Indulge in the simplicity and bold flavors of our One-Pot Pepperoni Pasta. With minimal cleanup and a combination of garlic, chili flakes, and oregano, this dish offers a quick and satisfying meal that will leave you craving. Get ready for a taste sensation that’s cooked all in one pot!
Hey there, pasta lovers! Today, I’ve got a recipe that will make your taste buds dance and your kitchen rejoice.
Picture this: a steaming pot of flavorful pasta goodness, all cooked up in just one pot.
Yes, you heard me right. No need to worry about a mountain of dishes piling up in the sink. We’re keeping it simple and delicious with our One-Pot Pepperoni Pasta!
Now, let’s talk about the stars of this show.
First up, we’ve got some glorious pasta, the ultimate comfort food. But hey, this isn’t just any ordinary pasta. Oh no, we’re taking it up a notch with some wholemeal pasta, because we care about your health and well-being.
So, get ready to indulge guilt-free!
Next, we’ve got a delightful tomato sauce infused with the rich flavors of garlic. Is your mouth watering yet? But wait, it gets even better!
We’re tossing in some spicy salami, adding a kick of heat and a burst of tantalizing flavor, want to make the dish even spices? Consider adding also a few chili flakes.
Don’t worry, if you’re not a fan of the spice, you can easily control the heat by adjusting the type of salami you’re using and just skip the chili flakes.
Now, I know what you’re thinking. One pot? Is that even possible? Well, my friend, I assure you it is. With this recipe, you can kiss the days of a cluttered kitchen goodbye. Just one pot, a handful of ingredients, and you’re on your way to pasta perfection.
So, if you’re tired of the same old pasta meals and you’re craving something new and exciting, this One-Pot Pepperoni Pasta is just what you need. It’s a dish that combines comfort, convenience, and incredible flavors all in one.
Trust me, once you take a bite of this mouthwatering creation, you’ll be transported to a world of pure culinary bliss. Get ready to fall in love with pasta all over again!
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- With just one pot, you can whip up a delicious and satisfying meal. No need to worry about a sink full of dishes afterward. It’s a hassle-free cooking experience!
- Love a little heat? Or prefer a milder flavor? You’re in control! Adjust the amount of chili flakes to suit your personal taste. It’s the perfect way to add a touch of spice without overwhelming your palate.
- By using wholemeal pasta, you’re opting for a healthier alternative that adds more fiber and nutrients to your meal. It’s a small but meaningful step towards a balanced and nourishing diet.
- The combination of garlic, spicy salami, parmesan, hot peppers, and oregano creates a symphony of flavors in every bite. It’s a tantalizing mix that will have your taste buds dancing with joy.
- If you’re tired of the same old pasta dishes, this recipe will be a breath of fresh air. It’s a unique twist on classic pasta that adds a whole new level of excitement to your culinary repertoire.
- Craving some comfort food that wraps you in a warm embrace? Look no further. This One-Pot Pepperoni Pasta is the ultimate comfort food that will soothe your soul and bring a smile to your face.
- In our fast-paced lives, having a recipe that’s both quick and easy to prepare is a game-changer. You can have a mouthwatering meal on the table in no time, perfect for those busy weeknights.
- Lastly, making this One-Pot Pepperoni Pasta is an experience filled with joy and satisfaction. From the aroma that fills your kitchen to the smiles on the faces of your loved ones, cooking this recipe is a pure delight.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
OUR FAVORITE AIR FRYER
COSORI Air Fryer Pro
Having used the previous model of the Cosori air fryer for all my recipes on the blog, and recently upgraded to this one. It is a must-have addition to any kitchen that aims for healthier and tastier meals.
- Pasta: The foundation of this dish, providing a hearty and satisfying base. You can substitute wholemeal pasta with regular pasta, gluten-free pasta, or even spiralized vegetables like zucchini or sweet potatoes for a low-carb option.
- Tomato Sauce: Adds a luscious, tangy flavor that coats the pasta. You can substitute tomato sauce with marinara sauce, arrabbiata sauce for an extra kick of spice, or even homemade tomato puree with herbs and spices.
- Garlic: Infuses the dish with aromatic goodness and enhances the overall flavor profile. If you’re not a fan of garlic, you can substitute it with a pinch of garlic powder or omit it altogether for a milder taste.
- Spicy Salami: Brings a delightful heat and savory punch to the dish. For a vegetarian or vegan option, you can substitute it with plant-based spicy sausage or even smoked tofu for a different texture and flavor.
- Parmesan: Adds a salty and nutty taste, providing a finishing touch of umami. If you don’t have it at hand, you can consider substituting it with Pecorino Romano, or Grana Padano.
- Chili flakes: Infuses the dish with a fiery kick and adds complexity to the flavor profile. If you prefer milder heat, you can substitute hot peppers with bell peppers, jalapeños or omit the chili flakes altogether.
- Oregano: Provides an earthy, aromatic note that complements the other ingredients. You can substitute oregano with dried basil, a mix of Italian seasonings, or even fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary for a different flavor profile.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
Quick Note: Grab a pan with a thick bottom and high sides because we will not only cook the sauce in it, but also boil the pasta. Hence, we need ample space.
Pour two tablespoons of olive oil into the pan, add the sliced garlic, oregano, and chili pepper. Warm the oil until it starts to emit a delightful aroma of herbs and garlic.
Then add the tomatoes and a cup of water, cover with a lid, and let it simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes.
Add the dry pasta directly into the sauce and stir well. If necessary, add a bit more water, ensuring there’s enough for the pasta to cook in.
Quick Note: If you’re unsure about the required amount of water, don’t rush to add all of it in one go. Gradually add boiled water as the pasta absorbs it during cooking.
Keep an eye on the cooking time indicated on the pasta package. When there are about 3 minutes left to the end of the cooking time, it’s time to add the pepperoni.
Cook until the pasta is perfectly al dente. If it seems like the sauce is reducing too much, don’t hesitate to add a little more water. Turn off the heat and add the Parmesan cheese.
Pro Tip: Don’t leave the heat on after you will add the Parmesan, as it may cause the sauce to split.
Lastly, sprinkle the finely chopped parsley for an extra burst of flavor.
Serve while it’s hot, so you can fully savor the creamy taste of the spicy sauce and the al dente texture of the pasta.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
- Fresh and Crispy Salad: Start off with a fresh and vibrant salad to balance the flavors of the pasta. Toss together a medley of crisp lettuce leaves, juicy cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced cucumbers, and tangy olives. Drizzle it with a zesty vinaigrette made with lemon juice, olive oil, a touch of Dijon mustard, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. This refreshing salad will complement the richness of the pasta and add a lovely contrast to each bite.
- Roasted Vegetables Medley: Give your meal a healthy boost by serving a colorful array of roasted vegetables alongside the pasta. Chop up a variety of seasonal veggies like bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, and cherry tomatoes. Toss them with olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of dried herbs like thyme or rosemary. Roast them in the oven until they’re tender and slightly caramelized. These roasted veggies will bring a burst of sweetness and earthiness to the plate, creating a harmonious balance of flavors.
- Fresh Herb Garnish: To add a pop of freshness and a touch of elegance to your dish, sprinkle it with a generous handful of freshly chopped herbs. Think vibrant basil leaves, fragrant parsley, or even delicate chives. The herbs will not only provide a beautiful visual contrast but also add a burst of herbal fragrance that will awaken your senses with each bite.
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- Al dente Pasta: When cooking the pasta, make sure to follow the package instructions and cook it until it’s “al dente,” which means it has a slight firmness to the bite. This way, it will hold up beautifully in the one-pot cooking process and won’t turn mushy. Remember, we want our pasta to be the star, not a soggy disappointment!
- Stirring with Love: As our One-Pot Pepperoni Pasta simmers away, give it some tender loving care with a gentle stir from time to time. This will ensure that all the ingredients mingle harmoniously, the flavors meld together, and the pasta cooks evenly. Plus, it’s a moment to connect with your culinary creation and infuse it with your positive energy!
- Melting Cheese Bliss: When it’s time to add the parmesan, scatter this luscious cheese on top of the pasta and let it work its melty magic. To achieve a creamy and ooey-gooey texture, cover the pot with a lid for a few minutes. This will create a steamy environment that helps the cheese melt beautifully, coating every strand of pasta with cheesy deliciousness.
- Taste, Adjust, Repeat: Don’t be afraid to be your own taste tester, my darlings! Throughout the cooking process, take little moments to taste and adjust the flavors to your liking. Feel free to add a pinch more salt, a sprinkle of chili flakes for extra heat, or a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to brighten the dish. Cooking is an art, and your taste buds are your trusty guide!
- Garnish with Finesse: When it’s time to plate up, remember that presentation is key! Sprinkle your One-Pot Pepperoni Pasta with a final flourish of freshly chopped herbs, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, or even a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese. These finishing touches not only add visual appeal but also enhance the overall taste experience.
- Share the Love: Lastly, my dear friends, remember that food is meant to be shared and savored together. Gather your loved ones, set the table with care, and enjoy the delicious bounty you’ve created. Share stories, laughter, and heartfelt moments around the dinner table. After all, the true magic of cooking lies in the connections we forge through food.
🤔 Answering Your Questions:
How Spicy Is the Dish With the Spicy Salami and Chili Flakes?
The level of spiciness can be adjusted to suit your taste. The combination of spicy salami and chili flakes adds a moderate level of heat. If you prefer a milder flavor, simply reduce the amount of chili flakes or omit them altogether. For those who love more heat, feel free to increase the amount or even add some fresh chili peppers.
Can I Use Store-Bought Tomato Sauce Instead of Making It From Scratch?
Yes, indeed! Using store-bought tomato sauce is a convenient option. It saves time and still provides a delicious result. Look for a high-quality tomato sauce that suits your taste preferences and use it as a shortcut in this recipe.
Can I Add Vegetables to the One-Pot Pepperoni Pasta?
Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite vegetables to the dish. Sautéed bell peppers, mushrooms, or spinach can be wonderful additions that bring more color, flavor, and nutritional value to the pasta. Just ensure to adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure the vegetables are cooked to your desired tenderness.
Can I Freeze the One-Pot Pepperoni Pasta?
Pasta dishes with tomato sauce and cheese don’t generally freeze well as the texture may become mushy after thawing. It’s best to enjoy this recipe fresh or store any leftovers in the refrigerator for a day or two.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
While this dish is best enjoyed fresh, you can certainly make it ahead of time and reheat it when needed. Keep in mind that the texture of the pasta may change slightly upon reheating. To maintain the best quality, store the pasta separately from the sauce and toppings, and combine them just before serving.
📋 Recipe Card:
One-Pot Pepperoni Pasta
- Grab a deep-sided pan and add two tablespoons of oil, oregano, garlic, and chili pepper. Cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes until it starts to smell pleasant.1 clove Garlic, 1 teaspoon Oregano, Chili Pepper
- Add the tomato sauce and a cup of water, then cover with a lid and simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes.1 cup Marinara Sauce, 1 cup Water
- Add the dry pasta, stir and continue cooking for another 6-7 minutes.6 oz Pasta
- Add the sliced salami, stir, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.½ cup Salami
- Turn off the heat, add the Parmesan and parsley, stir well, and serve while it's hot.¼ cup Parmesan
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- Pasta Choices: Feel free to use your preferred type of pasta for this recipe, such as penne, spaghetti, or fusilli. Adjust the cooking time according to the pasta’s package instructions for the best results.
- Spiciness Level: The heat in this dish can be adjusted to suit your taste. Increase or decrease the amount of chili flakes and spicy salami according to your preference for a milder or spicier flavor profile.
- Cheese Substitutions: While the recipe calls for grated Parmesan, you can substitute it with Pecorino Romano, Grana Padano, or even a vegan cheese alternative for a dairy-free or vegan version.
- Serving Suggestions: Pair your One-Pot Pepperoni Pasta with a fresh salad, garlic bread bruschetta, or roasted vegetables for a complete meal. Don’t forget to garnish with fresh herbs and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan or your preferred cheese.
- Leftovers: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat gently on the stovetop or in the microwave, adding a splash of water or extra sauce if needed, to maintain the pasta’s texture.