This chicken pie made from only 4 ingredients is a perfect harmony of simplicity and flavor. With just a handful of ingredients, this easy and quick recipe will have you savoring a delicious homemade pie in no time. Let’s dive in!
Get ready to embark on a flavor-filled adventure with the tantalizing 4 Ingredients only Chicken Pie recipe!
Picture this: succulent rotisserie chicken, cooked to perfection and teeming with savory flavors.
Then, imagine vibrant spinach leaves, adding a pop of freshness and a touch of earthiness to the dish. And of course, creamy cream cheese, decadently melts into the mix, creating a luscious texture that will make your taste buds dance with delight.
And of course, we can’t forget the star of the show—the flaky, golden pie dough, enveloping this culinary masterpiece with its buttery embrace.
Can you almost taste it?
Well, get ready to indulge, because this recipe is an absolute breeze! No need to stress over complicated cooking techniques here—just four simple ingredients will have you savoring a mouthwatering masterpiece in no time.
Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a kitchen novice, this recipe will guide you effortlessly through the steps, ensuring a delicious outcome every time.
So roll up your sleeves, my food-loving friends, because we’re about to dive into a culinary experience that will have you craving seconds (and maybe even thirds!).
The beauty of this recipe lies not only in its simplicity but also in its ability to deliver a dish bursting with flavors and textures.
It’s the kind of recipe that will make you feel like a kitchen wizard, impressing your loved ones with minimal effort.
Imagine the aroma that will fill your kitchen as the pie bakes to perfection, the anticipation growing with each passing minute. And when it finally emerges from the oven, with its golden crust and tempting aroma, you’ll know that something truly special is about to grace your plate.
So gather your ingredients, don your aprons, and let’s get cooking!
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- Simplicity: With just four ingredients, this recipe takes the stress out of cooking. It’s perfect for those busy days when you want a delicious homemade meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
- Time-saving: The recipe is quick and easy to make, saving you valuable time. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner, you’ll appreciate the efficiency of this recipe.
- Bursting with flavor: Despite its simplicity, this recipe doesn’t compromise on taste. The combination of succulent rotisserie chicken, vibrant spinach, creamy cream cheese, and flaky pie dough creates a harmonious blend of flavors that will have your taste buds dancing.
- Versatility: While the recipe calls for specific ingredients, it also leaves room for creativity. You can easily customize the recipe by adding your favorite herbs, spices, or even additional vegetables to make it uniquely yours.
- Presentation: The golden, flaky pie crust combined with the colorful filling makes for a visually stunning dish. It’s a recipe that will impress your family and guests, making it perfect for special occasions or when you want to showcase your culinary skills.
- Comfort food at its best: Chicken pie is a classic comfort food that evokes feelings of warmth and coziness. By making this recipe, you’ll be treating yourself and your loved ones to a hearty and satisfying meal that will nourish both the body and soul.
- Leftovers for the win: This recipe is great for leftovers! You can enjoy the pie for lunch or dinner the next day, either reheated or cold. It’s a versatile dish that keeps on giving.
🥘 Ingredients and Substitutes
- Puff Pastry with Yeast:
- Store-bought puff pastry sheets (without yeast): This alternative will still provide a flaky and buttery crust, similar to puff pastry with yeast. The taste and texture will be quite similar, with a slightly different rise and density.
- Pre-made crescent roll dough: While crescent roll dough has a slightly different texture and taste, it will still yield a flaky and tasty crust for your chicken pie.
- Pie crust dough: Opting for pie crust dough will result in a more traditional, slightly denser crust. The taste and texture will be different, but it will still be delicious.
- Cream Cheese:
- Ricotta cheese: Ricotta has a similar creamy texture to cream cheese but with a slightly different taste. It will add a luscious and mild flavor to your chicken pie.
- Mascarpone cheese: Mascarpone is another creamy and rich alternative to cream cheese. It will impart a delicate and slightly sweeter taste to the dish.
- Greek yogurt: While Greek yogurt won’t provide the same richness as cream cheese, it can add a tangy and creamy element to the filling.
- Rotisserie Chicken:
- Cooked shredded chicken breast: Using cooked shredded chicken breast will maintain the tender and juicy texture of the original rotisserie chicken. The taste will remain similar, but it may be slightly less flavorful without the unique rotisserie cooking method.
- Canned chicken chunks: Canned chicken chunks offer convenience and ease of use. While the taste and texture may differ slightly, they will still provide a protein-packed element to your pie.
- Cooked turkey breast: Substituting with cooked turkey breast will bring a similar flavor and texture to the dish. The taste may have a slightly different poultry flavor, but it will still be delicious in the chicken pie.
- Kale: Kale is a hearty green that will add a slightly different texture and taste to the dish. It offers a robust and earthy flavor, adding depth to the chicken pie.
- Swiss chard: Swiss chard has a slightly milder flavor compared to spinach, with a similar texture. It will provide a slightly different taste profile to your pie.
- Arugula: Arugula offers a peppery and slightly bitter taste, which can add a unique twist to your chicken pie. The texture is delicate and tender, providing a pleasant contrast to the other ingredients.
Quick Note: Remember, these substitutions will introduce some variation in taste and texture, but they can still result in a delicious and satisfying “4 Ingredients Chicken Pie” with your preferred alternatives.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
Wash the spinach thoroughly and pat it dry to remove excess water. After that, take a frying pan, add a little oil to it, and heat the oil.
Once the oil is heated, add the spinach to the pan.
Cook it until it wilts and reduces in volume (2-3 minutes).
Quick Note: If the spinach has released water, drain off the excess liquid.
Turn off the heat and add cream cheese and shredded chicken to the pan.
Stir well until the cream cheese melts and you get a fairly uniform mixture.
Then, taste and adjust with salt and pepper as needed.
Let the mixture cool down, and in the meantime, prepare the pan in which we will bake the tart.
Cut a piece of dough large enough to cover the walls and bottom of the baking dish. Optionally, from the remaining dough, you can cut narrow strips about 1/3″ wide which we will use for decoration.
After that, pour the filling that has cooled down by now into the pan.
Trim off the excess dough around the edges, and then, from the strips we formed earlier, arrange them diagonally on both sides to create a lattice of dough.
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and bake the pie for about 35 minutes.
Quick Note: When the dough is nicely browned both on the surface and at the bottom of the pan, the pie is ready to be served.
Let it cool a bit and serve the pie while it’s still warm. In this way, you can fully savor the delicate and creamy taste of this pie.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
- Family Feast: Gather your loved ones around the table and make this chicken pie the star of a cozy family dinner. Serve it alongside a fresh green salad tossed with a zesty vinaigrette, adding a refreshing contrast to the savory pie. The combination of warm, flaky crust and creamy filling will have your family indulging in pure comfort and happiness.
- Picnic Delight: Take your chicken pie on an adventure by packing it for a delightful picnic. Wrap individual slices in parchment paper and enjoy them alfresco. Add some crunchy vegetable crudités, such as carrot sticks, cucumber slices, and cherry tomatoes, to create a vibrant and refreshing accompaniment. The mix of flavors and textures will make your picnic a memorable occasion.
- Brunch Extravaganza: Who said chicken pie can’t be a brunch superstar? Serve this delectable dish at a weekend brunch gathering and watch your guests’ faces light up. Pair it with a colorful fruit salad, featuring juicy berries, sliced tropical fruits, and a sprinkle of fresh mint leaves. The balance of sweet and savory will create a brunch experience that is nothing short of extraordinary.
- Party Pleaser: Turn your chicken pie into an irresistible party pleaser that will leave your guests craving more. Cut it into bite-sized squares or triangles for easy, handheld portions. Arrange them on a platter with a selection of zesty dipping sauces, such as tangy barbecue or creamy ranch. The combination of flavors will have your guests mingling and celebrating with every delectable bite.
- Potluck Winner: Need to bring a dish to a potluck or gathering? The “4 Ingredients Chicken Pie” is a guaranteed winner. Prepare it in a disposable baking dish for convenience and ease. When serving, garnish it with fresh herbs, like parsley or chives, for a touch of color and freshness. This comforting pie will be the star of the potluck, earning you compliments and requests for the recipe.
🏆 Expert Tips. What to Pay Attention To?
- When working with puff pastry, remember to thaw it properly according to the package instructions. This will ensure that it rolls out smoothly and bakes up beautifully flaky. And here’s a little secret: for an extra touch of indulgence, brush the pastry with a beaten egg before baking. It will give your pie crust a golden sheen that will make you swoon with delight.
- To achieve a velvety and creamy filling, make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature. Softened cream cheese blends more easily with the other ingredients, resulting in a smooth and luxurious texture. So, take a moment to let it reach the perfect temperature before diving into the mixing process.
- When selecting your chicken, opt for rotisserie chicken with tender and juicy meat. Remember to remove the skin and shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces. This will ensure that every bite of your chicken pie is packed with flavor and tenderness.
- When sealing your pie, press the edges of the pastry together gently, using the tines of a fork or your fingertips. This will help create a tight seal, preventing any delicious filling from escaping during the baking process. Plus, it adds a charming rustic touch to your pie’s appearance.
- Bake your chicken pie in a preheated oven according to the recipe instructions. Keep an eye on it as it bakes, ensuring that the crust turns a beautiful golden brown and the filling is heated through. Remember, each oven is unique, so adjust the timing if needed to achieve that perfect balance of a crisp crust and a bubbling filling.
- Once your chicken pie is out of the oven, resist the temptation to dive right in! Give it a few minutes to rest and cool slightly. This allows the flavors to meld together and makes it easier to slice and serve. Trust me, the anticipation will make each bite all the more rewarding.
🤔 Answering Your Questions:
Can I Use Frozen Puff Pastry Instead of Puff Pastry With Yeast?
Absolutely! Frozen puff pastry can be used as a convenient alternative. Just make sure to follow the package instructions for thawing before using it in the recipe.
Can I Use Leftover Cooked Chicken Instead of Rotisserie Chicken?
Of course! Leftover cooked chicken, such as shredded chicken breast or even cooked turkey breast, can be a great substitute for rotisserie chicken. Just ensure the chicken is well-seasoned and tender to bring delicious flavors to the dish.
Can I Prepare the Pie in Advance and Bake It Later?
Yes, you can! You can assemble the pie ahead of time, cover it well with plastic wrap or foil, and refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake. Just remember to adjust the baking time accordingly, as a chilled pie may need a few extra minutes in the oven.
Can I Freeze the Chicken Pie for Later Use?
Absolutely! Once baked and cooled, you can freeze the chicken pie for future enjoyment. Wrap it tightly in foil or place it in an airtight container before freezing. When you’re ready to enjoy it, simply thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat it in the oven until warmed through.
Can I Make Individual-Sized Pies Instead of One Large Pie?
Certainly! If you prefer individual servings, you can use smaller baking dishes or ramekins to create individual-sized chicken pies. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly, as smaller pies may require less time in the oven.
📋 Recipe Card:
4 Ingredients Chicken Pie
- 8 oz Rotisserie Chicken
- 5 oz Cream Cheese
- 5 oz Spinach
- 12 oz Puff Pastry with Yeast
- Wash the spinach and remove all the excess water from it.5 oz Spinach
- Place it in a pan and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it wilts and reduces in volume.
- Turn off the heat, add the cream cheese and the shredded chicken. Mix the ingredients well.5 oz Cream Cheese, 8 oz Rotisserie Chicken
- Taste and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Next, prepare the dough base. Cut a piece of dough large enough to cover the bottom and sides of your baking pan.12 oz Puff Pastry with Yeast
- Optionally, you can also cut some strips of dough that you'll use to decorate the top of the pie. With a knife, trim off any excess dough from the edges.
- Once the filling has cooled down a bit, pour it over the dough in the pan.
- Then, using the dough strips you made earlier, create a lattice over the top of the pie.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and bake the pie for about 35 minutes.
- The chicken pie will be ready when both the surface and the base of the dough will become nicely browned.
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- Thaw puff pastry according to package instructions before use. For a golden crust, brush the pastry with beaten egg before baking.
- To achieve a smooth and creamy filling, ensure that the cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing with other ingredients.
- Use tender and juicy rotisserie chicken, shredded into bite-sized pieces. Remove the skin for a healthier option.
- Rinse spinach thoroughly and remove tough stems before incorporating into the pie. Blanching or sautéing the spinach can enhance its color and texture.
- Feel free to customize the recipe by adding herbs, spices, or additional vegetables. Explore substitutions like ricotta cheese or Greek yogurt for cream cheese. Experiment and make it your own!
- Press the edges of the pastry together gently to ensure a tight seal, preventing any filling from leaking during baking.
- Bake in a preheated oven as per the recipe instructions. Keep an eye on the pie to achieve a golden crust and ensure the filling is heated through.
- Allow the pie to rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving. This allows the flavors to meld and makes it easier to handle.