Homemade air fryer chicken patties that we will make from scratch with simple ingredients. All you will need for these yummy chicken patties are ground chicken meat, onions, cheddar cheese, cream, and seasonings. Ideal to use for healthy burgers, sandwiches, or serve the chicken burgers near your favorite side dish.
If you want to opt for healthier food and not just use some frozen chicken patties, then I highly recommend you make your own no breading raw chicken patties for your family from quality ingredients and without any additional preservatives.
Making your own healthy chicken cutlets at home can be easier and quicker than you think. You will have them on the table in just 30 minutes. Start-to-finish.
Then you can enjoy them as is with some sauces, near some side dishes, or make delicious homemade burgers.
Quick Note: If you want to make a healthy burger, then I highly recommend also making your own homemade burger buns.
Also, this recipe can get you handy if you have difficulties introducing vegetables to children’s diets. This recipe is the perfect solution. You can add grated carrots or zucchini into the meat mix. The chicken burgers will be so delicious that your kids will not observe the vegetables from the burger patties.
Pro Tip: You can scroll down for the recipe card for quick instructions, or read the entire page for multiple tips and suggestions on how to make the recipe even better.
Best Recipes to Try in The Air Fryer:
How to Cook Chicken Patties in Air Fryer?
- Mix the ground meat with chopped onions, cream, and cheddar cheese. Mix well the ingredients.
- Form 4-6 patties depending on the serving size that you plan to serve.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C) and cook the chicken patties for 15 minutes.
- Remove the air fryer basket and flip the chicken patties on another side.
- Cook them for another 5 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- Serve them near a side dish or on a burger buns.
🥰 Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- It’s healthier than store-bought frozen burgers. It doesn’t use any perservatives.
- You can adjust the fat and jucicy level of the chicken patty cooked in the air fryer.
- You can use different spices and to make it exactly to your taste.
- It is a quick recipe. You will need only 30 minutes. From start to finish.
- If you have kids, this recipe is a perfect fit for them. You can add also some vegetables into the meat mix.
🏆 Tips for Success? How to Make It Better?
- Use a mix of chicken thighs with chicken breasts to control the fat levels and the juciess level you want to obtain. If you want to obtain juicier chicken patties, increase the ratio of chicken thighs. The downside is that you also will get more fats. If you want to reduce the fats, you should add more chicken breasts than thighs, but you will lose a little bit from the juiciest meat.
- Make all the chicken cutlets the same size to make sure that all of the patties will be cooked in the same way avoiding overcooking some of them and undercooking anothers.
- If you use a smaller air fryer, consider cooking the chicken burgers in a few batches for the best results. Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket.
- Flip the chicken cuttlets to get a nice texture and golden color on both sides.
- Use a meat thermometer or cut the burgers into halves to see if the meat is full cooked. It should be white, not pink.
🤔 How to Scale the Recipe up and Down?
This is a simple recipe, so increase or decrease the number of ingredients proportionally. In case you need to cook a larger quantity of chicken burger patties, consider cooking them in a few batches to avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket.
🥘 Ingredients Needed for This Recipe?
One of the things I love about homemade raw chicken patties is that I can control the ingredients I put in them, and I can control also the level of fats and juiciness I want to get in the end. And most important, I can add whatever spices I want into the meat mix.
What Is the Best Meat for Chicken Patties?
If you’re looking for how to make chicken patties better, then consider using a mix of 1:1 of chicken thighs and chicken breast. This will give you the best results between fats and juiciness that you will get in the end.
- Ground Chicken. As I said, I use a mix of 50% chicken thighs and 50% of chicken breast for an ideal balance between fatty and lean meat. You can add into the mix also turkey meat, or even you can use pork or ground beef. I highly recommend making your own ground chicken meat composition because you’re sure about the quality of the meat that was used for this mix.
- Onions. You can skip them if you don’t like the taste of raw onions, or cook the onion initially until they become transparent. And only after that add the cooked onions into the mix.
- Cheddar Cheese. You could use another type of cheese that you prefer. A safe option is to use parmesan cheese for these air-fried chicken patties. The cheese will help the chicken burger patties keep them together.
- Cream. You can replace the cream with milk or even water keeping the same proportions.
- Seasonings. You can also add chili flakes, garlic, or finely chopped parsley. Or just use your favorite mix of spices for the chicken meat.
🍽️ What to Serve with Air Fryer Chicken Patties
Wondering what goes well with these chicken patties? You can serve these chicken patties for burgers, you can eat them as such next to a salad or other garnishes such as Potato wedges, Parmentier potatoes, Caprese salad, Frozen Asparagus in Air Fryer, Nando’s spicy rice, or Air Fryer Smashed Baby Potatoes.
In case if you’re looking for different things to do with chicken patties then consider serving them with homemade caramelized onions and to make some quick sandwiches or delicious burgers.
A Few More Serving Suggestions:
Stuffed Mushrooms Without Cream Cheese
Air Fryer Crispy Eggplant Fries
Air Fryer Parmesan Zucchini Chips with Garlic
Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
👩🍳 Step-By-Step How to Make the Air Fryer Chicken Patties
If you can, I always recommend making your own minced meat at home using a food processor. I used a mix of chicken thighs and chicken breast to get some juicier raw chicken patties. Use a 1:1 ratio.
Do You Love Your Air Fryer?
Level up your experience even more with these air fryer accessories!
When you have the ground meat ready (wondering if you can cook the mince from frozen?), finely chop or grate the onions.
After you have all the ingredients ready, take a large bowl in which it will be easy for you to mix the meat with the rest of the ingredients.
Put in the bowl the grounded meat, onions, cheddar cheese, cream, and spices. Mix well all the ingredients.
Pro Tip: Initially it will seem that the composition is too liquid. Continue to mix it for about 5-7 minutes. During this time, the meat will absorb the liquid excesses. This will allow us to get juicier chicken patties.
After that, divide the meat into 4-6 parts, depending on how big you want to serve the chicken burgers. Keep in mind also the size of your air fryer basket. I’m using a Cosori Air Fryer 5.8QT size and I fitted all the patties at once in it. If you have a smaller air fryer, consider cooking the ground chicken patties in a few batches.
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C), arrange the chicken patty in the air fryer basket and cook the cutlets for 15 minutes.
Quick Note: Keep in mind that the cooking time is only an estimative and may differ from one air fryer model to another because different models use different power, air fryer basket sizes, and heating modes. Because of that, in the last minutes of cooking keep an eye on the air fryer and check the basket from time to time and adjust the timing if needed. Personally, I used the Cosori Air Fryer 5.8QT for this recipe.
After 15 minutes, remove the basket from the air fryer, and flip upside-down the chicken burger patties to give them a golden color on the other side as well. Cook them for another 5 minutes at the same temperature.
The chicken patties are ready to be served. I served them with delicious salsa. You can also use them for delicious homemade burgers.
♻️ Make Ahead, Storage and Heating:
Can I Prepare The Chicken Patties Ahead?
Yes. You can prepare the meat mix one day ahead and cook the meat fresh for the best results. Or to keep the chicken patties in the freezer for up to 3 months and to cook them frozen when you will need them.
How Long Does the Chicken Patties Last in the Fridge?
After the burger chicken patties will cool down, you can put them in a well-closed container and keep them for up to two days in the fridge.
Can You Freeze the Chicken Patties?
Yes. You can freeze the uncooked chicken patties and keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Form the chicken patties, and between the patties put parchment paper to separate them easier after they are frozen. Or you can use small ziplock bags and keep them separately.
When you will need to cook them, there is no need to defrost them before cooking. Just put them directly into the air fryer. As they will be completely frozen, the cooking time will increase by 6 minutes.
How to Reheat the Air-fried Chicken Patties?
You can warm them in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, or in the preheated air fryer at 360°F (180°C) for 3-4 minutes.
How to Make the Chicken Patties Spicy?
You can serve them near a spice sauce like is homemade sweet chili sauce, or add some chili flakes or finely chopped chili peppers into the meat mix.
How Long to Cook Chicken Patties in Air Fryer?
Preheat the Air Fryer to 400°F, arrange the chicken patties in a single layer, and cook them for 15 minutes. After that, remove the air fryer basket, flip the chicken patties and cook them for another 5 minutes on another side.
🐔 Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Are you in love with cooking the chicken in the air fryer? Give it a try and to other air-fried chicken recipes:
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Schnitzel
- Best Air Fryer Chicken Leg Quarters
- Easy Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breast
- Homemade Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Keto Sesame Chicken Legs in Air Fryer
The Difference Between Chicken Patties and Burger Patties?
The burger patties are usually made from beef and a few simple seasonings like salt and black pepper, while the patties, also called “patty” are more complex and use more spices and aromatic herbs and usually are made from pork or poultry. The patties are also thinner and have a higher fat content.
Can You Eat Chicken Patties on Keto?
Yes! As these keto chicken patties in the air fryer are low in carbohydrates and considering that we used fatty ground chicken meat and added extra cream and cheese that is also fat, we get a recipe that is keto-friendly.
📋 Recipe Card:
Homemade Air Fryer Chicken Patties
- 20 oz Grounded Chicken 10 oz of Chicken thighs, 10 oz of chicken breast
- 2 Pieces Onion Medium
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Cream 33%
- ½ teaspoon Salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper or to taste
- Chop the onions and mix it with ground chicken, cream, cheddar cheese and seasonings. Mix well the composition.20 oz Grounded Chicken, 2 Pieces Onion, ½ cup Cheddar Cheese, ½ cup Cream, ½ teaspoon Salt, ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400°F (200°C) and form 4-6 chicken patties and put them in the air fryer basket.
- Cook the chicken patties for 15 minutes.
- Flip the chicken patties and cook them for another 5 minutes.
- Serve them as-is near a sauce, side dish, or on a burger buns.
I highly recommend reading the entire recipe to find more tips and notes about this recipe. Read Full Recipe ⇑
- Form equal-sized patties to make sure that all of them will cook in the same way.
- Use your own choice of seasonings to make right to your taste.
- If your air fryer basket doesn’t have an anti-sticking cover, consider using perforated parchment paper.
- Cooking time is an estimate only because the actual time may differ from one air fryer model to another. The recipe timings are for the quantity of ingredients that I specified and for the Cosori 5.8QT.
Looks really yummy! I am going to give this a try for dinner!
What a great way to use the air fryer. These would be great in a brioche bun.
Oh yum! These chicken patties look so good. Especially love that texture with the help of the air fryer.
Super simple and flavorful! The air fryer makes cooking so easy!
My kids loved this recipe and so did my hubby! I just love using my air fryer for new recipes for us to try. I’m beyond excited to make this for lunch again today!
Highly recommended!!! Me and my husband love this recipe
Didn’t make any changes, and these patties were delicious. Now I’m asking myself why I didn’t try to make them earlier from scratch instead of buying the frozen ones? Those were much better and not so hard to make as I was initially thought.
Wow! These were super-good. I made them again today. This is a great keto recipe. Thanks so much.