Waffles just got even sweeter with this delicious Sweet Homemade Waffle Sauce recipe. Made with simple ingredients including milk, cream, condensed milk, egg yolks, and a little bit of flour. This sauce is easy to make and will add a touch of decadence to your breakfast.
I love making this homemade waffle sauce for waffles but you can also use it for other breakfast treats.
It is creamy, sweet, and versatile, making it the ideal addition to your morning routine.
Whether you’re looking to add a touch of sweetness to your waffles or pancakes or want to make a simple breakfast feel special, this sauce is a perfect choice.
Even if it may look complicated, the reality is that there are only a few steps in order to make this delicious homemade waffle sauce.
Start by mixing the cane sugar with the egg yolks, then add the flour, cream, and milk. In the end, add the sweetened condensed milk and if you think that the sauce is too thick, you may add a little bit more cream or milk to make it thicker.
With just a few ingredients and a few minutes of your time, you’ll have a delicious and indulgent sauce to top your breakfast treats.
Best Recipes to Try in The Air Fryer:
Start your day on a sweet note with this waffle sauce recipe!
Let’s dive into more details!
Quick Note: Highly recommend reading all the quick notes and pro tips sections if you want to get the best result from this recipe!
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- It is an easy and quick way to elevate the breakfast game. The recipe requires just a few simple ingredients and can be made in a matter of minutes, making it a convenient and accessible option for busy mornings.
- The sauce is versatile and can be used to add a touch of sweetness to a variety of breakfast items, including waffles, pancakes, and more.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Flour. I used all-purpose flour because it is easier to find in any kitchen. If you don’t have the flour at hand, you can replace it with any type of starch.
- Egg Yolks. We are using the egg yolks to give consistency and creaminess to the sauce and you don’t really have anything to replace them with.
- Condensed Milk. I added the sweet condensed milk for a more intense taste of milk. If you don’t have it at hand, you can omit it.
- Milk & Cream. You can use a mix of these two or just one of them.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
Take a pan with a thick bottom, and pour the sugar and egg yolks into it.
Quick note: At this stage, it is not necessary to turn on the heat on the stove. In the next steps, we will only mix the ingredients. If it’s more convenient for you, you can mix them on the table.
Mix well until you get a uniform mass.
Do You Love Your Air Fryer?
Level up your experience even more with these air fryer accessories!
Quick Note: It is important to mix the ingredients immediately as you combined them because if you leave them for some time, the yolk will coagulate and you will get particles that you will not be able to dissolve later.
After this, add the all-purpose flour to the saucepan.
Quick Note: If you prefer the sauce to be more liquid, I suggest you add only ⅔ of the amount of flour called in this recipe.
Mix the composition again until the mass becomes uniform. Thus, you will avoid the formation of lumps.
After you have incorporated the flour, add the milk and cream. Mix all the ingredients again until you will get a uniform mass again.
After you have incorporated all the ingredients, it is time to turn on the heat on the stove to the lowest option.
Leave the sauce to cook until you see the first boiling bubbles.
Quick Note: Cook stirring continuously. You can’t stop mixing, because you risk forming lumps.
After the sauce has boiled, turn off the heat. At this stage, the cream should have a consistency like in the picture below:
After this, add the condensed milk.
Mix everything well until you get a sauce with a uniform consistency again.
If you prefer a sauce with a more liquid consistency, at this stage you can adjust its density, by adding single cream and mixing for the last time.
Quick Note: It is important to keep in mind that after the sauce will cool down, it will become thicker.
Pro Tip: If you plan to serve the sauce after a while, you should cover it with cling film because otherwise, you will get a crust on top of it. To avoid that, put the cling film directly on the sauce, in order to minimize contact with the air and avoid the formation of condensate and unwanted crust.
The sweet waffle sauce is ready to be served and enjoyed!
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- Make sure to whisk the ingredients together thoroughly to ensure a smooth and well-combined sauce. Otherwise, you will get lumps that will ruin the creamy texture of the sauce.
- Heat the sauce over low heat, and stir continuously, to prevent scorching and ensure an even consistency.
- Give it time. It’s important to let the sauce thicken gradually, so be patient and keep stirring over low heat until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Pay attention to the sauce to not boil. If it will start to boil, it will break and may become lumpy.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
The good news about this waffle sauce is that you can use it not only for waffles. Here are a few suggestions for where you can use this delicious sauce.
- Use it as a topping for ice cream, pancakes, or French toast.
- Serve as a dipping sauce for fruit, such as strawberries or bananas.
- Drizzle over cakes or cupcakes for added sweetness.
- Use it as a sweet and creamy filling for crepes.
These are a few simple ideas but feel creative to use this sauce in any way and in any dishes where you think you want to add an extra sweet taste.
📋 Recipe Card:
Easy Homemade Waffle Sauce
- 6 fl oz Cream 10%
- 6 fl oz Milk
- 2.5 oz Cane Sugar
- 1 oz All-purpose Flour
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 4.5 oz Sweet Condensed Milk
- 3 tablespoons Cream Optionally, if you want to thicker the sauce.
- In a saucepan, mix the sugar and egg yolks well.
- Add the all-purpose flour and mix well.
- After this, add the milk and single cream and bring the sauce to a boil over low heat, stirring continuously.
- After this, turn off the heat and add the condensed milk. Mix well.
- Adjust the density of the sauce by adding single cream.
- The wafle sauce is ready to be served.
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- The sauce will cook quite quickly, so don’t stop mixing. If you will not mix it continuously, you may get a sweet omelet.
Leave a Reply