Using a few spices and a bag of frozen green beans that you can keep always in the freezer you can make a delicious side dish in only 13 minutes. Lightly spicy with a bit of crispy texture or cook them as tenderly as you like. Toss the frozen green beans with your favorite seasonings and get a delicious side dish on the table in the shortest time.
If you’re looking for a delicious recipe for how to cook a bag of frozen green beans into the air fryer, this is the perfect recipe. By adding the chili flakes and black pepper, we will get a slightly spicy taste that will make our side dish different from the basic recipe.
Sure, if you are currently in season, you can cook easily the fresh green beans, but as the summer is over, it’s time to start thinking about the winter reserves and to share with you a few recipes that you can make from frozen ingredients.
You can look for some sales when they will be just under a dollar and keep a few bags in your freezer. They are a lifesaver when you need to pair a delicious chicken with a quick and easy side dish. Also, another quick side dish is to make some spicy broccoli in the air fryer.
All you will need for this recipe is to toss a bag of frozen green beans with a little bit of oil, or melted butter, a few spices that you like, and to put all the ingredients in the air fryer for a little bit more than 10 minutes.
🍳 Can You Cook Frozen Green Beans?
Yes, you can and you will get a similar result as the fresh ones. Keep always a bag in the freezer, and you can cook them spontaneously when you’re limited in time.
Love cooking from frozen? Consider also Delicious Asparagus in Air Fryer (From Frozen).
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- It is budget-friendly. You can find a bag of frozen green bags near one dollar.
- It cooks very easily and quickly. Toss a bag of frozen green beans with spices and olive oil and in about 10 minutes you will have a delicious side dish on the table.
- You can keep the frozen beans in the freezer and cook them spontaneously.
- You can vary the spices to get different tastes.
- It’s a versatile side dish and easy to combine with other main dishes.
- These air fryer green beans are gluten-free, low carb, and low calories.
🏆 Tips for Success? How to Make It Better?
- Don’t be afraid to add butter, oil, or more spices.
- As an option, after you put the air-fried green beans on the plate, sprinkle grated parmesan on top as long as they are hot.
- Or, if you are a garlic lover, you could add a clove of garlic over the hot beans. Why hot? because garlic needs a higher temperature to open the taste more easily.
🤔 How to Scale the Recipe Up and Down?
This is a simple recipe, so increase or decrease the recipe quantity proportionally. The only thing that I will suggest, is to put the frozen green beans in a thick layer in the air fryer basket. If you want more servings, just cook them in a few batches.
🥘 Ingredients Needed for This Recipe?
- 1 lb (450 g.) of frozen green beans.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- 1/8 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried onions
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried garlic
- 1 fl. oz. of olive oil.
🥦 Ingredients Swap?
- Frozen beans. You can use fresh green beans, just shorten the cooking time to 5-7 minutes. Before seasoning, trim the ends of the beans.
- Olive oil. You could replace it with melted butter.
- Spices. You could skip the spices you don’t have or can’t find and replace them with others you prefer.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
This side dish is very versatile and it will go well with all of your favorite chicken, meat, fish, or seafood dishes. Here are some combinations that you can’t go wrong with:
- Air Fryer Chicken Quarters or Drumsticks
- White Fish Fillet
- Dorade Fish
- Sweet Chili Chicken Wings
- Roasted Whole Chicken
- Orange Chicken in Air Fryer
- As I said, you may consider sprinkling the beans in the end with parmesan.
- You can go with a simpler variant with fewer spices.
- Consider adding corn to the air fryer basket to obtain a sweetener taste.
- You may consider also adding small pieces of bacon and garlic above the beans.
👩🍳 Step-by-step Directions
Put the frozen beans in a bowl and pour over them the spices and oil. Mix all the ingredients well and put them in the air fryer.
Quick Note: You don’t need to thaw the frozen green beans before cooking.
Cook the frozen green bean for about a total time of 12 minutes at 400°F (200°C). Timing depends on how roasted you want them.
When the timer will pass in half (on minute 6 in our case), remove the air fryer basket, shake it to rotate, and change the position of the green beans. This will help us to cook the beans evenly on all sides.
Quick Note: Keep in mind that the cooking time may differ from one air fryer manufacturer to another one, by the size of the air fryer and by the quantity of green beans that you will put in. In this recipe, I used Cosori Air Fryer 5.8QT and I used 1lb of frozen green beans. If you have a smaller air fryer, consider cooking the frozen green beans in a few batches.
If you want, you can cook them even more for a few additional minutes and to make them even crispier and serve them as a snack. Just be with an eye on them and check the air fryer basket every minute in the end.
What I like about the air fryer most is that it allows you to check the food very quickly and easily and to adjust the timing and the temperature if needed.
♻️ Make Ahead, Storage and Heating:
Can You Make Them Ahead of Time?
They are so quick and easy to make that I will not recommend doing them ahead. I will suggest cooking them freshly and enjoying them as they will be ready.
How Long Does the Beans Last in the Fridge?
You can keep the green beans for up to 3 days in a well-closed container in the fridge.
How to reheat the Green Beans?
You can heat the green beans in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, or in a preheated air fryer for 2-3 minutes.
🤔 Answering Your Questions:
Do I need to thaw the frozen green beans before cooking them in the air fryer?
No, you can cook frozen green beans directly in the air fryer without thawing them first.
How long do I need to cook frozen green beans in the air fryer?
You will need to cook the frozen green beans in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes at 375°F (190°C) until they are crispy and tender.
Can I add other vegetables to the frozen green beans in the air fryer?
Yes, you can add other vegetables such as carrots, onions, or bell peppers to the frozen green beans for a tasty vegetable medley. Just ensure that they have a similar cooking time. Otherwise they will cook differently.
📋 Recipe Card:
Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- Put the frozen beans in a large bowl to be easier for you to mix the beans.1 lb Frozen Green Beans
- Pour over the beans the black pepper, chili flakes, dried onions, garlic and olive oil. Mix well all the ingredients.¼ teaspoon Black Pepper, ⅛ teaspoon Chili Pepper Flakes, ½ teaspoon Dried Onions, ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder, 1 fl. oz. Olive Oil, ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Put everything in the air fryer in a layer not too thick for about 12 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- The green beans cooked in the air fryer are ready to be served.
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- You don’t need to thaw the frozen green beans before cooking.
- Remove and shake the basket when the timer on the air fryer will pass on half.
- In the last minutes, check the beans regularly to get them exactly as you prefer them to eat.
- Please take into count that the cooking time may differ from the quantity of the frozen green beans that you will put in the air fryer basket, from the size of the basket (the smaller size will cook faster) and the heating method also may differ from one air fryer manufacture to another.