoes and ground beef in a casserole. I arranged them vertically to look more interesting.
- Pour over them the broth and cream. Cover the casserole with aluminum foil.¼ cup Broth, ½ cup Single Cream
- Bake them for 40 minutes at 350°F (180°C) in a preheated oven.
- Remove the aluminum foil and bake the potatoes for another 15 minutes to make the top crispier and brownier.
- After that time, sprinkle over some freshly shredded parmesan and cook for another 5 minutes or until the cheese will melt.2 tablespoon Parmesan
- The dish is ready to be served!
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
Leave a Reply