Are you looking for a crowd-pleaser appetizer? Try these Delicious Cream Cheese Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers that you can make just in under 30 minutes. You will need only 7 ingredients for this amazing recipe. Ideal for any party or family gatherings. Also, this recipe is a low-carb and keto-friendly appetizer.
These healthy stuffed peppers will surprise your family and guests with how tasty they are. They are so delicious that these peppers will disappear from the plates in silence in just a few minutes.
This recipe is gluten-free and if you will use vegan cheeses, you can make it easily vegan.
Another thing that you will like about those stuffed sweet peppers is that you can make them 1-2 days ahead and bake them when you’re ready to serve them.
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- Its an appetizer that is very tasty and easy to make.
- You can serve them, raw, warm, or at room temperature.
- You can add different spices and aromatic herbs into the filling to make the recipe more personalized.
🏆 Tips for Success? How to Make It Better?
- For a little bit of crunch, add crushed walnuts over the peppers.
- You can wrap the sweet peppers in bacon.
- Pick bell peppers of the same size. This will help you to cook all of them evenly, avoiding overcook some of them and undercook anothers.
- Pick mini bell peppers of different colors to make the dish more attractive on the plate.
- Love spicy food? Use jalepenno peppers instead of bell peppers.
OUR FAVORITE AIR FRYER
COSORI Air Fryer Pro
Having used the previous model of the Cosori air fryer for all my recipes on the blog, and recently upgraded to this one. It is a must-have addition to any kitchen that aims for healthier and tastier meals.
🤔 How to Scale the Recipe up and Down?
This is a simple recipe, so, just increase or decrease the amount of the ingredients proportionally.
I will recommend to cook a bigger portion than you initially planned because they are so tasty, that they will disappear from the table very quickly. Everyone will love them.
🕒 How Long Does It Take to Make These Stuffed Peppers?
If you’re limited on time, you can make the filling and serve them raw. You will need only 10 minutes for these mouth-watering appetizers.
If you have some more time, I will advise baking them. This will take you another 20 minutes.
In both cases, you can have a quick and easy snack that you can put on the table in under 30 minutes.
🥘 Ingredients Needed for This Recipe?
- 4 Baby Bell Peppers.
- 1 Cup of Cream Cheese.
- 1 Cup of Cheddar Cheese.
- 1 Tablespoon of Capers.
- ¼ Teaspoon of Dried Oregano.
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- ¼ teaspoon Black Cumin Seeds.
🥦 Ingredients Swap?
- Bell Peppers. If you’re ok with spicy food, you can use jalapeno peppers instead.
- Cheddar Cheese. You can replace it with mozzarella cheese, monterey jack, or pepper jack.
- Capers. If you can’t find capers, you can substitute them with green olives.
- Oregano. You could replace it with basil.
- Black Cumin Seeds. You can use bagel seasonings or sesame seeds instead.
These mini sweet peppers can be stuffed with a lot of ingredients. These are a few or possible combinations:
- Make them spicy. Give it a spicy taste by using jalapeno peppers instead of mini sweet peppers.
- Bacon-Wrapped. You can use bacon slices and wrap the mini sweet peppers in them. Or, you can just add finely crumbled bacon into the filling.
- Add meat. Also, you can consider adding cooked ground beef or sausage to the filling. Make sure that the meat is fully cooked before you will mix the cream cheese.
- Add Garlic. If you love garlicky dishes, you can add two minced garlic cloves into the filling.
- Italian stuffed peppers. Add into the filling crumbled Italian sausage, mozzarella, and some Italian seasonings.
- Mexican stuffed peppers. Use chicken or ground beef and taco seasoning instead.
- Greek stuffed peppers. Use ground turkey, a mix of greek seasoning, cream cheese, and instead of cheddar, use goat cheese.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
While you can serve this yummy appetizer raw, warm, or even at room temperature as such, you can serve them also near other finger food dishes. Consider serving them near some Sweet Chili Glazed Chicken Wings, Parmentier potatoes, Zucchini chips with parmesan, or onion rings.
Prepare the Filling
Take a large bowl, and combine in it all the ingredients for the cream. I used Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, capers, and dried oregano. Mix well all the ingredients and our filling is ready.
Quick Note: Either brick-style (US) or spreadable (UK) will work fine for this recipe. If you’re using brick-style cream cheese, leave the package at room temperature for about 20-30 minutes. The cream cheese will become softer and it will be easier for you to mix it with the rest of the ingredients.
Prepare the Bell Peppers.
After that, prepare the bell peppers. Wash them well in cold water.
Cut the mini bell peppers in half to form small boats, and remove the seeds and other excesses.
Combine Everything All Together.
Take a spoon and generously fill each halved mini pepper with the previously made filling. Drizzle over them with oil and sprinkle on top the seeds you have decided to use.
I pick black cumin seeds for the contrast. You could also use everything bagel seasoning.
Pro Tip: Optionally, you can sprinkle some more additional shredded cheddar cheese over the peppers to get a nicer crispy texture in the end.
If you prefer to eat them raw, then you can stop at this step and stuffed sweet peppers are ready to be served. However, I advise you to try them at least once baked.
If you decided to cook them, preheat the oven at 350°F (180°C) and cook them for 20 minutes.
Serve them as such, or you can additionally garnish them with chopped green onions or parsley. Also, you may consider adding a few crushed walnuts for the texture.
♻️ Make Ahead, Storage and Heating:
Can I Prepare Them Ahead?
Yes, you can. You can fill the bell peppers and keep them in the fridge for up to 1-2 days. When is needed, cook them in the oven or air fryer.
How to Store Them in the Fridge?
Let the stuffed bell peppers cool down, and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How to Heat them?
You can warm them in the oven, microwave, or even in the air fryer.
🤔Answering Your Questions:
How Long Do You Cook Mini Stuffed Peppers?
Usually, I cook them in the oven for 20 minutes at 350°F (180°C).
Are Mini Sweet Peppers the Same as Bell Peppers?
Generally, yes. Mini sweet peppers are sweeter and smaller in size. Because of that, they are used usually more often for snacks or appetizers.
What Other Filling Can You Fill in the Mini Peppers?
You can fill them with almost anything that is small enough to fit in them.
Can I Use Goat Cheese Instead of Cream Cheese?
Yes, you can easily replace the cream cheese with others that you prefer.
Can I Make the Stuffed Bell Peppers With Cream Cheese in the Air Fryer?
Yes. You can. Repeat the same steps and instead of the oven, put them in the air fryer basket and cook them at 380°F (190°C) for about 7-10 minutes.
📋 Recipe Card:
Baked Bell Peppers Stuffed With Cream Cheese
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove from them the seeds and other exceses like ribs.4 pieces Mini Bell Peppers
- Take a bowl and mix the cream cheese filling.8 oz Cream Cheese, 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, 1 tablespoon Capers, ¼ teaspoon Oregano, Salt, 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Take a spoon and fill the bell peppers with our cream cheese filling.
- Pour over black cumin seeds or bagel seasonings.¼ teaspoon Black Cumin Seeds
- Preheat the oven at 350°F (180°C) and cook them for 20 minutes.
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- Use similar-sized bell peppers to cook all of them evenly.
- If your cream cheese is brick-style, leave it at room temperature for 20-30 minutes until it will become softer and it will be easier for you to mix it with the rest of the ingredients.