Embrace simplicity and indulge in the irresistible charm of these delightful 4-ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies. Transform these humble ingredients into a scrumptious treat that will leave you craving more. Let’s embark on this heavenly journey together, shall we?
Do you ever have those moments where you just NEED something sweet and delicious to satisfy your cravings? Well, I have the recipe for you! I’m talking about the one and only 4 ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies.
Now, I know what you’re thinking, “Only four ingredients? How good these peanut butter cookies can really be?” Trust me, my friends, these cookies are not to be underestimated.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of warm and gooey cookies that will leave you wanting more.
Just pay attention to these magical ingredients: butter, peanut butter, self-rising flour, and brown sugar. That’s it! No need to run to the store for any fancy or hard-to-find items. Gather those four ingredients and prepare to impress yourself and your taste buds.
Now, let’s get into more details!
First things first, let’s talk about the star of the show: peanut butter. Is there anything more comforting than peanut butter’s creamy, nutty goodness? I think not. And when you pair it with butter and brown sugar, well, let’s say you’re in for a real treat.
The self-rising flour in this recipe makes things even easier – no need to worry about adding baking powder or salt. It’s all there in one handy ingredient. And if you’re feeling adventurous, you can even swap out the peanut butter for other nut butter like almond or cashew.
One of the things I love about this recipe is how versatile it is. You can make the cookies as big or as small as you like, depending on your mood.
Feeling indulgent? Go for big, chunky cookies. Want a more subtle treat? Make them smaller and bite-sized. And if you’re feeling really fancy, you can even add in some chocolate chips or chopped nuts for extra texture and flavor.
These cookies are perfect for any occasion – from a cozy night to a fun gathering with friends. They’re also a great treat for anyone with a sweet tooth (like myself) or for those who need a little pick-me-up during the day.
But enough talk – let’s get to baking! This recipe is so simple and straightforward, you’ll be enjoying warm, freshly baked cookies in no time. And the best part? You only need one bowl and a few minutes to mix everything together. Easy peasy!
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- With only four ingredients, this recipe is super simple and straightforward. You don’t need any fancy equipment or cooking skills to whip up a batch of these delicious cookies.
- The preparation time for these cookies is minimal, which means you can have warm, freshly baked cookies in no time. They’re the perfect treat to make on a lazy Sunday afternoon or to satisfy a late-night craving.
- This recipe is highly customizable. You can adjust the size of the cookies, add in extra ingredients like chocolate chips or nuts, or even swap out the peanut butter for another nut butter. The possibilities are endless!
- Let’s be real, there’s nothing quite like the comfort of a warm, freshly baked cookie. And with the combination of butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter, these cookies are sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- This recipe uses simple and affordable ingredients that you likely already have on hand in your pantry. It’s a great option for those who want to bake something sweet without breaking the bank.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Peanut Butter.
- Self-raising Flour. If you don’t have it at hand, you can replace it with a mix of plain flour and baking powder. You should use two teaspoons of baking powder for each 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Demerara Sugar. You can replace demerara sugar with any type of sugar.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
Before we start, leave the butter to soften at room temperature so that later, it will be easier for you to combine the sugar and butter together.
After this, take a deep bowl, and put in the brown sugar and butter. Mix well until you incorporate both ingredients.
After that, add the peanut butter. Mix well.
Add the self-rising flour.
Mix until you incorporate the flour, and you will get a sandy dough that will not stick yet.
At this stage, you will need 1-2 tablespoons of water to help the dough be more sticky and keep its shape. In my case, I added 1 ½ tablespoons of water.
Quick Note: The amount of water depends on the quality of the flour you use.
As soon as you managed to form a ball from the dough, cover it with a film or put it in a bag. Put it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Quick Note: The dough should still be sticky, but at the same time, when you squeeze it in your hand, it should crumble. Because of that, don’t add more than 2 tablespoons of water.
After letting the dough rest, prepare a baking tray and cover it with baking paper.
Remove the dough from the refrigerator and divide it into smaller pieces to form the biscuits. The size of the dough depends on the size of the biscuits you want to get at the end.
In my case, I divided the dough into 12 small pieces.
Quick Note: Leave space between the dough balls because we will flatten them, plus during baking, they will increase in volume even more.
Pro Tip: To simplify the process, and to ensure that all the biscuits will be of the same size, you can use an ice cream scoop and then gently squeeze the dough from your hand to form those dough balls.
Now, press with your palm or press with the bottom of a flat glass lightly over the dough to give them a flat shape.
Quick Note: If the edges crack, you can stick them a little with your fingers to get more perfect and good-looking biscuits.
Preheat the oven and bake the biscuits for 20 minutes at 350°F (175°C).
The cookies will be ready when they get a nice golden color, and the whole surface will have cracks.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and it will become one of your family’s favorite cookies!
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- It’s important to let your butter and peanut butter come to room temperature before mixing them together. This will ensure that the ingredients blend together smoothly and evenly.
- Don’t overmix the dough: Overmixing can cause your cookies to become tough and dry. Mix the dough until everything is just combined, then stop.
- Chill the dough: Chilling the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking can help prevent the cookies from spreading too much in the oven. It also helps the flavors meld together for a more delicious end result.
- Use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat: Lining your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat can prevent the cookies from sticking and ensure that they bake evenly.
- Keep an eye on the cookies while they bake: Oven temperatures can vary, so keep an eye on your cookies while they bake to ensure that they don’t overbake or burn. They should be golden brown around the edges and set in the center.
🤔 Answering Your Questions:
Can I Use Crunchy Peanut Butter Instead of Creamy Peanut Butter?
Absolutely! You can use any type of peanut butter you like in this recipe – creamy, crunchy, natural, or even a flavored variety.
Can I Substitute the Self-Rising Flour With All-Purpose Flour?
Unfortunately, no. Self-rising flour contains baking powder and salt, which gives these cookies their rise and flavor. If you don’t have self-rising flour on hand, you can make your own by combining all-purpose flour with baking powder and salt.
Can I Freeze the Cookie Dough?
Yes! This cookie dough can be frozen for up to 3 months. Simply shape the dough into balls, place them on a baking sheet, and freeze until solid. Then, transfer the frozen dough balls to a freezer-safe bag or container and store in the freezer until ready to bake. You can bake the frozen dough balls without thawing, just add a minute or two to the baking time.
How Long Do These Cookies Stay Fresh?
These cookies will stay fresh for up to 1 week when stored in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also freeze the baked cookies for up to 3 months.
Can I Add Chocolate Chips or Nuts to These Cookies?
Absolutely! Adding chocolate chips or nuts is a great way to customize these cookies to your liking. Simply fold in your desired amount of chocolate chips or chopped nuts into the dough before baking.
📋 Recipe Card:
4 ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Self-raising Flour
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Water
- Bring the butter to the room temperature to be easier for you to combine it together with the sugar.½ cup Butter, ½ cup Peanut Butter
- In a large bowl, mix the brown sugar with the butter.½ cup Butter, 1 cup Brown Sugar
- Add the peanut butter and mix it well with the rest of the ingredients.½ cup Peanut Butter
- Add self-rising flour. Mix well until you will get a sandy dough.1 cup Self-raising Flour
- Use 1-2 tablespoons of water to help the dough to be more sticky.1 tablespoon Water
- Make a ball from the dough and leave it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- After that, take a baking tray, cover it with baking paper.
- Divide the dough into smaller pieces of the same size depending on how big you want to make the biscuits. I divided it into 12 pieces.
- Now, with your palm, lightly press on them to make them flat. If you will notice a few cracks on the dough, you can stick them using your fingers.
- Bake the cookies for about 20 minutes at 350°F (175°C)
- Leave them to rest for 5-10 minutes.
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
Leave a Reply